F1 2021 Season

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Let’s see what CAS decides. As far as I understand the rules it’s legal.
And you keep ignoring my question and point to you.

But yeah, you hide behind it being "legal" to change the rules at any time. Surely if you were actually a racing fan, you'd see that as farcical too? But of course not, your boy won.

I don't give a shit who won, I'm in awe of the talent of all the drivers. What I do give a shit about this is falling out of love with F1 years ago and now coming back to see it's got even more farcical. The "sport" has no integrity, no class. There's not even much real racing going on. Now we have grade-A weapons like Horner and Toto actually talking to the race director during the race, being offered deals on punishments and clearly influencing what happens. You have ridiculously complex rules that no one understands properly. And now you have blatant rule changing to suit the tv crowd and sponsors right at the end.

But yeah, apparently race fans loved that last lap. Even though it wasn't even a fair race. Go figure.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Is it confirmed it goes to a CAS? I reckon Lewis might actually not want that. Otherwise nice deflection from merc for the absolute shitshow of tactics tonight.
I think we have all just assumed that tbh I doubt Mercedes will make any decision on that today. I don't care about Max getting the title I just want Masi gone tbh.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Absolute joke of a circus.

Hamilton should have won that. I am still astonished hours on how they dealt with it.

People say that Verstappen won’t care - he will. Massive asterisk against his name in many people’s eyes for the foreseeable future. He had a phenomenal season, but that doesn’t dismiss the comeback Hamilton made to claw himself back into title contention and the drive he pulled off for 58 of the laps today before being the subsequent shitshow.
We'll add that same asterick next to Lewis 2020 title... oh and pretty much every title and win since 2014? You know since they clearly had an engine that was so far ahead of the pack it wasn't funny that even Williams looked half decent.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
"A team is leading a final 2-0 and a injury takes place. The referee restarts the game with 1 minute to go, changes the score to 2-2 and says it restarts with the team that was losing having a penalty..."
The best you could come up with? Nonsense comparison to say the least.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Absolute joke of a circus.

Hamilton should have won that. I am still astonished hours on how they dealt with it.

People say that Verstappen won’t care - he will. Massive asterisk against his name in many people’s eyes for the foreseeable future. He had a phenomenal season, but that doesn’t dismiss the comeback Hamilton made to claw himself back into title contention and the drive he pulled off for 58 of the laps today before being the subsequent shitshow.
The WC isn’t about one race and there have been plenty of decisions that have gone both ways over the course of the season. So in that sense I don’t think Max will feel its tainted like you think

hobbers

Is it confirmed it goes to CAS? I reckon Lewis might actually not want that. Otherwise nice deflection from merc for the absolute shitshow of tactics tonight.
CAS won't overturn the title winner anyway. They dont have the power to rule out a lap in an F1 race.

CAS will be more about Mercedes vs Masi, if it happens.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Not sure mate.
The damage is already done.
not true.
As they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.
The teams/ drivers did nothing wrong.
Mercedes/ Hamilton fans will cry for a while.

Truth is the stewarding of F1 has been a joke for a long time, its not a new thing.
I have been watching F1 since the days of James Hunt and this is the best season i can remember.

If things like this damage the Sport football is well and truly fecked with all the corruption and the like that goes on.

I cant wait for next season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Let’s see what CAS decides. As far as I understand the rules it’s legal.
The judgement even quotes the rules they ignored.

They don't just say "we haven't upheld it", they actually state the rules which they should have followed then say they didn't because a Race Director has some overarching powers that mean he can ignore SC rules

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is it confirmed it goes to CAS? I reckon Lewis might actually not want that. Otherwise nice deflection from merc for the absolute shitshow of tactics tonight.
They were right not to pit under VSC - Max wasn’t catching. And they couldn’t pit under the safety car as had the rules actually been applied there was a genuine risk it would have ended under the safety car. So what did they get wrong?

The Firestarter

They were right not to pit under VSC - Max wasn’t catching. And they couldn’t pit under the safety car as had the rules actually been applied there was a genuine risk it would have ended under the safety car. So what did they get wrong?
Listen to Lewis radio , he begs to disagree.

0le

And you keep ignoring my question and point to you.

But yeah, you hide behind it being "legal" to change the rules at any time. Surely if you were actually a racing fan, you'd see that as farcical too? But of course not, your boy won.

I don't give a shit who won, I'm in awe of the talent of all the drivers. What I do give a shit about this is falling out of love with F1 years ago and now coming back to see it's got even more farcical. The "sport" has no integrity, no class. There's not even much real racing going on. Now we have grade-A weapons like Horner and Toto actually talking to the race director during the race, being offered deals on punishments and clearly influencing what happens. You have ridiculously complex rules that no one understands properly. And now you have blatant rule changing to suit the tv crowd and sponsors right at the end.

But yeah, apparently race fans loved that last lap. Even though it wasn't even a fair race. Go figure.
Don't waste your breathe, that user is clearly a WUM.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Shitshow is a bit much. Even the Red Bull dude over the radio thought it was over until the race director decided "next goal is the winner".

The tactics worked fine until Red Bull dude got the "miracle" he said they needed.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Because it was obvious that it wouldn’t be cleaned up in time to get all lapped cars through and then another lap before the SC comes in, as per the rules.
No it wasn't. Latifi's car was up in the air and being taken off the track a good 20sec before the SC passed on its first lap (55/58), halfway through lap 56 the call came to not let the lapped cars overtake which was the first of all the weird decisions they made. If they had instead made the call to send the lapped cars through at that time then the SC would still have come in after lap 57 and we would've had the exact same ending, and it would've all been by the book.

Toad

Spa gifted points to everyone and robbed points from everyone. Max would have won the title finishing second today had Spa gone ahead and he won there from pole.

Also, Baku, Silverstone, Hungary.
Just putting into context that it’s a reoccurrence through the season. Max was gifted +3.5 points more than lewis. They knew the race wouldn’t go ahead and wanted to gift him them.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don’t think Mercedes got any tactics wrong at all, they were on course for one of their most comfortable wins of the season. What happened was just bad luck and some bizarre decision making by Masi

hobbers

Article 15.3
The Race Director shall have overriding authority in the following matters and the clerk of the course may give orders in respect of them only with his express agreement:
a) The control of practice and the race, adherence to the timetable and, if he deems it necessary, the making of any proposal to the stewards to modify the timetable in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
b) The stopping of any car in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
c) The stopping of practice or suspension of the race in accordance with the Sporting Regulations if he deems it unsafe to continue and ensuring that the correct restart procedure is carried out.
d) The starting procedure.
e) The use of the safety car.

This rule will probably mean any Merc appeals are batted away both internally and at CAS.

spiriticon

Surely there's no more Lewis can do in F1 now?

He's better going off to Formula E and making that sport bigger with cleaner cars.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Shitshow is a bit much. Even the Red Bull dude over the radio thought it was over until the race director decided "next goal is the winner".

The tactics worked fine until Red Bull dude got the "miracle" he said they needed.
Yep, the Lewis fans must have gone "oh no" when the shot of the crashed car came up - it was plain sailing without a crash.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why are people criticising Merc’s tactics? I thought at the time that they should’ve brought Lewis in under the VSC, but they were proven right in their decision not to, they were 10s clear before the safety car and on their way to winning the race.

Even if they’d pitted under the VSC, max would’ve had fresh soft tyres attacking worn hard tyres. Lewis was a sitting duck as soon as the decision was made by Masi.

hobbers

Just putting into context that it’s a reoccurrence through the season. Max was gifted +3.5 points more than lewis. They knew the race wouldn’t go ahead and wanted to gift him them.
Max was robbed of 50 points at Baku and Silverstone... Lewis was gifted points at Imola and Silverstone.

This is endless.

The Firestarter

Article 15.3
The Race Director shall have overriding authority in the following matters and the clerk of the course may give orders in respect of them only with his express agreement:
a) The control of practice and the race, adherence to the timetable and, if he deems it necessary, the making of any proposal to the stewards to modify the timetable in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
b) The stopping of any car in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
c) The stopping of practice or suspension of the race in accordance with the Sporting Regulations if he deems it unsafe to continue and ensuring that the correct restart procedure is carried out.
d) The starting procedure.
e) The use of the safety car.

This rule will probably mean any Merc appeals are batted away both internally and at CAS.
Its seems Merc didn't actually read all rules then.

James Peril

Insane end to the season, a pity it had to end like that. I support Verstappen more than Hamilton, but it feels a bit shit that he loses it because of another driver crashing out of nothing. That’s the beauty of the sport though, it’s a factor that makes every race kind of interesting - and to be fair, the only way it can be interesting to the masses around the world. Obviously Hamilton deserved to win today and also the Championship as a consequence, but Verstappen finished first and thus deserved it too. This was just today, remember when Verstappen punctured from a win and finished with zero points, that's also equally unlucky. Shit, Latifi will never drive for Mercedes that much is sure - you couldn't really make this up in advance, exceptional drama.

As for all the crying Hamilton-fans above me in this thread, jesus christ get a grip, stop pretending you know the rules better than the stewards. It probably would have been the other way around if Mercedes won and Red Bull-fans were at it, but again stop pretending people like Horner is bending the rules better than Toto Wolff. The latter is basically the Darth Vader in this sport, he has the political power of Putin when it comes to interfering the judges. Next year I hope the principals are not allowed to talk to the race director during the race, it's pathetic and screams of special treatment. I am glad the silly protests didn't lead them anywhere.

Two thoughts came to my head during the race; I was "sure" Perez was going to somehow strike Hamilton when he defended his brief lead, that would have cleared Verstappen and so on. Also, what is Bottas suddenly crashes out or makes a huge mistake on the last lap causing another, immediate Safety car? Maybe he would have taken one for the team if he was still driving there next season...

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
These people enjoy the WWE style drama. Would've been funny seeing their reactions if it benefited Hamilton today.
Whilst you and others would have a completely different viewpoint if the roles were reversed lets be completely honest.