Evra accuses Suarez of racist remarks | Suarez guilty of racial abuse

Laphroaig

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do.

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager.

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

KD: We all have a responsibility - Liverpool FC

Erics_Collar

Please please please please please let us issue a statement "We accept both Luis Suarez and Kenny Dalglish's respective apologies. Just don't let it happen again."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
What a shit statement from Dalglish. As expected.

This man should've done better, and when he has a chance to change it, he still can't do it properly. He's the most responsible person for all that has happened recently.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I hope there is. That would wind them up so much. Whenever I get into a debate with someone and they say "I'm sorry but...." I always interrupt "It's okay, I forgive you, keep going...".

Love it.
I can see what you mean but I'd hate for that to happen. The newspapers seemingly already think that the statements by Liverpool are enough but they're not. They're a start but it's only when Suarez apologises directly to Evra, or the club apologises for the lies they've spread about Evra through some of their previous statements that this should come to a close.

LARulz

Suarez and Kenny have really damaged the clubs reputation. They said they were wrong but not about the initial incident, just yesterday's actions.

scream

Please please please please please let us issue a statement "We accept both Luis Suarez and Kenny Dalglish's respective apologies. Just don't let it happen again."

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease
Why should we?
They've made no apology to Evra, no apology for racist comments. So why should we issue a statement saying we accept their apology?:confused:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Suarez and Dalglish have both been given warnings by Liverpool's bosses.

Erics_Collar

Why should we?
They've made no apology to Evra, no apology for racist comments. So why should we issue a statement saying we accepy their apology?:confused:
Exactly, they probably think they're being smart.

Imagine you were in their position - and you absolutely detested Man Utd and Patrice Evra. Then you see United and Evra come out and accept an apology that you didn't mean to give them, and the press reporting that United and Evra have accepted your apology and are being praised for being the bigger man. That would wind them up no end! :lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Wait, so I have my cake, and eat it too?!

Today has been great.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I can see what you mean but I'd hate for that to happen. The newspapers seemingly already think that the statements by Liverpool are enough but they're not. They're a start but it's only when Suarez apologises directly to Evra, or the club apologises for the lies they've spread about Evra through some of their previous statements that this should come to a close.
in a nutshell.

but I would not hold my breath. LFC are a shit of a club.

Erics_Collar

Another statement from LFC.tv:

"In a hat-trick of grovelling apologies, Stewart Downing has issued an apology to Liverpool fans for being absolutely shít at football. More to follow..."

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I'm glad that LFC finally took this necessary step and apologized. Probably an order from the owners but never less.

I hope we as United supporters are brave enough to accept the apology from the club and Suarez. We can do that. The bottom line is that we never let racist win this battle. Patrice Evra stood up for himself and rightly so. Now he and the club can walk out of this with their reputation intact and that's the important thing.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm glad that LFC finally took this necessary step and apologized. Probably an order from the owners but never less.

I hope we as United supporters are brave enough to accept the apology from the club and Suarez. We can do that. The bottom line is that we never let racist win this battle. Patrice Evra stood up for himself and rightly so. Now he and the club can walk out of this with their reputation intact and that's the important thing.
err the only problem is LFC has not apologised to United and Evra.

Damien

Staff
in a nutshell.

but I would not hold my breath. LFC are a shit of a club.
Yep. It truly is amazing. The statements Liverpool have come out with about Suarez/Evra must be in double figures by now yet not one has apologised to the player or apologised for some of the slander which Liverpool fans are still coming out with (that Evra has previous when he doesn't)

scream

I await the next LFC statement:

We would like to apologise to Patrice Evra for any racist comment made by Luis Suarez and the libelous and slanderous remarks made by members of the club and supporters of the club towards Patrice Evra.

Not holding my breath though.

Moonwalker

Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do.

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager.

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."
Notwithstanding that this obviously came from above, rather than Dalglish having an epiphany, this is still the closest they've come to any sort of dignity in this circus.

What a disgrace they have become.

LARulz

So they still say sorry only for yesterday but nothing else? Guess its a step.

All this could have been avoided if Suarez just shook hands.

MUFCgal

They can shove their hollow apologies up their arses. The're only apologising to save face because of the shit storm surrounding their club. They are apologising to Liverpool FC for dragging the club through the mud, but where is Evra's apology??

They questioned his character, his integrity and whether he was telling the truth. They tried to slander his name, that's unforgivable in my eyes.

feck off LFC.

Brophs

The One and Only
Does anybody actually believe Dalglish didn't know about the non-handshake?

Really?
Aye, it's kicking off in the tunnel for four minutes, according to Sky, and he doesn't think to ask "What was that all about?" when the players get in?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What about all the conspiracy theories about evil Evra not wanting to shake hands yesterday?

Rawkites apologised for being idiots?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This is probably the first correct thing Liverpool as a club have done throughout the whole affair. Dalglish and Suarez may not be genuine in their apologies, but at least it seems that the owners are.

Damien

Staff
Pathetic. The player on SSN in front of Anfield has dodged the question about whether Suarez should have apologised to Evra and has instead said that there's a number of players (i.e. Evra etc.) who should have acted better yesterday.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
United statement in full:

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Damien

Staff
Reds accept rivals' apology

Manchester United thanks Liverpool for the apologies issued following Saturday's game.

Everyone at Old Trafford wants to move on from this. The history of our two great clubs is one of success and rivalry unparalleled in British football.

That should be the focus in the future of all those who love the clubs.
Reds accept rivals' apology - Official Manchester United Website