Everton vs. Manchester United

Red_Aaron

Rooney has to play, leaving him out will only see the situation playing on his mind all the more. This will be the worse ground he'll get stick at, lob him in and get it over with - he'll be better for it

not to mention the fact he's our best player and itll be a tough game regardless.

it'll be a battle for 60mins then our class will come through 2-0 Rooney & Scholes

Berlinknives

I'm not sure how "bold" a prediction it is suggesting a player that has regularly played between 20-40 games for us over the last 5 years might get a game :confused:
No one else is suggesting it! :nono:

Ordinarily after an international week, Park is one of those considered to lose out, but Valencia and Nani are far more in need of a rest than he is.

Berlinknives

Ins and outs
Having played for the reserve team last week against Oldham, it looks likely that Rio Ferdinand and Anderson will be available for selection, giving Sir Alex a boost in defence and midfield. There is still no possibility of Owen Hargreaves being involved but apart from that, United don’t have any serious issues concerning injuries. After the game against Aston Villa two weeks ago, the slight concerns for David Moyes (according to physioroom.co.uk) included Jack Rodwell (ankle), Phil Neville (ankle), Ayegbeni Yakubu (calf/shin) and Victor Anichebe (knee).

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Have a bad feeling about this one. Usual international week hangover. Plus Everton have been playing well but haven't won yet. They are due a result.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Have a bad feeling about this one. Usual international week hangover. Plus Everton have been playing well but haven't won yet. They are due a result.
Everton played well in their last game and were unlucky not to win (i forget who it was against now) but in their previous games they have been very poor. Against Wolves they were shocking.

I'm with you though, I always have a bad feeling about Goodison.

Havak

Pokemon master
It was a 1-0 loss away to Aston Villa. Villa are a good side but were in a bit of trouble off the pitch obviously. Villa were holding on for large portions of the game, but they still won.

Everton will improve throughout the season, they almost always do. So I just hope this isn't the game where they play out of their skin and get the result that thrusts them forward.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Nailed on for a draw. Like the Fulham game it'd be an improvement on last season, but Chelsea's soft run of fixtures to start their season would make it seem bad I guess.

Jaap

One of the away games I look forward to most as Goodison Park is a tough, tough place to go and get one, let alone three points.

We started off well last season, and also took the lead the year before; Fletcher it was who scored, I think.

nemanja15

^ No, Jaap's right, Berbatov scored last year as we did start off well, and the year before it was Fletcher who got the goal in a 1-1.

As for the team selection, as Anderson and Brown are playing in the Reserves game tonight, I can't see them playing a part on a Saturday lunchtime, instead perhaps on the bench for the Rangers game. Valencia I reckon will come off the bench at some time, and I fully expect Rooney to start up front with Berbatov. The other 'issue', if you can call it that, is Rio, who I expect to start.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
^ No, Jaap's right, Berbatov scored last year as we did start off well, and the year before it was Fletcher who got the goal in a 1-1.

As for the team selection, as Anderson and Brown are playing in the Reserves game tonight, I can't see them playing a part on a Saturday lunchtime, instead perhaps on the bench for the Rangers game. Valencia I reckon will come off the bench at some time, and I fully expect Rooney to start up front with Berbatov. The other 'issue', if you can call it that, is Rio, who I expect to start.
Fletcher's goal in that game :drool:

mufcwarm92

1-1. Our start to the season has been far too good for our standards, and I can't see us winning this. For the third season running, I've had a ticket for the game a Goodison and had to sell it due to othe commitments. So in an in incredibly selfish way, I want to be there when we next win there! Scrap that, I hope we fecking crush them.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Would like to see this:

VDS
Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Fletcher Nani
Berbatov Rooney

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really nervous about this one. They seem to really lift their games against. Hope we match their energy.

MJLD

I think Rio will be on the bench. I think we'll get a draw from this, I hate Everton away.

Jacob

Neat, Jacob.

Now, do change Evra's number to 3 and I will award you a credit.
:lol: how the feck did i manage to put a 4 there, anyhow.. im gonna update it after reading some more pre-game news.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Rooney willing to ask for compassionate leave from Man Utd

Okay its Tribal bollox.....

Rooney willing to ask for compassionate leave from Man Utd | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Wayne Rooney may seek compassionate leave from Manchester United to rescue his marriage.

The 24-year-old England striker pledged to put his football career on hold in a desperate bid to save his fragile marriage.

The Mirror says emotional Rooney told a friend: “I’m desperate to get her back. I will do anything to get her back. I realise what a fool I’ve been and how much hurt I’ve caused her.

“I will do anything, anything, to convince her that I am truly sorry.”

He told Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson he may need compassionate leave to try to salvage his two-year marriage.

He is prepared to miss vital domestic and European games, starting with this weekend’s Premiership clash with old club Everton.

MJLD

Bollocks, he'll play. Fancy seeing Hernandez get a start though.

Shimo

Boss commented today at presser that Valencia and Chicha both came in late last night at around 8:30 (Thu) and they'll need to assess where they stand. Valencia he said had to take 6 planes from Venezuela apparently ... OUCH.

Right now gut is telling me that Rooney will be on the bench. Just the wrong ground right after what has come out this week. So on that note:

VDS
O'Shea, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs
Berbatov, Owen

Bench: Rooney, TK, Evans, Rafael, Gibson, Valencia, Park

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
There's no way Rooney will be on the bench.

Whether he'd fecked a hooker or not, he was always going to get dogs abuse at Goodison.

Just instead of the chants of #DIE DIE DIE ROONEY DIE# it'll be something more like #DIRTY PROZZIE feckING BASTARD#.

Big fecking deal. He'll play.