Ex-academy lad speaks on life under Mourinho,dressing room love for Pogba and McKenna’s influence

Eli Zee

I’ll write a report from an anonymous youth player also.

Literally has no backing. Could all be made up.

InfiniteBoredom

I'm leaning towards PR attempt/fiction because the McKenna's part reeks of tactical wannabe fanspeak.

But who knows, maybe our coaches also play FM.

SATA

I love Pogba even more. He's been nothing but a positive influence at the club ever since he's arrived. Mourinho put out that he's a virus and everyone lapped it out

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah it didn't go well but that's the package Mourinho brought with him, He was never famous with academy players.

Also let's not forget :
  • When Moyes brought his staffs in, there were news about how He looks like a man who knows what He wants, not under the shadow of Sir Alex. There were analysis of Phil Neville being not only a staff but also a red devil at heart, correct decision, etc etc (feck, I feel like I want to vomit now)
  • When LvG first came here, people said There were togetherness after Moyes' disaster. He controlled training sessions and appreciated the academy. At this point, people were belittling Moyes
  • When Jose first came here, people said He fixed the dressing room by letting players eat lunch together again (after being separated by LvG, apparently), players looked happy again. At this point, people were belittling LvG
  • Now... Ole is here and people talk shit about Mourinho not appreciating academy players (surprise surprise) and the players are now happy again
I might be skeptical here but these kind silly of news/interviews are only there to make money for the journalists (and to 'convince' fans that things are okay). It happens everytime We switch manager and it looks like the best decision ever, everytime.

If things go tits up, it's just a matter of time before people start belittling Ole, McKenna, Carrick. Even the same players/people. Let's see what happens next season under Ole. But I won't be holding my breath, there have been so many mistakes that a few positive things can't change the outlook of the entire thing. "Fixing" the club is always going to be a lengthy process.
Good points. Rather than using this as a stick to beat Jose with, as you say, I'm going to concentrate on how much I like the cut of McKenna's jib. Sounds a very good, respected coach.

He'sRaldo

Interesting that people will jump to be sceptical of this positive news but will also believe anything negative the press writes.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Likely Callum Gribbin. There have been a few youth players who left this summer but don't think any of the others would have been involved in enough training sessions the season just gone.
Don't think Gribbin was in U18s in 2017/18.
Last year, around February, when we [U18’s] were playing Manchester City, Kieran was doing a performance analysis session on how to press City and he used Shakhtar Donetsk as an example.
Has to be a player who was in and around 1st team training last year (meaning potentially went to US last summer) and was in U18s in 17/18 season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's normal to be skeptical when anonimity is involved but the part about Mourinho has pretty much been reported several times, he has never cared about players that aren't available or in his plans, it was reported that he would avoid academy candidates and their parents when they were visiting and that pretty much everyone disliked him in the training center. There is nothing ground breaking in that article.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Or it's a load of made up bollocks.
Obviously. In case the quotes are true, it leaves us with a very small pool of players, so much so that you might be able to literally pinpoint the name of the player

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Mourinho still waiting for that 'perfect' gig to match his ego rather than take on a real challenge. The longer he leaves it the less relevant he will become.

Frank Grimes

I don't think that anyone ever thought that pogba wasn't liked around Old Trafford. It's the constant whipping up of speculation from his agent and let's face it aided by pogba himself and also his sub par performances on the field that I've personally had an issue with. Never thought he was bad person causing dressing room unrest.

R'hllor

Well about youth i wouldnt be surprised one bit, the way how he was shitting on them last summer for no fecking reason was mental. Compare their preseason this summer. Then again his definition of promoting youth was a list of players he gave 2 min debut and never to be seen after.

pascell

If any of its true, wouldn't be surprised if it was Woodward and not a random youth team player. Especially the stuff re Pogba, Ed will definitely want the fans behind him this season plus he'll try and sign him up to a bumper new deal.

TsuWave

If any of its true, wouldn't be surprised if it was Woodward and not a random youth team player. Especially the stuff re Pogba, Ed will definitely want the fans behind him this season plus he'll try and sign him up to a bumper new deal.
don't you think Ed has access to reporters with bigger platforms?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Moruinho was just wrong for us. Glad the miserable one is gone.

On the other hand, I wonder if McKenna has leadership qualities because based on his management of the youth team and what everyone says about him, he seems to be an extremely talented coach with strong ideas and vision on the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unsurprising that Pogba is loved. Genuinely. It’s fecking outrageous how honed in the media is on him.

el3mel

Without the name of that academy lad this fanfiction has absolutely no ground whatsoever.

DoomSlayer

Mourinho is gone and everyone at the club hated him. His fanboys should get over it already, the whole world has realised what that man is and it's no wonder he still hasn't found a club to manage.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'll respond as if it is true, because we might as well assume it is rather than assuming it isn't.

The Jose bit doesn't surprise in the slightest. A stark contrast to Fergie who often had banter with the kids. Anyone who's worked for different kinds of people knows it's that kind of thing that make a massive difference to the team acting like a team.

Pogba thing is unsurprising too.
This bit is interesting:
"if you don’t know what to do, pass it to me even if I’m marked’.”
which confirms something I mentioned a while back - that he thinks he's better than he is at keeping the ball, hence him always trying to stride past players or keeping hold of it for too long (and often being dispossessed).

Reddy Rederson

Why are we still talking about Jose? It’s as bad as trump constantly banging on about Hilary and her fecking emails. Jose’s gone, he’s not coming back. It doesn’t matter if he was a prick or if he was the greatest guy ever; he’s gone.

TsuWave

A few are yeah, more are saying about it not being a surprise how loved Pogba is
I feel it would have been the same with a reporter with a bigger platform. If Woodward wanted this out there, I don't think he would have talked to someone who isn't even verified on twitter, but alas

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why are we still talking about Jose? It’s as bad as trump constantly banging on about Hilary and her fecking emails. Jose’s gone, he’s not coming back. It doesn’t matter if he was a prick or if he was the greatest guy ever; he’s gone.
It's a new article that sheds some light on the situation, assuming it's true. You expect people not to talk about it on a forum? How odd.

Thepinhead

It can only be one of these two players if the info in the article is correct.

Ethan Hamilton
Was on tour but left on loan january 2019

RoShaun Williams
Was on tour left the club january 2019

My guess is that it is Ethan Hamilton since he is a midfielder too so it fits with what he is saying about pogba and fred

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because he’s fecked up our club massively.

Put it this way. When Trump is gone, his impact will set the US back massively. Mourinho was the worst decision this club ever made.

0le

The stories about Pogba are well known. Behind the public eye, he is well liked by those around him. Whether the information about McKenna is true or not remains to be seen, but I seem to recollect several journalists have said he is well regarded within the club.

mu4c_20le

Not surprised by many things in the article but good to have it in writing nonetheless. Pogba is nothing like how the media or caf portrays, a prima donna who cares only about himself and instagram stories.