F1 2024 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
30 years ago on this day was qualifying at Imola, on the worst weekend for F1, Rubans was lucky to survive his Friday practice crash, we all know what happened on the Sunday :(
Saturday qualifying saw the death of Roland Ratzenburger, what is still the highest g force recorded at 500.
It was a dreadful race weekend and I stop watching F1 for years after.
RIP Roland.
Watched one of documentaries again few weeks ago. Terrible terrible weekend for racing, and entire atmosphere that weekend was terrible. Senna just knew something was wrong.

dinostar77

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c84z8qklqvzo

BBC believe Newey's lawyers are negotiating an early release from RB so he will be free to work for another team, strongly suspected to be Ferrari, from next year. Should be announced in the coming days.
Definitely nothing tomorrow as it's the anniversary of Senna's death.

2026 will be interesting, smaller cars, more lighter, less drag and downforce but horsepower will be increased to 1000 (from current 900). They will slip more, so more driver skill involved. Also the movable aero will play a big part. If Ferrari do get Newey,wouldn't be surprised if he nails the movable aero out of the box in 2026.

dinostar77

I do wonder how many WDC he would have won, had he not died. He was 34, so at a push back then he'd be driving for 2-4 more years. So it could have been 1-4 more WDC's. Seeing as Michael won in 94,95 and hill and Villeneuve in 96,97 in the Williams.

We will never know. What a driver though. Magical.

BristolRuss

Turns out the person who got Newey out of his contract was Eddie Jordan, which I didn't see coming. Also that the woman involved in the scandal was working as Newey's PA as well as Horners, which probably explains why he is so angry.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Turns out the person who got Newey out of his contract was Eddie Jordan, which I didn't see coming. Also that the woman involved in the scandal was working as Newey's PA as well as Horners, which probably explains why he is so angry.
That power war has now left red bull worse off as a consequence losing their most prized asset in Newey.

I hope Netflix cover this but I doubt any of the controversy will get much coverage since they like fake drama not real drama.

NotworkSte

I do wonder how many WDC he would have won, had he not died. He was 34, so at a push back then he'd be driving for 2-4 more years. So it could have been 1-4 more WDC's. Seeing as Michael won in 94,95 and hill and Villeneuve in 96,97 in the Williams.

We will never know. What a driver though. Magical.
It has always lived with me the conversation Sid had with Senna after Ratzenberger. Let’s goin fishing.
Senna said he can’t give it up.

I’ve never forgotten that.

dinostar77

Newey announcing he s going on his sailing around the world or revert back to working on boats alone would be peak trolling after all this.
It might be the case...however Sky F1 confirm approach from ferrari. BBC make ferrari "red hot favourites" and guardian newspaper make ferrari most likely next destination.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...exit-of-chief-technical-officer-in-early-2025

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cv2rd53gnr6o

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ed-car-designer-adrian-newey-to-leave-f1-team

hobbers

The ultimate troll will be going to Ferrari and then just getting leaving them high and dry with a mediocre car.

F-Red

Says it all when midweek F1 has been more entertaining than weekend F1 this season. Fred has been putting in a shift this season to build a dream team.

It’ll be interesting to hear Verstappen’s tone in the press conferences tomorrow regarding Newey’s departure. If he’s full of praise for the team then it might indicate his plans, however I’ve got a funny feeling that Horner combined with Ford in 2026 might be a combination that no one, bar Perez, wants to touch.

dinostar77

Says it all when midweek F1 has been more entertaining than weekend F1 this season. Fred has been putting in a shift this season to build a dream team.

It’ll be interesting to hear Verstappen’s tone in the press conferences tomorrow regarding Newey’s departure. If he’s full of praise for the team then it might indicate his plans, however I’ve got a funny feeling that Horner combined with Ford in 2026 might be a combination that no one, bar Perez, wants to touch.
Personally I think max would be mental to leave RedBull, especially as he's pretty much guaranteed the title next season. Whichever team your in at in 2025 should be your team for 2026/2027 as you want the car to be built around you and have your input.

I don't think he will take the ,£128mil a season (including bonuses) that Mercedes have allegedly offered him. I think he will trust wache and balbo can deliver a competitive car without Newey

Mark Hughes from autosport wrote a article about what Newey actually does at RedBull

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/...who-really-created-dominant-red-bull-f1-cars/

hobbers

Given the very real possibility that Max will leave RB in 2026 I think it's pretty good idea for Sainz to position himself to take Perez's seat in 2025.

Horner will want to upgrade Perez now. Wouldnt want to get to 2026 and Max leave him with just Perez and all the good drivers (Norris, Leclerc, Sainz) elsewhere on big contracts.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i reckon newey was working late at the factory one night and horner came in all pissed up and handsy.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

pauldyson1uk

Forgot it’s a sprint race weekend

MIAMI GP
MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AUTODROME
  • Free practice 03 May 2024 17:30 - 18:30
  • Sprint shootout 03 May 2024 21:30 - 22:15
  • Sprintrace 04 May 2024 17:00 - 18:00
  • Qualification 04 May 2024 21:00 - 22:00
  • Race 05 May 2024 21:00 - 22:59

keithsingleton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c84z8qklqvzo

BBC believe Newey's lawyers are negotiating an early release from RB so he will be free to work for another team, strongly suspected to be Ferrari, from next year. Should be announced in the coming days.
I feel like I’ve died and gone to heaven with this news. :D Hope the rumours are true. It’s a match made in heaven and it would be great for the sport. Red Bull getting exactly what they deserve. With all the shenanigans going on with Horner this proves there’s substance in the allegations. Plenty of smoke left in this and it’s not coming from their engine.:lol:

sepulturite

Apparently Newey is in talks with Williams. Now that would be crazy if it happened!

Balljy

Apparently Newey is in talks with Williams. Now that would be crazy if it happened!
That would be great. At his age and with the money he's made I guess there's a possibility he wants to do one last thing in F1 for enjoyment. They are looking to expand their road car business, so could have some enticement there too.

hobbers

He's going to take a while deciding where to go, as he should. He doesn't want to relocate to Italy, so if he goes to Ferrari it'll be a more hands off, consultant role. Aston is the money and Williams is the sentiment.

Then maybe in the end he just decides to feck them all off and go sailing.

Amir

He's going to take a while deciding where to go, as he should. He doesn't want to relocate to Italy, so if he goes to Ferrari it'll be a more hands off, consultant role. Aston is the money and Williams is the sentiment.

I doubt he'll retire. Just months ago he gave an interview and mentioned that his father retired at 65 and then lost his way, and that he's not ready to be lying on a beach somewhere. He's 65 now as well.

A bit Fergiesque, I suppose, as Sir Alex always rememberd how his father retired and shortly after was disagnosed with cancer and didn't last much longer.

I will always be grateful I was at Donington in 1993 and got to meet him (briefly).

I don't think the 94 Williams would have beaten Schumacher but Villeneuve and Hill's titles would both have gone to him.

hobbers

I doubt he'll retire. Just months ago he gave an interview and mentioned that his father retired at 65 and then lost his way, and that he's not ready to be lying on a beach somewhere. He's 65 now as well.

A bit Fergiesque, I suppose, as Sir Alex always rememberd how his father retired and shortly after was disagnosed with cancer and didn't last much longer.
His dad probably wasnt a millionaire waiting on delivery of a customised 30m yacht though.

F-Red

Makes no sense as to why he'd negotiate the exit of his contract including not having to serve any gardening leave. He doesn't get on with Stroll senior and the Williams rumour is just some clickbait from Racing365. Ferrari is realistically the only place he's going.

hobbers

Agent Leglerg activates secret Ferrari protocol to make everyone do the sprint with no data