Every player's wages

M Bison

Supports
York City
It does feel like we’re trying to undo some of this, DDG was offered a lower salary? What was Shaw’s new contract worth vs previous contract?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yes but we have to start as we mean to go on, rewarding Rashford for a very good season is important but overpaying isn’t the way forward. Negotiating new signings and associated contracts, would compare to what is currently being given out rather than what is historically being paid.

The board have recognised that inflated wages are an issue amongst the team and are looking at reducing that, starting with renewals including Shaw, Rashford and DDG.
And you think Rashford and Antony shpuld be on same wages? Or that Sancho should have more than Rashford?

We made mistakes long time ago, it's not the time to fix it on our only player who can score goals.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
And you think Rashford and Antony shpuld be on same wages? Or that Sancho should have more than Rashford?

We made mistakes long time ago, it's not the time to fix it on our only player who can score goals.
Yes but it has to start somewhere, so because we made mistakes with wages previously we should continue that trend?
New regime in charge of the club, start as you mean to go on and not repeat mistakes.
Rashford should get his renewal at 300k a week, hes not worth more than that. We have Casemiro on less than Sancho due to the poor running of the club previously and we are actively trying to correct that.
Antony got what the club thought was appropriate for his fee and potential, it hasnt worked out yet but theres still time and a good player to extract.

Say we offer Rashford 350-400k a week, then new signings will use that as a gauge, someone with more stature wanting to join will then want to be paid more and then we have learned nothing.

nazanto

Not even my money but I'm actually kinda mad to see how United actually really stupid when paying up all these players. Like an actual stupid. Paying Antony 200k per week? Brandon William got 65k and so on. I even dare to say not a single player in this club actually deserve that kind of money given what they produced all these years. That amount of money would probably be better spend in others part of clubs etc. Jesus. There must some kind of Whatsapp group where all the agents of United players were in there and their text messages were just laughing and money emoji .

Reactions: oates

RazorOz

800k pw it adds up to, Sancho and Martial may be sold in the summer, have a feeling ETH doesnt want them in the squad.
Who is going to buy either on the wages they're on? That leaves you with loans where you're still paying half their wages, which is barely worth it when we need some kind of squad.

Matthew84!

Martial is still young, he is on alot of money but surely most people know players get paid to leave when the clubs want them out, its a sweetener so they can go somewhere else on less money

RazorOz

Martial is still young, he is on alot of money but surely most people know players get paid to leave when the clubs want them out, its a sweetener so they can go somewhere else on less money
With him it's his injury record that is going to make clubs reluctant to touch him. Martial is hardly our biggest problem anyway, when he actually plays he is a fine addition to the squad, the problem is he hardly plays.

Sancho we would have to pay an absurd amount to leave. No club would probably even give him a 1/3 of the wages he's on currently. Still has years left on his contract, we're never going to buy out his contract like that, as it would make no financial sense to do so. I'm not even sure where he goes, because it's rare to see an English player look totally unsuited to playing in the Premier League, back to Dortmund, but what are they going to pay for him? It'd probably be too embarrassing to even entertain.

Cantonalegod

All who started today should all have two weeks wages deducted after that awful catastrophic performance.

AbusementPark

Who is going to buy either on the wages they're on? That leaves you with loans where you're still paying half their wages, which is barely worth it when we need some kind of squad.
They will have to accept lower wages to get game time. I’d rather sell them and use Pellistri and Garnacho more and the proceeds from the sales on players that can make a difference at the club. Still not convinced about this team as it is either, still some rotten element in it.

AbusementPark

With him it's his injury record that is going to make clubs reluctant to touch him. Martial is hardly our biggest problem anyway, when he actually plays he is a fine addition to the squad, the problem is he hardly plays.

Sancho we would have to pay an absurd amount to leave. No club would probably even give him a 1/3 of the wages he's on currently. Still has years left on his contract, we're never going to buy out his contract like that, as it would make no financial sense to do so. I'm not even sure where he goes, because it's rare to see an English player look totally unsuited to playing in the Premier League, back to Dortmund, but what are they going to pay for him? It'd probably be too embarrassing to even entertain.
Lukaku went back to Inter not long after Chelsea paid a fortune for him so it’s not inconceivable to think it couldn’t happen. Although he’s not a fit for us doesn’t mean he couldn’t be brilliant in a different team/setup. The way City play they could accommodate him and get more from him. Plenty of possession on the ball suits his style, plus linking with Haaland again.
we would have to take a loss on Sancho but I would rather do it now than pay his wage for another 2/3 years and lose him for free. Yes we need depth but it seems Sancho isn’t right for this United team.

RazorOz

Lukaku went back to Inter not long after Chelsea paid a fortune for him so it’s not inconceivable to think it couldn’t happen. Although he’s not a fit for us doesn’t mean he couldn’t be brilliant in a different team/setup. The way City play they could accommodate him and get more from him. Plenty of possession on the ball suits his style, plus linking with Haaland again.
we would have to take a loss on Sancho but I would rather do it now than pay his wage for another 2/3 years and lose him for free. Yes we need depth but it seems Sancho isn’t right for this United team.
Only on loan though, and now he's heading back to Chelsea this summer as supposedly Inter don't want to keep him, and Chelsea are in the same position of struggling to find a buyer. I'd also argue Lukaku has far more worth than Sancho. For all his faults, Lukaku is a solid player at the right club before his recent injury troubles, his wages are also likely not as ridiculous as Sancho's.

I had high hopes for Sancho, but it's hard to argue he's been anything but abysmal. It goes further than just not fitting the setup imo. He looks weak, paceless, his work rate is very questionable. I don't really see him as a fit for anyone in the Premier League, I mean they're might be a taker, but from what we currently see I'd be surprised if it worked out.

Economically the loss is going to be hard to justify I imagine in the face of the idea of that he might come good. We paid what, like £70m less than 2 years ago? We'd be lucky to get like 20m currently, and then the wages are a huge issue. We'd probably have to pay him at least 200k a week of his contract for another 3 years, as just no club is going to offer him close to his current wages. If he does eventually leave I suspect it will be closer to the end of his contract, and not this summer at least.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
:rolleyes:

Sancho was earning £190,000 a week at Dortmund, they weren't paying him pennies over there.
Who's right, Mr Rolleyes? What's your fecking source?

I feel this list tells a tale about when their wages get pumped, it's usually when signing and not when extending:

PlayerClubOld WageNew WageIncrease
SanchoDortmund
£2 830 768,00​
£18 200 000,00​
542,94 %​
CasemiroReal Madrid
£9 677 688,00​
£18 200 000,00​
88,06 %​
VaraneReal Madrid
£15 109 224,00​
£17 680 000,00​
17,01 %​
MartialMonaco
£505 115,00​
£5 720 000,00​
1032,42 %​
FernandesSporting CP
£2 538 845,00​
£9 360 000,00​
268,67 %​
AntonyAjax
£1 344 615,00​
£10 400 000,00​
673,46 %​
MaguireLeicester
£4 680 000,00​
£9 880 000,00​
111,11 %​
Eriksen*Inter
£8 509 996,00​
£7 800 000,00​
-8,34 %​
Eriksen*Brentford
£3 120 000,00​
£7 800 000,00​
150,00 %​
ShawSouthampton
£1 300 000,00​
£5 720 000,00​
340,00 %​
FredShakhtar
£1 750 044,00​
£6 240 000,00​
256,56 %​
LindelofBenfica
£337 038,00​
£3 900 000,00​
1057,14 %​
MartinezAjax
£1 061 538,00​
£6 240 000,00​
487,83 %​
van de BeekAjax
£2 211 538,00​
£6 240 000,00​
182,16 %​
Wan-BissakaCrystal Palace
£780 000,00​
£4 680 000,00​
500,00 %​
MalaciaFeyenoord
£345 000,00​
£3 900 000,00​
1030,43 %​
HeatonAston Villa
£2 080 000,00​
£2 300 000,00​
10,58 %​
DalotPorto
£137 115,00​
£1 300 000,00​
848,11 %​

Given Antony and Martinez' wages you start to wonder if anything has really changed.

(Note: The weird numbers are because they were paid in euros, source is www.capology.com, its probably as good a guess as the rest)

RazorOz

They will have to accept lower wages to get game time. I’d rather sell them and use Pellistri and Garnacho more and the proceeds from the sales on players that can make a difference at the club. Still not convinced about this team as it is either, still some rotten element in it.
But they aren't going to just accept a 1/3 of their current wages just to get game time, they would want paying off. It's extremely optimistic to think selling Sancho would add any money to the transfer kitty at all. We'd probably have to pay him like £10m a year for the remaining 3 years of his contract just to get rid. I doubt a club is offering more than 30m for him.

Martial I don't see it being worth our while to force him out either. We barely have a striker at the club to begin with, the players you mention couldn't replace Martial's role in the squad. Even if we bring one in the summer Martial still adds value to the squad.

I think it's far more likely you'll see Maguire leave in the summer, as someone that will hold actual value with buyers, and will be easy to find a buyer for, so will suit all parties. McTominay is a big possibility too, as again there will be takers.

fallengt

1,2,5,7,18 are what wrong with this club. Thank feck to Woodward

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Last edited:

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Not even my money but I'm actually kinda mad to see how United actually really stupid when paying up all these players. Like an actual stupid. Paying Antony 200k per week? Brandon William got 65k and so on. I even dare to say not a single player in this club actually deserve that kind of money given what they produced all these years. That amount of money would probably be better spend in others part of clubs etc. Jesus. There must some kind of Whatsapp group where all the agents of United players were in there and their text messages were just laughing and money emoji .
It is your money if you're a season ticket holder, pay to see the occasional game, buy merchandise etc etc. Criminal really.

crossy1686

career ending
Good news is that they're on 20%-25% less than advertised here because they didn't qualify for CL football last season.

However, some a fecking stealing a living. We're better off just releasing people at this point.

gajender

It is your money if you're a season ticket holder, pay to see the occasional game, buy merchandise etc etc. Criminal really.
No it's not you pay for the product and that's it , unless you are a share holder then it's a different matter .

wolvored

Yes but we have to start as we mean to go on, rewarding Rashford for a very good season is important but overpaying isn’t the way forward. Negotiating new signings and associated contracts, would compare to what is currently being given out rather than what is historically being paid.

The board have recognised that inflated wages are an issue amongst the team and are looking at reducing that, starting with renewals including Shaw, Rashford and DDG.
Yes the board should have a figure and stick to it. For example DeGea has turned down Utds offer on a reduced contract. Say they have dropped it to 200k. They should say thats the offer good luck getting it elsewhere. Once the penny dropped he would soon sign it.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
No it's not you pay for the product and that's it , unless you are a share holder then it's a different matter .
I just think we see things differently. When you pay to see a game and it's not cheap if you are unhappy which a lot of you seem to be, and I agree a bit then you aren't getting value for money but apart from that you are putting your money into the coffers. With merchandise it's like you are paying for a product which value is linked to the performance but yet again, when you pay your money to advertise the shop/business etc, again you are putting your money in the piggy bank.

Apart from all of the pov the fans spiritually own the club, it's yours, not some temporary fly by night carpetbaggers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The Athletic.
The £350k from figure is an urban myth which has somehow gained legs.
Also people will never read the wording when wages are reported. Just see Brandon Williams example, it was reported he will earn upto 65k, which means he should achieve lot of bonuses to get that. He barely plays, how can he get 65k.

People are lazy when it comes to reading the wages.

HookedOnAPhelan

I seem to remember The Athletic reporting that Sancho was given wages of £250k plus bonuses when he signed.

AbusementPark

But they aren't going to just accept a 1/3 of their current wages just to get game time, they would want paying off. It's extremely optimistic to think selling Sancho would add any money to the transfer kitty at all. We'd probably have to pay him like £10m a year for the remaining 3 years of his contract just to get rid. I doubt a club is offering more than 30m for him.

Martial I don't see it being worth our while to force him out either. We barely have a striker at the club to begin with, the players you mention couldn't replace Martial's role in the squad. Even if we bring one in the summer Martial still adds value to the squad.

I think it's far more likely you'll see Maguire leave in the summer, as someone that will hold actual value with buyers, and will be easy to find a buyer for, so will suit all parties. McTominay is a big possibility too, as again there will be takers.
I would still expect us to get around 50m for Sancho, there’s a good player there just needs the right setup for it.

If he’s not playing regularly then it’s going to affect his career massively going forward. He can warm the bench and collect his salary for the next 3 years and then leave for free if he wants, who will want him after that.

International career will stall for 3 years, missing out on Euros and World cups.
Better for both parties to cut their losses and do what’s best for each other.
In regards to Martial, anyone can replace him, he barely plays. The amount of games he misses through injury is ridiculous, it’s not what we need at all. Even when he does play he goes missing in a lot of games. We need rid of him and a fresh start up front. We’ve coped without him most of the last 4 years due to the same reasons and he won’t be that missed if he goes. I do agree he’s a good backup option if we did keep him but would prefer to shift him on and bring in a couple of new strikers to replace him.

A lot will be dictated by who owns us after this buyout happens. If it’s the Glazers then I expect Martial etc to stay as we won’t have funds to replace or improve on.
I do agree that Maguire and McT will be gone in the summer as they want game time and aren’t on massive wages.

RazorOz

I would still expect us to get around 50m for Sancho, there’s a good player there just needs the right setup for it.

If he’s not playing regularly then it’s going to affect his career massively going forward. He can warm the bench and collect his salary for the next 3 years and then leave for free if he wants, who will want him after that.

International career will stall for 3 years, missing out on Euros and World cups.
Better for both parties to cut their losses and do what’s best for each other.
In regards to Martial, anyone can replace him, he barely plays. The amount of games he misses through injury is ridiculous, it’s not what we need at all. Even when he does play he goes missing in a lot of games. We need rid of him and a fresh start up front. We’ve coped without him most of the last 4 years due to the same reasons and he won’t be that missed if he goes. I do agree he’s a good backup option if we did keep him but would prefer to shift him on and bring in a couple of new strikers to replace him.

A lot will be dictated by who owns us after this buyout happens. If it’s the Glazers then I expect Martial etc to stay as we won’t have funds to replace or improve on.
I do agree that Maguire and McT will be gone in the summer as they want game time and aren’t on massive wages.
I think it's incredibly wishful thinking we will get anywhere near 50m for him given his wages. The level of club that is likely to want him aren't the type of clubs to throw about 50m to begin with, and Sancho is probably on about 2-3x their current highest earners wages.

I mean a lot of what you say sounds good, professional talk, but there's a lot of evidence showing footballers don't really think like that. He also might think his international career is done regardless if he takes a step down.

The only way I can see him leaving this summer is loan, and even then I think there will be issues, as I can't imagine the club really wants to pay 10m for him to go on loan somewhere. Otherwise I think economically the move won't make sense for either party until his contract has run down a bit.

Lecland07

I think the worst one there is Brandon Williams. How did he get on £65k per week? He barely even played for the club.

PSV

I think the worst one there is Brandon Williams. How did he get on £65k per week? He barely even played for the club.
He played most of our games in the second half of the 2019-20-season on either back (Shaw and Dalot both had injury trouble) and signed a new contract that summer.

And as crazy as it may sound, despite his almost nonexistent attacking contribution he actually played well defensively... prior to signing that deal.