FA Charged United for Player Conduct

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

This is bullshit! De Gea was clearly angry but he got a yellow card and that should be it. Also he was justified to be emotional because it was a bullshit call from the ref, as evidenced by VAR decision. And not just any bullshit call but the offense on a keeper. And it was third time an attack on De Gea went unpunished, ij last couple months, so it was starting to become free for all to jump him. De Gea was right to speak up.

FA are cnuts for charging us with this complete bullshit. I bet if Ferguson were our manager he would be making his thought known in no small manner.

Nickelodeon

Gather the money in terms of pocket change and smash the a**holes in the face with it. Twice for the f*cker Pawson. What an absolutely bullshit call that was and we are being charged for it?! Shame on them.

dove

We don't know what the players said so hard to comment on this. However one fact is clear, FA is a joke, corrupt organisation ran by a bunch of idiots.

DRM

That was the best moment of the game, loved seeing a bit of passion

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Keeping control of your players? What's Ole supposed to do, run on the pitch to calm the waters? I actually want a bit of emotion from them, not that they are passive.

NewGlory

That was the best moment of the game, loved seeing a bit of passion
Same here. Gotta stand up for yourself

We don't know what the players said so hard to comment on this. However one fact is clear, FA is a joke, corrupt organisation ran by a bunch of idiots.
True, but had they said anything over the top, more people would get yellows and De Gea would get a red. I can't read lips but it seemed like De Gea was saying ref's call was bullshit and he was jumped on. Nothing to charge the club over.

arthurka

If the league had competent refs non of this would have happened. Pawson is such a piss poor ref its embarrassing to watch. Since VAR no ref takes any pride in blowing the whistle on penalties and fouls that lead to goals they all just want the ghost ref hundreds of miles away to deal with it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Deserved but I'm glad we called the referee out for it, we didn't put up even close to this kind of appeal against Everton and conceded a goal that shouldn't have stood because of it. I hope if the situation happens again we'll appeal with such passion too, incompetency shouldn't be allowed to slip through the net, maybe it'll encourage the referee's to do their jobs.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That’s the Bruno deal off then, we’ll be skint now. :(

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
FA trying to save face for the initial decision being wrong and making sure other clubs don't do it.

Manny

Grammar Police
Football continuing its great job of sucking any kind of emotion out of the game

parkthebuslads

I think it's fair. DDG in particular crossed a line, although it was somewhat understandable under the circumstances.

padzilla

Hipster
I think it's fair. DDG in particular crossed a line, although it was somewhat understandable under the circumstances.
If only he received some kind of on-the-spot punishment that was sufficient at the time. Say a yellow card? This was a prime example of a referee being lazy and letting play develop, knowing he had VAR to fall back on, instead of making a decision himself. But what about his responsibility to the safety of the players? If attacking players are going to be allowed to what they want to goalkeepers this season and then just hit rewind on VAR to see if a goal should stand then surely there is a risk of a keeper being seriously injured?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So we'll get a fine for Craig Pawson being inept at his job?
That's pretty much it. The players protested a decision that was correctly overturned. Without VAR it wouldn't have been. Charging the team for the protests seems ridiculous. I thought even booking De Gea for it was stupid.

You see those sorts of ref crowding incidents nearly every game, and no one has been charged for it for ages. Why us, all of a sudden?

padzilla

Hipster
It shouldn't be too hard to put a robust defence together, unlike on the pitch, against this charge. The real travesty here is our defenders allowed Virgil to go in on the keeper without challenging him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's pretty funny all things considered given VAR's ruling in that case. It's a 'yeah okay, maybe we were wrong but feck you anyway' type of response.

HJ12

Dave's anger was understandable too. He never protested like this the last time that happened against Everton and the goal stood, even after useless VAR checked it. I'm convinced the immediate outrage by our players played a part in VAR giving the correct decision this time. I hate players crowding referees, but for a while its been seeming like the teams who are pressuring the refs, constantly in their ears, are the ones getting majority of the calls.

TrustInOle

Keeping control of your players? What's Ole supposed to do, run on the pitch to calm the waters? I actually want a bit of emotion from them, not that they are passive.
Exactly! Also I don't understand how it's fair game to criticise players or managers when they make mistakes, but Referee are some transcendent being devoid of all emotinal reactions to their mistakes that a majority of the time, before VAR, change the outcome of games.

Makes it even more laughable when you hear from ex ref's that they used to doctate a game depending on how opposition players acted towards them or if they wanted to set the dynamic of a game. Refs in this country are beyond a joke now to the point they can't even use a technology made to help them, efficiently.

Edit: also you don't see Refs kicking up a fuss in Spain when practically every player surrounds them hauling abuse.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He did cross a line, but it's no different to what others players (and Klopp) get away with. I'm glad he did it.

NewGlory

Arsenal do this week in, week out.

The inconsistency is infuriating.
100% We are the team that hasn’t challenged refs in ages and the first time we do it - club gets punished, where other teams do it all the time and nobody as much as blinks.

Lesson learned - we should do it more often? :D

Dave's anger was understandable too. He never protested like this the last time that happened against Everton and the goal stood, even after useless VAR checked it. I'm convinced the immediate outrage by our players played a part in VAR giving the correct decision this time. I hate players crowding referees, but for a while its been seeming like the teams who are pressuring the refs, constantly in their ears, are the ones getting majority of the calls.
I have the same feeling as well. If we would have been “meh” the VAR may not have overturned, and besides - this is starting to put De Gea in danger of some serious injury so - feck the ref.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
When you've fecked up, go on the offensive!

Horrible episode from the ref that aggravated the players as well as the fans on the stadium. Instead of controlling the game, he created a conflict out of nothing. I usually don't condone such behaviour from our players, but this time it was more than justified.

Ibi Dreams

Football continuing its great job of sucking any kind of emotion out of the game
I don't think stuff like this really changes anything. It's not going to stop our players or any other players from having a go at the ref in the future when he gets something obviously wrong. What does "being charged" actually mean in practical terms? At worst it's probably a small fine that nobody will care about

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Instead, the ref should be charged with gross incompetence and should be sacked.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
De gea got a yellow cos the ref didn't dare blow for a foul and wanted VAR to bail him out. If he'd blown for a clear feckin foul, which is his job. This wouldn't even be an issue.

Definitely had his Liverpool kit on underneath. Top wanker.

Acole9

Outstanding
I bet Solskjaer's fuming, I can see a few of them being offloaded to Inter Milan.