F1 2019 season

Hephaestus

Interested to hear from Mercs after this. The lack of pace from both restarts and the strategy must be one if the worst I’ve seen.
Yeah, the restarts have been shocking for them, guessing a tyre-warming issue. And now we get another chance to demonstrate it with another safety car.

Giggsy92

Interested to hear from Mercs after this. The lack of pace from both restarts and the strategy must be one if the worst I’ve seen.
They were probably screwed either way to be fair, undercut wouldn't have been possible with their tyre warm-up issues and with Hamilton in a Ferrari sandwich they were always going to be vulnerable on strategy. Probably should have pitted Bottas earlier though.

Giggsy92

Race to forget really. Lucky win for Vettel with the strategy and the numerous safety cars but I guess he'll point out that Leclerc screwed him over in Monza. Means we should get a classic awkward cooldown room at least.

RedFish

I love him, he's a great character. Would love him and Max in a team together.
I hope he stays at McLaren but I'm just being sentimental. There's a certain ease about his modus operandi which is borderline obscene. It's as if he's driving karts with his mates. He's my driver of the season.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I enjoyed that race.
Pit strategy's were very interesting. Safety car was on for a bit too long but decent action throughout the field.
Not many people expected three wins a row for Ferrari a few weeks ago

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I hope he stays at McLaren but I'm just being sentimental. There's a certain ease about his modus operandi which is borderline obscene. It's as if he's driving karts with his mates. He's my driver of the season.
Aye, if Mclaren managed to get back to their best then I would agree. He streams regularly with Max on iRacing and they're always a good laugh.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Aye, if Mclaren managed to get back to their best then I would agree. He streams regularly with Max on iRacing and they're always a good laugh.
A while ago I watched back this stream where Lando and Max drove the 24 hours of Spa together with two German blokes who somehow were also named Max, they were funny as hell. Lando seems like a real nice kid, talented as well.

Race today might’ve been quite dull but it was still better for my sanity than watching United. Nice boost for Vettel winning that one.

Leg-End

I think based on that performance Ferrari could win the last 6 races which is some turnaround, Mercedes probably will stop blowing up their own strategies at some point but the engine on that Ferrari gives them a chance everywhere.

I think based on that performance Ferrari could win the last 6 races which is some turnaround, Mercedes probably will stop blowing up their own strategies at some point but the engine on that Ferrari gives them a chance everywhere.
Yup. Look to have the best car right now

Hephaestus

Cue Merc screwing up with the next engine regs.
And Renault somehow becoming dominant.

The Mclaren return to Mercedes has been rumoured for a while, suggestion I'd seen was that Williams will go the other way and become Renault's customer team.

Wicked_Badger

And Renault somehow becoming dominant.

The Mclaren return to Mercedes has been rumoured for a while, suggestion I'd seen was that Williams will go the other way and become Renault's customer team.
Was it not confirmed that Williams were being supplied my Merc until 2024 or something last week?

Totally delighted that McLaren are moving away from Renault. Merc engine is quicker, more reliable & cheaper apparently. It kind of feels like this was always their end game once the split from Honda was decided & Renault were more of a stop-gap.

It’d be classic McLaren if the Merc engines were to suddenly go to shit/be surpassed by everyone else in 2021 though... :lol:

vangagal

Was it not confirmed that Williams were being supplied my Merc until 2024 or something last week?

Totally delighted that McLaren are moving away from Renault. Merc engine is quicker, more reliable & cheaper apparently. It kind of feels like this was always their end game once the split from Honda was decided & Renault were more of a stop-gap.

It’d be classic McLaren if the Merc engines were to suddenly go to shit/be surpassed by everyone else in 2021 though... :lol:
:confused: McLaren best run post Senna was with Merc. Did i missed something here?

Hephaestus

Yep, you're right, signed through 2025. Kinda interesting then if Renault are only going to provide their own team with engines. Racing Point would be the only option for a customer team and they have used Mercedes engines since 2009.

pauldyson1uk

confirmed top 10 runners for the pole shootout:

Charles Leclerc, Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari

Max Verstappen, Red Bull

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes

Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes

Romain Grosjean, Haas

Lando Norris, McLaren

Carlos Sainz, McLaren

Daniel Ricciardo, Renault

Nico Hulkenberg, Renault

Leg-End

Ferrari engine is so op, Mercedes getting a taste of their own medicine really.