F1 2024 Season

hobbers

Look forward to how he explains Leclerc outqualifying him 90% of the time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ferrari have generally had shit race starts, I wouldn't be surprised if Piastri is in front at Sainte Devote.

dinostar77

Verstappen labelled it a “fundamental problem” that “can’t be fixed in weeks”. But can it be fixed during this season?

“Well first of all we need to understand what it is and we don’t,” Verstappen said when asked that question by The Race.

“We’ll work hard to try to find the problem and try to get rid of it but I don’t know if we can do that this year or we’ll have to wait for next year.

“If we knew we would have of course fixed it. Clearly we don’t.”

dinostar77

Hamilton with some weird comments post quali, surprised to hear him say he won’t out qualify George this year.

LeClerc will wipe the floor with him with that attitude.
Hamilton added: "I was driving the same through the whole through yesterday and today. And the car, yes, it was performing pretty well. The small difference between two cars, George has the upgraded front wing and so that created performance difference, particularly in the high speed. But otherwise, for some reason, once we got to qualifying, just add no more. I don't anticipate being ahead of George in Qualifying this year."

https://x.com/FDataAnalysis/status/1794462189979615541?t=hE0wg5Q1UZUAhlR4NKjlaw&s=19

Abizzz

So Hass get disqualified from qualifying but are still qualified for the race (albeit at the end of the grid)!?

F-Red

Great F2 race and the huge gamble from O'Sullivan and ART paid off for the victory.

dinostar77

So Hass get disqualified from qualifying but are still qualified for the race (albeit at the end of the grid)!?
It's a harsh decision as FIA said there was no technical advantage to the rear wing being beyond the 85mm for the edges.

Haas cock up by not getting the engineers to set the new rear wing slot gaps correctly.

That's their weekend screwed.

pauldyson1uk

It's a harsh decision as FIA said there was no technical advantage to the rear wing being beyond the 85mm for the edges.

Haas cock up by not getting the engineers to set the new rear wing slot gaps correctly.

That's their weekend screwed.
I dont think its harsh, lesson learnt in my book, have a upgrade, make sure its within regulations.
Does not make any difference, they would not have gained from it, it was illegal.

klsv

Great F2 race and the huge gamble from O'Sullivan and ART paid off for the victory.
Early days still, but I quite enjoy Aron being 1st and Antonelli being 8th after Merc released the former to be fully behind the latter.

F-Red

Early days still, but I quite enjoy Aron being 1st and Antonelli being 8th after Merc released the former to be fully behind the latter.
Their records speak for themselves. Mercedes with Vesti and Antonelli thought that Aron didn't bring anything to the table that Vesti doesn't already & decided it was best for Aron that he got a junior programme that could give him a route to a drive. I fully expect Hadjar and Campos to be the main contender this season as they seem to have got their head around the new car quicker than others. Barcelona will probably give a true reflection of the running order for this season.

dinostar77

Their records speak for themselves. Mercedes with Vesti and Antonelli thought that Aron didn't bring anything to the table that Vesti doesn't already & decided it was best for Aron that he got a junior programme that could give him a route to a drive. I fully expect Hadjar and Campos to be the main contender this season as they seem to have got their head around the new car quicker than others. Barcelona will probably give a true reflection of the running order for this season.
Don't watch F2, is antonelli really that good? Almost certain he will be in the F1 Mercedes next season.

Totto's idea of parking him at Williams seems dead in the water seeing as Bottas, Sainz etc are all linked to the other seat.

F-Red

Don't watch F2, is antonelli really that good? Almost certain he will be in the F1 Mercedes next season.

Totto's idea of parking him at Williams seems dead in the water seeing as Bottas, Sainz etc are all linked to the other seat.
Prema is struggling with the new car and getting the most out of it. He's keeping Bearman very honest as a team mate and his lap times are a match. Naturally tyre management is a key area of development for him at the moment. Part of me thinks Mercedes have written off 2025 already and having a season of Antonelli in the car won't make any difference to their results but will give them and him a good understanding for 2026.

Agreed on Williams, rumours circling in the F1 press is that they may have a good platform for 2026 which is why Sainz is even considering them. With Antonelli I think now we're getting to the traditional race circuits, and out of the street circuits then they can start to assess him better, and with a couple more private tests planned for the rest of the year they should get a good gauge on his pace vs the existing drivers.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
why did those dudes need trumpets for the national anthem?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Wtf how did they miss the live action of that accident?? :mad:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Oscar was gonna take LeClerc if it wasn't for that imo