F1 2019 season

Leg-End

Still would bet on a Ferrari 1-2 by the end of lap one, Mercs on the medium and Ferrari with a long straight, Vettel will blast by.

Rooney1987

I dont really see Lewis not winning the WC , but next season is going to be different.
Even with Mercs recent poor performances with 6 races to go Lewis has 96 point lead over Leclerc/Max in 3rd (not counting Bottas in second). Should be enough.

Mercs should probably focus on 3rd and beating Max they can’t beat Ferrari here.

pauldyson1uk

Even with Mercs recent poor performances with 6 races to go Lewis has 96 point lead over Leclerc/Max in 3rd (not counting Bottas in second). Should be enough.

Mercs should probably focus on 3rd and beating Max they can’t beat Ferrari here.
Dont think is poor performance to be honest, just the Ferriari have nailed the car with the upgrades and Mercedes cant get close.
Merc have upgrades to come I am sure I heard and a new fuel , last 6 races should be good.

Rooney1987

Dont think is poor performance to be honest, just the Ferriari have nailed the car with the upgrades and Mercedes cant get close.
Merc have upgrades to come I am sure I heard and a new fuel , last 6 races should be good.
Gonna have to disagree on that. Yeah Ferrari are nailing it and deserve all the credit for that. Based on there Singapore farce and looking at Bottas speed today, they’ve got the 3rd fastest car. Imo recently they’ve been poor. They’re getting bailed out for Lewis and his world class driving.

pauldyson1uk

Gonna have to disagree on that. Yeah Ferrari are nailing it and deserve all the credit for that. Based on there Singapore farce and looking at Bottas speed today, they’ve got the 3rd fastest car. Imo recently they’ve been poor. They’re getting bailed out for Lewis and his world class driving.
Yeah fair point Singapore was a shocking performance.

Dan_F

Enjoying watching Lewis better Vettel with a worse car. I’m sure it isn’t possible over 2 hours of racing, but it’s pretty clear he’s a level above Vettel.

Chances of rain tomorrow?

Wicked_Badger

Interesting qualifying! LeClerc really has Vettel’s number on one lap pace doesn’t he? Monster lap by Hamilton to split them though, makes tomorrow a little bit more interesting!

I’ve got a hunch that Merc pretty much downed tools on the development of this years car over the summer and are focusing completely on next year (and possibly even on 2021, despite not knowing the full regs yet). Let’s not forget that the reason they had such a huge advantage when this new hybrid era began because they spent longer than anyone else nailing the new regs and engines for 2014. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re utilising some of their vast resources on the future.

Fair fecks to Ferrari though. 1st half of the year was really tough for them. They’ve finally got on top of their car and developed that engine hugely over the last few years to make a monster.

Last edited: