F1 2024 Season

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Having Imola and Monaco back to back sucks with both being largely dreadful for spectators. I suppose in that sense both are more about qualifying, which I will say I enjoyed more than the races themselves.

In terms of today, great result for Charles and also well done to Albon for getting Williams first points of the season. Get in lads.

sepulturite

31 point gap in the drivers and 24 in constructors. Game on?
Could be. But one thing I'm glad of this season is that we're seeing other drivers winning races, even if Max wins the championship again, at least all the races won't as predictable as last year.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I travelled earlier today and turned up jmfor around 15th lap, and I fell asleep two times and didn't even finish the race. How shit that was, and my driver won!

dinostar77

31 point gap in the drivers and 24 in constructors. Game on?
Next two tracks (Canada and Spain), should allow RedBull to run the car as low as they usually do again. So I expect max to be off in the distance again. Though interesting to see how much McLaren and Ferrari have caught up.

After that it's Austria and Hungary, where RedBull will have to lift the car again ( I think).

For anyone to have a very very slim chance of a championship battle with max this year. You have to go with no1 and no2 drivers for the rest of season and maximize the points for no1 driver on tracks where RedBull have to raise the car and and lose their floor for advantage.

I expect a Max master class next two races. I might be wrong.

On a side note, are there any pics yet online of the RedBull floor from Perez's wrecked car?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I'd believe it.

He was making up, what, 3 or 4 seconds a lap on Russell? Then when he actually catches up he can't pass because it's a shit track not fit for purpose.
not being an elite money baller like me, you just don’t get monaco.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Canada and Spain), should allow RedBull to run the car as low as they usually do again. So I expect max to be off in the distance again. Though interesting to see how much McLaren and Ferrari have caught up.

After that it's Austria and Hungary, where RedBull will have to lift the car again ( I think).
Finally some good tracks :drool:

Also Silverstone after Austria, and then Hungary.

pauldyson1uk

Watched the lap 1 crash a few times now.
WTH were the stewards watch to say, no further action, OK first lap do , sometimes that is a factor, but sorry not this time for me.
Perez was extremely lucky to walk away from that unharmed, Hulk was completely at fault.

The Firestarter

WTH were the stewards watch to say, no further action, OK first lap do , sometimes that is a factor, but sorry not this time for me.
Perez was extremely lucky to walk away from that unharmed, Hulk was completely at fault.
Mag

We need an rvn

This track needs to go or a rule change for Monaco needs to be put in place (min two stop strategy and royal rumble type draw on when you have to take your first stop)

I get history bla bla bla but it’s an utter bore fest

hp88

Monaco will never get cancelled but I reckon they should race there every other year instead, just too many street circuits on the calendar so it wouldn't really go a miss.

Abizzz

I disagree. For me Perez is at least 50% at fault. He checked his mirror multiple times, knew Mag was there, and had 2 cars width space on the left. If one isn't allowed to do what Mag did they can just about ban overtaking in Monaco altogether. Yes he was too slow to get it done but he still had the speed to pull alongside him. Perez was fighting backmarkers in the OP car and should have managed to drive away from it without relying on Mag to pull out. Perez could have pulled out of it by not forcing himself onto the racing line either and would have still stayed ahead given a left turn was coming up.

Last edited:

Abizzz

This track needs to go or a rule change for Monaco needs to be put in place (min two stop strategy and royal rumble type draw on when you have to take your first stop)

I get history bla bla bla but it’s an utter bore fest
It's the showcase and entire F1 has become boring and shit over the past decade. Monaco being the pinnacle of the bore fest is absolutely fitting.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Next two tracks (Canada and Spain), should allow RedBull to run the car as low as they usually do again. So I expect max to be off in the distance again. Though interesting to see how much McLaren and Ferrari have caught up.

For anyone to have a very very slim chance of a championship battle with max this year. You have to go with no1 and no2 drivers for the rest of season and maximize the points for no1 driver on tracks where RedBull have to raise the car and and lose their floor for advantage.

I expect a Max master class next two races. I might be wrong.

On a side note, are there any pics yet online of the RedBull floor from Perez's wrecked car?
Surely not Canada? That’s another bumpy track with chicanes & high curbs. Then after that you get the European swing where the tracks should suit Max & RB.

Uniquim

They really need to change Monaco. Happy for Leclerc and all that, but what a shite race.
I'd love for them to try joker laps or something like that. Either find a part of the circuit that can be extended, like turning off at Madone, go Grande Bretagne and Larvotto back to Portier, and then adding a chicane at Portier so they don't re-enter at a higher speed than the other cars. Alternately, driving through the pits.

If they don't do anything about the race, I'd be happy to see it gone to be honest. At least until the cars get smaller again.

redshaw

Might've been more interesting to watch footage of how they get those big yachts lined up so close.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I disagree. For me Perez is at least 50% at fault. He checked his mirror multiple times, knew Mag was there, and had 2 cars width space on the left. If one isn't allowed to do what Mag did they can just about ban overtaking in Monaco altogether. Yes he was too slow to get it done but he still had the speed to pull alongside him. Perez was fighting backmarkers in the OP car and should have managed to drive away from it without relying on Mag to pull out. Perez could have pulled out of it by not forcing himself onto the racing line either and would have still stayed ahead given a left turn was coming up.
Yeah, I'd agree with this. There is plenty of room there for two cars, both were at fault. Perez didn't need to drive to the right.

We need an rvn

It's the showcase and entire F1 has become boring and shit over the past decade. Monaco being the pinnacle of the bore fest is absolutely fitting.
Agree. For Monaco, I think what would be great is if all the teams lined up their most classic cars over the last decades and paraded them around the track a few laps at a time. Be much more exciting for people to see a Ferrari GTO from Le Mans ( I know it's not F1 but feck me!) / Maclaren Mp4, / Ford GT40 (again, not F1 but you get my drift) / Merc W07 / Alfa 158 etc. I'd pay a hell of a lot more money to see 30 of the greatest cars driven around Monaco than watch what I did yesterday

dinostar77

Gary Anderson's idea of turning left before the tunnel and having two straights linked by a roundabout makes a lot of sense. It would add two more DRS zones. Picture of the circuit with the extension is in the link.

You still retain the classic track just a extension to sector 2 which should in theory improve the racing at Monaco.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/gary-anderson-how-id-change-the-monaco-gp-f1-track-layout/

Another suggestion which is sorta similar is to turn left instead of right just before the pits and have two more straights.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/s/oh58Y55iY5

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Straighten out the final corner so cars can follow more closely and we'd have more overtakes on the main straight

pauldyson1uk

OK I have watched it again, and yeah I conceded it’s not all Mags faults. Agree Perez could’ve pulled out but made the choice not to, calculated risk that failed.