F1 2021 Season

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Horner comes across as a parent of a child who can be a bit of a dick who defends them non-stop.
You know the parent who won't take any criticism of his child at all, and defends till the bitter end.
For someone who is team manager to say what he has about Hamilton is disgraceful.
Never say anything when your angry. Never air your anger in public. He should have come out and say it was not a great day, he is glad that Max is good. And added it was hard racing and no one wants to see a crash and it would have been a better race if Max had still been in the race. This is my problem with Red Bull, he lacks class. For him and Helmet to come out like is poor. Really poor.
Horner won't help Max with this attitude. Horner reminds me of most of ex girlfriends, no accountability. Sit down with Max and tell he is in the lead In the fastest car, no need to shove his balls out at every fecking corner.
Strikes me as them being scared this will lead to a momentum shift.

vangagal

I know many bring this up but can you imagine if social media was about when Schumacher/Senna drove. If you can't handle what happened today don't rewatch the 80s and 90s F1.
Their head would explode and internet would be broken watching Senna/Prost race in Suzuka that day

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
max’s biggest error was giving lewis the inside line, should have made him go around the outside.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
max’s biggest error was giving lewis the inside line, should have made him go around the outside.
Its harder to make the apex on the inside to be honest. The outside line is the best line into the corner especially with the racing line.

Cassidy

Wouldnt be suprised if Hamilton wins the champioship. RB seem rattled

Dan_F

If he's had a great drive he's had a great drive, and there have been some. But he's in the fastest car, he's lucky his mistake (let's assume) takes out his rival and not him, he gets the lightest possible penalty that is easily compensated for by the speed of his car, he's lucky he can get his car repaired, Sainz gets a bad pitstop, Bottas gets teamorders and he catches Leclerc in a far slower car. That's in no way a brilliant drive, it's a very, very lucky win and an injustice to his rival that he caused. It takes a typically entitled Englishman to not show any modesty and it takes even more entitled Englishmen not to feel embarassed about it.
Max is one of the most aggressive drivers and has been at fault for numerous incidents in his career. He chose to be aggressive defending with a 35 point lead in the championship and came off second best.

Reverse the roles and there’s zero chance Max reacts any different to Hamilton, and there’s zero chance those dressed in orange aren’t celebrating massively.

Asger

Their head would explode and internet would be broken watching Senna/Prost race in Suzuka that day
They were teammates as well. Now teammates are nit allowed to race. Good times it was back then.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I know many bring this up but can you imagine if social media was about when Schumacher/Senna drove. If you can't handle what happened today don't rewatch the 80s and 90s F1.
Truer words have never been spoken.

I can imagine Senna especially winding folks up :lol:

BIGbadBOO4

Agree, but Red Bull kicking off like Two narcissistic parents won't help Max learn from his small mistakes. Even throughout Merc dominance even I want hard fair driving. My opinion with Max it seems just hard racing.

PlayerOne

Wouldnt be suprised if Hamilton wins the champioship. RB seem rattled
Could work well and drive them on more, or like you said could be cracking under the pressure.

Lewis does seem to have fair bit of luck on his side so though, always need that to win things.

Cassidy

Could work well and drive them on more, or like you said could be cracking under the pressure.

Lewis does seem to have fair bit of luck on his side so though, always need that to win things.
Its not luck with Lewis. You cant be that lucky

Canagel

Max's car is that much faster, he could have given Lewis the ground and reeled him back in later in the race.

Likely that Lewis psyched him out by driving all over him on the first lap. If the roles are reversed, I suggest that's what Lewis would have done.
He wouldn't have done so because his ego is too big to accept getting passed. Any normal driver that has a faster car will not risk getting burned on lap 1 with such aggressive and reckless driving

BIGbadBOO4

I would still be putting mmy mortgage on Verstappan winning. The Red Bull is clearly the superior car, have People forgotten the previous 2 races? They are at least 0.5 seconds faster.
Red Bull and Verstappan Will win this year.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Fantastic drive from Lewis.
Re the incident - neither Max (hope he's ok), nor Lewis were going to give way. Both pushing for it, both born racers. Something bound to happen.

As for Horner - he reminds me every time he opens his mouth why dislike him so much. Toto had the right answer when they asked if he would call him - per Toto, no he's going to have hamburgers with his team :lol:

Overall exciting race.

Cassidy

He wouldn't have done so because his ego is too big to accept getting passed. Any normal driver that has a faster car will not risk getting burned on lap 1 with such aggressive and reckless driving
It was great driving to be honest and what most fans want to see. Hardly reckless but either driver at that. Otherwise why watch F1. Only issue seemed to be Hamilton catching some understeer which was unfortunate.

PlayerOne

Its not luck with Lewis. You cant be that lucky
Not all luck no, car is well built and he's an amazing driver. But he does have luck on his side, comes out clean out of that incident and no retirement is years requires luck

MTF

He actually moved to the middle and gave Hamilton the outside line. It was Hamilton that then opted to go further inside, but that them leaves him really tight to take the corner. If it's a corner with braking then it's advantage Hamilton from there, except its not and you need to start wide to take it properly.

From Hamilton's perspective to make that move stick like that you need to get really ahead before the turn-in point so that you can actually start to move towards the middle of the track and not try and take it from such a shallow angle. That's my overall issue with it and why I put the blame mainly on Hamilton, because what he went for just isn't a doable move. You can't compare to the moves on Leclerc and Norris because in those instances the cars in front stayed outside and Hamilton was able to be inside but towards the middle of the track, giving him a more viable angle to take the corner from.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Your living in a alternative reality mate if you think the Mercedes is the fastest car on the grid.
Verstappen is destroying his teammate again while Hamilton is struggling to get more than 1 tenth on replacement driver Bottas. The cars have been closely matched from the beginning of the seasan and the RBR had progressed a bit more, but unless you believe Bottas is a great driver, there's no reason to believe the RBR is the better car. It's obvious that Verstappen did a much better job outside his speed, not making stupid mistakes like Hamilton, not having the incredible luck of Hamilton, but being very unlucky twice instead.
Get off this forum if Englishman gets on your nerve that much and join a max fanclub forum where everyone will agree with you that Max is the greatest driver of all time and everyone else is just wrong.
I've never been much of a Verstappen fan because I can't stand the stupidity of hypes and fanboyism and proper sport journalism being sacrificed. That's in the Netherlands too but not as stupid, and Hamilton is hyped there too. All the times I've heard that Hamilton is brilliant for only just beating Bottas and so many times I've heard that Hamilton made a very rare mistake, I started to believe they must be extremely rare. But I have to admit that Verstappen has matured as a driver and the way he keeps embarassing his teammates lately is very impressive. Hamilton has only become more childish and less impressive over his teammate, while starting to make a lot of mistakes when he's finally under pressure.

To become the greatest Verstappen has an awful lot of work to do. Hamilton is not even near greatness because you have to take a team and a car up a level. We racing fans all know his stats are down to the best team with the best car in F1 history and weak teammates.
Give it up ! you post English fans have no shame,them you post this, double standards, can't have it both ways.
You can't moan about fans doing something, then say, your going to do the same.
Allthough many Dutch overidolize Verstappen, but they will know a lucky win from a brilliant drive and treat it as such, and Verstappen won't blow his own trumpet over lucky wins either. That sense of entitlement, the idea that being English makes you deserve luck and leniant stewards is typically English.

Lewis was ALWAYS going to be given a hard time at Zandvoort.
He's been getting on people's nerves with his self glorification after easy and/or lucky wins, his hypocrisy and BLM moaning doesn't go down that well either, but as a driver he had massive respect.

PlayerOne

Come on every driver has some luck, but to say Lewis's aways needs luck to win, that's just :houllier:
No, you misunderstood what I meant, maybe poorly worded, but I said you need luck on your side to things, in almost every sport, which he does have.

Lewis for me is GOAT, even though I'm not a fan of his.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This thread is fascinating. I never watch F1, but following the season through this thread is quite exciting.

Pscholes18

This......he needs to learn to be patient and more importantly when to be patient.

Asger

Not all luck no, car is well built and he's an amazing driver. But he does have luck on his side, comes out clean out of that incident and no retirement is years requires luck
And teammate that is not allowed to race. F1 really needs to fix that or just have one driver in each team. No team should be allowed to have team orders.

Adam-Utd

Its harder to make the apex on the inside to be honest. The outside line is the best line into the corner especially with the racing line.
not when defending it isn’t. you aren’t thinking about the apex in a situation like that, you have to make it as difficult for your opponent as you can, forcing lewis wide would have meant he either had to back off or risk running off the track to make the overtake.

allowing him to take the dominant inside position meant he then had to end up running wider, instead he chose to stay tight and got caught.

PlayerOne

This thread is fascinating. I never watch F1, but following the season through this thread is quite exciting.
I think it's mainly down to the fact F1 has not been competitive in a long time and this season is close. Also, Hamilton is a divisive figure for some.

Cassidy

not when defending it isn’t. you aren’t thinking about the apex in a situation like that, you have to make it as difficult for your opponent as you can, forcing lewis wide would have meant he either had to back off or risk running off the track to make the overtake.

allowing him to take the dominant inside position meant he then had to end up running wider, instead he chose to stay tight and got caught.
Its a corner with no breaking is the point I think you’re missing

vangagal

Verstappen is destroying his teammate again while Hamilton is struggling to get more than 1 tenth on replacement driver Bottas. The cars have been closely matched from the beginning of the seasan and the RBR had progressed a bit more, but unless you believe Bottas is a great driver, there's no reason to believe the RBR is the better car. It's obvious that Verstappen did a much better job outside his speed, not making stupid mistakes like Hamilton, not having the incredible luck of Hamilton, but being very unlucky twice instead.
I've never been much of a Verstappen fan because I can't stand the stupidity of hypes and fanboyism and proper sport journalism being sacrificed. That's in the Netherlands too but not as stupid, and Hamilton is hyped there too. All the times I've heard that Hamilton is brilliant for only just beating Bottas and so many times I've heard that Hamilton made a very rare mistake, I started to believe they must be extremely rare. But I have to admit that Verstappen has matured as a driver and the way he keeps embarassing his teammates lately is very impressive. Hamilton has only become more childish and less impressive over his teammate, while starting to make a lot of mistakes when he's finally under pressure.

To become the greatest Verstappen has an awful lot of work to do. Hamilton is not even near greatness because you have to take a team and a car up a level. We racing fans all know his stats are down to the best team with the best car in F1 history and weak teammates.
Allthough many Dutch overidolize Verstappen, but they will know a lucky win from a brilliant drive and treat it as such, and Verstappen won't blow his own trumpet over lucky wins either. That sense of entitlement, the idea that being English makes you deserve luck and leniant stewards is typically English.

He's been getting on people's nerves with his self glorification after easy and/or lucky wins, his hypocrisy and BLM moaning doesn't go down that well either, but as a driver he had massive respect.
Jaysus what a post this one. And the bolded part? Wtf? You are the hypocrite one mate.

rednotled

And, other than on lap 1, no racer did. Hamilton was ahead of Leclerc at the end of the straight. And he was way ahead of Norris. Didn't come from behind to pass either during the corner.
Don't think you have that right fella...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I follow F1 through Drive to Survive, this episode will be tasty.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I think they're both twats.
Some of my mates are huge Verstappen fans. I love winding them up.

Verstappen comes across as a bit of an arrogant little dude, though I guess that might come with the territory.I have no clue about Lewis Hamilton beyond the fact that he's an extremely successful F1 driver. The insane tribalism on show here is just fun to read. It rivals the Messi Ronaldo conundrum.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If positions were reversed would Max have backed out or do exactly what Hamilton would have done? Even the most ardent Verstappan fan boys know Max would have done exactly the same. Max is a do or die driver, other drivers Hamilton and Vettel had mentioned on multiple occasions in the past you have to race differently against him. Max was all over the place on that first lap.and he pushes everything past the limit for me. He weaves all over when Hamilton is behind trying to break the toe. Last few weeks others drivers started doing it and were warned. Hamilton took norris and leclerc on the same corner, so it shows you can do it. Obviously, if 2 drivers will not yield then this is going to happen.
If positions were reversed and Hamilton was in the faster car and comfortably ahead in the championship there’s no chance he does what verstappen did - he’d yield. Max will learn from that as he has from his earlier days when he was ridiculously aggressive. I say that as someone who has no skin in the game here - I think they’re both fantastic drivers and find some of the insults in here ridiculously childish.

Cassidy

Right ok… if his BLM stance is getting on peoples nerves. Those people obviously have some issues

Fluctuation0161

I would still be putting mmy mortgage on Verstappan winning. The Red Bull is clearly the superior car, have People forgotten the previous 2 races? They are at least 0.5 seconds faster.
Red Bull and Verstappan Will win this year.
Absolutely. The Red Bull is too fast for Mercedes to catch this season. The rule change this season favoured Red Bull by design. Funny how the Max/Red Bull fans don't talk about "luck" regarding the rule changes.