F1 2021 Season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
What I am saying is that in any officiated sport the referees can change the result in case they wish to. So that does not make it different than other sports.
its not the same. it’s the same as the ref deciding a striker can pick the ball up and throw it into the goal if it means there’s more riding on the super sunday relegation 6 pointer next week. it’s shit and whether or not it meant your man won or not you should be concerned by it. it’s not good for anyone who watches it as a sport rather than a soap opera.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
So at the end of the day today..

- Red Bull drove a perfectly fair race, unlike what many feared..
- Lewis drove a perfect race individually
- Lewis was badly unlucky, Max was very lucky
- Red Bull was quick and decicive in their strategy, Mercedes wasnt
- FIA/Stewards made arguable decisions (dont they always?)

In todays race Max definetely was the luckier one, in other races it has been the other way around.. In the end over the whole season for both can be argued they deserve it...They were both miles above all the others for the whole season.

The best part of the whole race for me was the battle between Checo and Lewis, awesome racing from both!

Fluctuation0161

F1 literally has a "Constructors Championship" title for the manufacturers. It's not tripe but it's certainly "manufactured".

I was joking about WWE but F1 is not and has never been a sport. It's a fascinating engineering contest with some wonky rules. It's closer to Robot Wars than it is to the 400meter dash.
Because they construct the cars. In that sense they are a manufacturer maybe. But its clutching at straws. F1 was a serious sport until Masi got involved. :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
To be completely honest I would not want any championship to be decided on the whim of the racing director fixing it and creating a "miracle" in the final laps. For any team/driver.
This.

The people making this about Max vs Lewis are all the same, no matter where they are from. Just doing what they are supposed to, generating clicks and talk about that race and F1.

What it's really about, or should be, is a so-called "sport" that allows someone to change rules on the spot to suit the revenue stream. A "sport" where the team principles/managers are always in the ear of the referee. A "Sport" where not even the actual drivers don't fully know the rules as they not only change so frequently, but they have zero clarity on anything.

A "sport" where when in found to breach rules, the team principle is asked if they think the punishment is fecking fair :lol:

Fluctuation0161

In todays race Max definetely was the luckier one, in other races it has been the other way around.. In the end over the whole season for both can be argued they deserve it...They were both miles above all the others for the whole season.

The best part of the whole race for me was the battle between Checo and Lewis, awesome racing from both!
No, the FIA decided the winner in the final laps by only allowing 5 cars to unlap themselves and handing the race to Max.

Not only a questionable decision but one against their own rules.

Redlambs

Mate, come on. That last decision wasn't just an arguable one. He changed the fecking rules to suit the cameras! :lol:

But I fully agree with the last part. Checo and Lewis was the best bit of the entire race, what a teammate and legend that man is!

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

- Red Bull was quick and decicive, Mercedes wasnt
Everyone keeps peddling this - it’s nonsense. Mercedes couldn’t pit Hamilton under the safety car as there was a high chance the race would end under the safety car. And once Lewis didn’t pit red bull had absolutely no other option by pitting - they lost nothing and gained a new set of softs. It had nothing to do with one team being more quick/decisive at all.

RUCK4444

I’m not English and never really been a fan of Hamilton. That ending made a mockery of the sport.
Same here.

Race director bending the rules to wipe out the progress of the driver in pole position, removing any gap and the drivers in between him and the 2nd place driver ‘to ensure there was racing in the last lap’ effectively makes a mockery of the entire sport.

Those same rules they bent dictated the decisions the team in pole position made, totally undermining the fairness of the race.

It left a really bad taste in the mouth and really spoilt for me what had been a great season, I would have accepted either driver to win this race fairly but the way it went down was a disgrace and will be viewed as such in future I believe.

Jerch

This thread is like reading the RAWK thread when we won the CL in 08. You can actually see where all the salty Ham fans lose their collective shit when they realise that Ham and Merc have fecked it.

fecking glorious :lol: :lol:

And on top of that Toto pleading like a prison bitch on the Radio on that last lap. My god, stick it in my veins!!!
Definitely and it's glorious. It makes me miss those days when we were 20-30 points infront of Liverpool and I was constantly checking RAWK meltdown thread.
Absolute joke of a circus.

Hamilton should have won that. I am still astonished hours on how they dealt with it.

People say that Verstappen won’t care - he will. Massive asterisk against his name in many people’s eyes for the foreseeable future. He had a phenomenal season, but that doesn’t dismiss the comeback Hamilton made to claw himself back into title contention and the drive he pulled off for 58 of the laps today before being the subsequent shitshow.
Winning driver championship against 7 times WC who was in a car that dominated and won all previous 7 driver championships in the era and all 8 constructor championships in the era... Contrary to your beliefs this will go in the history as one of the best winning runs of all time being first or second in every race he finished (except Hungary which he drove with damaged car). Really incredible run.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
This.

The people making this about Max vs Lewis are all the same, no matter where they are from. Just doing what they are supposed to, generating clicks and talk about that race and F1.

What it's really about, or should be, is a so-called "sport" that allows someone to change rules on the spot to suit the revenue stream. A "sport" where the team principles/managers are always in the ear of the referee. A "Sport" where not even the actual drivers don't fully know the rules as they not only change so frequently, but they have zero clarity on anything.

A "sport" where when in found to breach rules, the team principle is asked if they think the punishment is fecking fair :lol:
yep. as i said before, today has mellowed me on max. if he won on the track by demolishing hamilton i’d have been pretty salty about it but it almost feels like he’s lost more than hamilton today. that’s no way to win your first championship. all the talk wasn’t on him and he wasn’t able to celebrate it properly. it feels like the “sport” lost.

cyberman

yep. as i said before, today has mellowed me on max. if he won on the track by demolishing hamilton i’d have been pretty salty about it but it almost feels like he’s lost more than hamilton today. that’s no way to win your first championship. all the talk wasn’t on him and he wasn’t able to celebrate it properly. it feels like the “sport” lost.
What did Max do wrong?

I felt a bit guilty after Hamilton and his Dad were such good sports after the race. But Toto and Hamilton's ever hypocritical fans on here have made up for that in spades.

Great result!

MICHAEL IT ISN'T RIGHT :lol:

Redlambs

The rule is the race director has ultimate control over the safety car.
He does. But does that include the other 20 cars and their race order once the safety car is pulled in? Does that include manipulating other rules to suit entertainment?

There's no precedent, there's also clear verbal communication both before and after the race from Horner suggesting what happened happens. Don't get me wrong, I don't think or even want the result to be overturned, but if this does go above the stewards then there's many more questions to ask.

What did Max do wrong?
(pssst...he didn't say Max did anything wrong...)

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
People new to F1 and Motorsport in general may not understands this but removing lapped cars from the front of the pack is common.

The difference is it doesn’t necessarily affect a title like this.

Nothing will happen and Mercedes will embarrass themselves looking like sore losers

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Definitely and it's glorious. It makes me miss those days when we were 20-30 points infront of Liverpool and I was constantly checking RAWK meltdown thread.

Winning driver championship against 7 times WC who was un a car that dominated and won all previous 7 driver championships in the era and all 8 constructor championships in the era... Contrary to your beliefs this will go in the history as one of the best winning runs of all time being first or second in every race he finished (except Hungary which he drove with damaged car). Really incredible run.
newey said the red bull was the better car over the course of the season…

hobbers

Toto's behaviour has been pretty grim.

I really like the guy, he's basically the SAF of the F1 paddock, but he's clearly had it too easy for too long.

Easy to appear like the camera-happy nice guy when you win 14 out of 14 championships.

Abizzz

People new to F1 and Motorsport in general may not understands this but removing lapped cars from the front of the pack is common.

The difference is it doesn’t necessarily affect a title like this.

Nothing will happen and Mercedes will embarrass themselves looking like sore losers
So common it's never been done in this fashion in 70 years F1.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
He does. But does that include the other 20 cars and their race order once the safety car is pulled in? Does that include manipulating other rules to suit entertainment?

There's no precedent, there's also clear verbal communication both before and after the race from Horner suggesting what happened happens. Don't get me wrong, I don't think or even want the result to be overturned, but if this does go above the stewards then there's many more questions to ask.

(pssst...he didn't say Max did anything wrong...)
Mate you watch as much racing as I. Cars being able to unlap themselves is normal.

Ollie Derbyshire

How long before it gets known as the Masi Championship, he really has pulled a huge clanger, made himself look like a right muppet.

Abizzz

I’m gonna say Nurburgring 2008. Pretty certain Lewis unlapped himself there.
They let a select few unlap between first and second but no one between second and third, or forth and fith? I must have missed it.

Fully Fledged

Mate you watch as much racing as I. Cars being able to unlap themselves is normal.
But there is a set procedure all the cars must unlap themselves and join the back of the pack before the safety car goes in and then the safety car goes in at the end of the next lap not the lap where they unlap themselves.