F1 2021 Season

The Hilton

It would have made sense if I had claimed Max was the underdog. That would indeed make me a hypocrite. But since I didn't, there was no reason to quote me in that post. Hence the rolling eyes. If others on here are saying Max is the underdog (I don't know, don't read everything), that would be silly and he should have quoted them in it.
Not really, you claimed that it was wrong to claim Lewis was the underdog, and then rolled your eyes at a post that claimed it was wrong to claim Max is the underdog.

Anyway this conversation is circular and boring now, and your boy has the WC sewn up (and has for weeks) so why don't you celebrate that instead.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
well a double bad day.

Mclaren had a stinker and lewis not looking great.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve never seen somebody finish 3rd and be paraded around like a new world champion before :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Lewis need Max to DNF in 1 race, 2 would be better and he wins them.
Yeah.

I don’t want this title decided like that though. First time in a while we have two competitive cars and drivers. I think the title should just go to who can pull it out and win it. You can say Max has been lucky because Bottas just hasn’t been a team mate to Hamilton in the back half of the year. You could say Hamilton has been lucky because of the DNFs earlier in the year for Max and some of the other stuff. But overall it’s been a close race and to see it end on a DNF - whilst I’d be happy as a Hamilton fan, it’d not be a just finish I don’t think.

pauldyson1uk

Yeah.

I don’t want this title decided like that though. First time in a while we have two competitive cars and drivers. I think the title should just go to who can pull it out and win it. You can say Max has been lucky because Bottas just hasn’t been a team mate to Hamilton in the back half of the year. You could say Hamilton has been lucky because of the DNFs earlier in the year for Max and some of the other stuff. But overall it’s been a close race and to see it end on a DNF - whilst I’d be happy as a Hamilton fan, it’d not be a just finish I don’t think.
No I dont want the title decided like that and I dont think Lewis would either.
I agree close season so far and Lewis has had more than his share of luck.
I dont mind Max to be honest, its some of his fans that are annoying , oh and Horner.
He will win his first of a few WC's this season.

Balljy

I don't think it does need Max to DNF. Looking at the races left, there's Brazil which Red Bull are probably favourites at followed by Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi which on paper will suit the Mercs more. If they all finish 1-2 to Max and Hamilton and go towards the car which suits the tracks then Hamilton just nicks the championship.

Of course there's team mates, whether the cars will suit the tracks as expected and a potential engine penalty for Hamilton (which he will definitely take at Brazil if he has to) but I still think it's close as this race was always supposed to be a RB track.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't think it does need Max to DNF. Looking at the races left, there's Brazil which Red Bull are probably favourites at followed by Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi which on paper will suit the Mercs more. If they all finish 1-2 to Max and Hamilton and go towards the car which suits the tracks then Hamilton just nicks the championship.

Of course there's team mates, whether the cars will suit the tracks as expected and a potential engine penalty for Hamilton (which he will definitely take at Brazil if he has to) but I still think it's close as this race was always supposed to be a RB track.
Would Max not win the title by 5-6 points in that scenario? Or am I missing something? He’s 20 clear now, if he wins in Brazil he’ll be at least 27 clear with 3 races left, Max can then win the title with 3 P2 finishes ?

Balljy

Would Max not win the title by 5-6 points in that scenario? Or am I missing something? He’s 20 clear now, if he wins in Brazil he’ll be at least 27 clear with 3 races left, Max can then win the title with 3 P2 finishes ?
Yep, sorry - the standings I was looking at didn't include today :houllier:

Max's advantage definitely then - at the least it needs Bottas to come ahead of Max on the Merc tracks. Also, I do feel that the Red bull are winning easier on their tracks compared to Merc on theirs.