Expectations for the season

Redfrog

I’d take finishing where we are now if we finally change hands ownership wise. We are a complete mess with discipline and off field issues once again. I’m pretty happy to be honest there’s a consequence to this so until we can get a grip of these issues we have no place at the top table.
I’ll take a relegation to get ride of the Glazer’s.
It would be in the best long term interest of the club.

Redfrog

The season has just started, we should always get top 4. If not we have to sack the manager. I think ETH will turn it around. I expect a top 4 finish and atleast going through the group stage of CL
All right Avram.

soapythecat

Won’t get too 4. Out form, style of play, lack of goals and our ability to get bummed by any decent footballing side since the League Cup all points towards a poor season. We’ve had a wank window too.
I see us finishing mid table 8th-11th.
I’m already at the don’t give a feck until the Glazers are gone as nothing will change - Brighton manager could come in and we’d still be shit. Just please stop getting drilled in the ass at Anfield lads!

zaafi

Realistically, I think we'll finish 5th. We will get our shit together, but it will be too late to get top 4.

Manutd GOGOGO

I would like to see less injuries in our squad. The more our key players stay fit, the better our season will end.

Dominos

The season has just started, we should always get top 4. If not we have to sack the manager. I think ETH will turn it around. I expect a top 4 finish and atleast going through the group stage of CL
I wish I shared your confidence, but we've given Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs a 7 point lead on us already.

Our form needs to pick up starting now, a couple more bad results and 4th place will have a double digit lead over us.

We've been lucky Chelsea and Newcastle's results have also been as bad as ours.

Falconhoof

I wish it was as simple as a poor start to the season, tough fixtures and injuries etc. We've been this bad since Feb is the problem with various players in the starting 11. We all know what we're watching every week. We're consistently very naive. I'll be stunned if this gets fixed pretty quickly even when Amrabat etc come in. The system is a mess. We may get the odd good performance and result but I don't see it being consistent and solid. They just don't look like they have a clue what they're doing, particularly without the ball.

always_hoping

Worst start to a season for United since 2014 when Van Gaal was manager with 5 points from 5 games back then and finished that season in 4th. 4th was the highest position United was ever likely finish this season regardless of the poor start IMO. Man City,Liverpool and Arsenal were expected to finish in the top 3 leaving one spot open, Tottenham the current favourites 5/4 to finish 4th. Can get odds of 11/4 on United to finish 4th, that's longer odds than Newcastle,Brighton,Chelsea.

Demon Barber

I am confident that we will improve on this poor start. Many of the 12(!) teams currently above us will have a difficult spell at some point. At the moment I take solace in the fact that Chelsea have spent £1bn in 12 months and they are still below us.

Top four for me. Last 16 of CL. Hopefully a good FA Cup run. Reserves/youth only in the League Cup.

Falconhoof

I admire the optimism from some posters but I just don't know why anyone can be optimistic after seeing what we've seen. I know we went on a good run last season but again, look at those last few months and now the start of this. It's really bad imho and so bad in basic areas, I fail to see how they can get it right in a hurry. I watch goals go in against us and have no emotion when they do. Purely as I know we can't compete at the highest level anymore. Until we can, it feels like we're going through the motions week after week.

Falconhoof

I think even the most optimistic are starting to wake up . It really is the same every game. Again though, at least I can watch them passively these days. I caught the end of some BT show last night about champs league history. Showed our 99 Juve game and final with Cole. Oh the joy it brought even now. Hopefully we experience it again some day. A team that excites and is damn good

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's getting worse every week isn't it.

He can't turn this around unfortunately. Buckle up folks, its going to be another shite season :(

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
At this rate, let's do a Spuds. I don't want to see us in the EL again, let alone the bloody conference league.

Superunknown

6 points off the top 4 and 9 points off the top spot after 7 games is appalling. It's still only fecking September, but the feeling I have is that we're already out of it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
At least 7 teams are comfortably better than us and there's no sign we're going to suddenly improve.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Top half finish.

We’re not getting CL. Genuinely see maybe scraping conference league place.

Not winning any silverware.

Happy to be quoted in 9 months.

Wilt

At least with City losing keeps us in the title race

:wenger:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Top half finish.

We’re not getting CL. Genuinely see maybe scraping conference league place.

Not winning any silverware.

Happy to be quoted in 9 months.
I agree, top half finish is the best we can expect now. We'll be out of the cups soon enough.

ElDiabloRojo

Hopefully the club sale gets finished.

This season football wise is a write off it seems.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Since we won’t be getting CL next season qualifying from the premier league out priority should be doing our best to fall out of the europa league spots. Then we go again next season.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We get sold and hopefully loads of useless bums leave the club. We’ve loads in the management, coaching and playing staff.

Hughie77

It's top 6 at a push and maybe a cup again...I don't know. We can't score goals again..Rashford has gone backwards how? Hojlund needs time .. until we start scoring I don't know

Partridge

i'd say, on this form, we will finish between 8 - 12. We will inevitably improve from this dross at some point, its just a case of when. I think we may just about grab a champs league place, but it remains finely balanced, like two fat birds on a seesaw.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I loss hope on top 4 or 5. We are some distance behind that level now.

So probably top 6 would be nice... but we could end up at around 6 - 8 range.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Throw the league, do enough to survive. No chance of top 4. Too many strong contenders in City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle who all have 3/4 results head start on us already.

Have a crack at the cups.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As soon as it was apparent that we were looking to spend the majority of our budget on Mount, I knew we weren't going to progress as a club/team so I didn't really have any expectations.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Even playing crap teams, we are not guaranteed wins because we are crap as well. Anyone here realistically think we can finish top 4 is delusional. I think we will probably finish 8-10 this season, we will a massive blood transfusion. Sell Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, Sancho, Maguire, McTominay, Dalot, AWB, VDB, Varane, Lindeloft, Antony and Martial. We need reboot as a club and these players are here long enough and time for them to go. We will go youth and start playing with Garnacho, Mainoo, Hannibal, Gore, Amad, Hoijund. Let these players grow together and we may not a better squad in 3 years time. Forget about the result, time for youth movement and culture change.

Roboc7

Manager sacked, interim appointment and another wasted season feels more and more likely. We look so poor that every game is a a struggle home or away. Palace midweek was only exception and we could be in pretty awful position after the Derby.

Top 4 looks very competitive and we could see on be 10-12 points off the pace, even if things pick up that will be a big ask.