Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quinton Fortune

Also I hope they let him know that his brother died because he ran him over. By the look of his injuries it was pretty much entirely because of getting run over the shoulder/head.

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Personally, I think hoping that he is tortured to death or labeling him "evil" etc is stupid. There is nothing to learn or gain from that. At the end of the day he was just a normal teenager until something happened to him. Calling him evil won't stop that from happening in the future. What he did was evil, his intentions were evil but why were they come from and how did he go from normal teenager to extremist?

Was it mainly his older brother to blame? Turned his head or something?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Personally, I think hoping that he is tortured to death or labeling him "evil" etc is stupid. There is nothing to learn or gain from that. At the end of the day he was just a normal teenager until something happened to him. Calling him evil won't stop that from happening in the future. What he did was evil, his intentions were evil but why were they come from and how did he go from normal teenager to extremist?

They couldn't have done it alone though.

Quinton Fortune

I think I read that he died from cardiac arrest caused by the bomb he had strapped to himself. The picture of him online is a fake.
The online picture looks fine to me, the damage on his ribcage seems consistent with a last ditch attempt by the doctors to keep him alive. Can see bullet wounds through the side of the body and arm. Also needles going into the chest to release pressure from the chest. Also apparently the red across him is what you would get if you were run over.

What leads you to think its fake? It was pretty much confirmed real as the hospital are trying to find the leak

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What leads you to think its fake? It was pretty much confirmed real as the hospital are trying to find the leak
There were reports earlier that it was a picture from one of those dead people picture sites that had been around for a while. No idea what is true but the person in the photo certainly looks like the suspect and the injuries could be consistent with reports of events.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I had read it was earlier but just did a quick look on Google and it looks like you are right. I haven't seen it myself and don't want to, so I can't comment on the damage.
The pictures of the guy with his legs blown off below the knee were much worse. Although I tend to think that seeing such pictures helps to bring home the reality of violence to people.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is also unclear when he got his various wounds. He was obvioulsy injured as there was blood on the boat when the home owner found him but the police have confirmed that he exchanged gunfire with the police once he was surrounded so he may have been shot then on top of his existing injuries.

It seems like they REALLY wanted him alive otherwise they could have shot the boat to bits once he fired irrespective of who shot first.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The pictures of the guy with his legs blown off below the knee were much worse. Although I tend to think that seeing such pictures helps to bring home the reality of violence to people.
I agree. I think we'd be less willing to go to other countries and kill people if there was more public awareness of what happens when we do.

Pimpmofo

I don't do well seeing stuff like that, for the exact reason you stated. I'm probably a bit naive when it comes to what bad people are capable of and I can't get it out of my head for days when I see stuff like that. It keeps me awake at night, I completely lose my appetite, and I get a little depressed.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
its been a tense week..with those poor people dying in Texas too.

watching the crowd come out and just cheer...was very uplifting.

we need to support those people who have been injured.

it will be a good night...even if I have a bit of a cold....

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

agree. no one who knew him has said anything negative about him. Something obviously happened to him. He is alive. They will find out as much as they can. If there are outside groups, they will be dealt with.

Although this was a terrible event, the way it was handled right from the President to local officials has been very professional.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
He sounds a complete tool on his twitter feed, wannabe gangsta kind of guy, but otherwise nothing to mark him out from most people his age. A few tweets about Islam and the Mosque but nothing you'd mark as odd.

His brother does seem the person behind it, what with statements of not having any American friends, his 6 month holiday away. But even so it's a hell of a leap to get his brother on side with him.

Saliph

Christ, that "expert" on Real Time last night was amazingly stupid.

Edit: He did better on Overtime.

StuCol

Chimp
The picture of the captured lad from those who knew him is one of a well adjusted sociable guy who showed no signs of what he was to become. His brother seems to have been the more 'hard line' based on what we are being fed from the media. I suspected that the young lad would be taken alive.

I wonder what the dynamic was here. Were they really both filled with hate, or was it a case of one following his sibling to the bitter end?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Glad I was away on Holiday during all of this. Even the occasional check on the web has been overkill.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I suppose we should be thankful that they managed to capture him at all

:lol:
:lol: The manhunt and media coverage was an absolute circus. I still can't understand why there were thousands of law enforcement agencies armed to the teeth looking for a single person. In the end a householder found the guy hiding in the back yard - which was going always going to be the logical outcome.

Phil

:lol: The manhunt and media coverage was an absolute circus. I still can't understand why there were thousands of law enforcement agencies armed to the teeth looking for a single person. In the end a householder found the guy hiding in the back yard - which was going always going to be the logical outcome.
You can't understand why there was a big focus on a couple of guys who supposedly threw bombs at police and had them strapped to themselves. And were responsible for the actual bombing?

Bunch of drama queens.

Also lol at the FBI man.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It was a plot by America, why would they send so much officers for one man? So they could show that they mean business obviously. We are being fooled, my friends.

SER19

when listening to their mother, does anyone else just want to tell her to shut the f**k up? they are on camera, placing bombs at the sites they erupted, they were armed to the teeth, they killed a policeman and shot at another. who does she think is involved in this "set up". have some dignity and a little respect for the people your son slaughtered.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
when listening to their mother, does anyone else just want to tell her to shut the f**k up? they are on camera, placing bombs at the sites they erupted, they were armed to the teeth, they killed a policeman and shot at another. who does she think is involved in this "set up". have some dignity and a little respect for the people your son slaughtered.
Not really....she's going through some shit herself. I'd prefer if the press left her alone.

SER19

Not really....she's going through some shit herself. I'd prefer if the press left her alone.
i understand its alot to take in but shes ranting total nonsense and being insanely defensive and disrespectful to the victims. she could just not talk,or say less. but she,and her husband,have decided to try perpetuate some nonsense conspiracy theory that will no doubt be picked up on by similarly dumb people.