Everton vs. Manchester United

Berlinknives

Boss commented today at presser that Valencia and Chicha both came in late last night at around 8:30 (Thu) and they'll need to assess where they stand. Valencia he said had to take 6 planes from Venezuela apparently ... OUCH.

Right now gut is telling me that Rooney will be on the bench. Just the wrong ground right after what has come out this week. So on that note:

VDS
O'Shea, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs
Berbatov, Owen

Bench: Rooney, TK, Evans, Rafael, Gibson, Valencia, Park
Think we'll see Ferdinand on the bench and Evans in the team.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Been waiting and waiting for this game. FINALLY it's here. I cannot wait to sit around and watch proper footy this weekend.

VDS
Oshea RIO Vidic (god it feels good writing this) Evra
Valencia Fletcher Scholes Nani
Berbtaov Rooney

Giggs, Gibson, Hernendez, Evans, Park

Be excited, be-be excited. I know I am!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Starting XI: ------------ Van Der Sar --------------------
O´Shea ----- Ferdinand ---------------- Vidic ------- Evra
-------------- Scholes --------------- Fletcher -----------
- Nani -------------------- Giggs -------------------- Park
-------------------------- Rooney ------------------------

Bench: Kuszczak, Rafael, J.Evans, Gibson, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda

Red-Indian

I like this though Valencia is the only question. If not in the team due to the travel factor, i'd definitely have him on the bench.

Some might say its risky to have Ferdinand starting but he always starts well when he's coming back from an injury or layoff.

zub2007

First I was not too sure if rooney will play but I think Fergie will start with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Anderson is fit, I wonder if we might go for a 4-3-3 with Scholes, Anderson and Fletcher in the middle, in case Everton pack the midfield.

Drifter

American
Can't see past a draw for this one.Just hope the team don't suffer from the early kick off syndrome.

Doevle

Berbatov has been too goodthis season to be dropped now. He scored at Goodison last year as well.

Woodzy

On the plus side if Rooney plays, he was gonna get booed at this game regardless. Hope he doesn't let it get to him.

Doevle

From Mark Ogden's Twitter:
Rooney lined up with Berbatov in a final run-through at training yesterday, so expect him to start at Everton today..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rooney will play and score.
Facht.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Rooney will play and score.
Facht.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah based on his outstanding record against Everton since signing for us right?

Rooney lets the Goodison crowd get under his skin at the BEST of times, never mind now. Should be on the bench.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I won't be able to predict the result until I see how we start the game.

Goodison never an easy place to go and it's going to be spicy as feck.

I'd stick all the old bastards in today - we need some proper experienced heads. Rio, Scholes, Giggs etc.

Northstand

Can't see past a draw for this one.Just hope the team don't suffer from the early kick off syndrome.
Yeah, I always feel we have too many off-days in the early kick-offs. It would be interesting to see if that perception was backed up by the facts.

I suspect Fergie has spent a great deal of time pondering whether to play Berbatov today, or to beef up the midfield. Personally, after Berbs' promising start to the season, I'd like to see him given a vote of confidence.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Rooney playing on the left for this one. He is under pressure and playing out wide maybe able to ease some of that. Besides we need the workrate today and playing both Valencia and Nani will leave us exposed. Personally I would go with a midfield three of Giggs, Fletch and Yoda with Nani wide on the right and Berba upfront on his own.
Valencia has been off the boil lately and perhaps a little rest may do him wonders especially given his round the world in 8 days trip.

Tibs

Hope Berba and Nani start

Not the best set of results of Everton lately, I'll take a half nil win

Berlinknives

There is no point having 3 strikers on the bench. I'd even opt for 3 defenders with Smalling or Neville and use Rafael as secondary wing cover or something. The need to put 3 strikers on in a match is as rare as needing a second goalkeeper substation.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah based on his outstanding record against Everton since signing for us right?

Rooney lets the Goodison crowd get under his skin at the BEST of times, never mind now. Should be on the bench.
Not based on anything, just a very strong gut feeling I have. Hope I'm proved right.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's a lot of negativity in here, which I guess isn't overly surprising considering our record at goodison, but come on guys, we should never go into a league game saying a draw is a good result. I don't care who or where we are playing, we should always expect three points.

Have some confidence in the players and the manager, if SAF starts Rooney is because he thinks he is up to dealing with the hostility and that's good enough for me. If Rooney plays I reckon he'll have a blinder, 90 minutes of loud and clear support from our travelling faithful will help.

I saw my friend, the other day.....

thoward

It's not a lisp!

He was United's man of the match in the league games in 04-05,05-06 and 06-07, as well as playing well in his first game back there in the FA Cup.