FA Cup 2023/24

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nuts. Game's gone.

Biggest issue with VAR there. Ref goes to the monitor, he basically has to change his mind. They need more freedom in those scenarios to make up their own mind.
Surely it's because the system put in place puts them into pressure. They basically can't publicly say the VAR ref got it wrong

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely it's because the system put in place puts them into pressure. They basically can't publicly say the VAR ref got it wrong
Not sure what the system is but we've had VAR a fair few years now and I think I've seen only one time the ref disagreed once he went to the monitor, it didn't even look particularly bad on the replays.

Walters_19_MuFc

The fact that VAR was involved and DCL still got sent off tells me enough about how incompetent some of the officials are. Truly the worse red card decision I've seen with VAR involved.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not sure what the system is but we've had VAR a fair few years now and I think I've seen only one time the ref disagreed once he went to the monitor, it didn't even look particularly bad on the replays.
I know for the Ligue 1 a ref said once that there is a grade after each game for refs and bonuses. A referee who doesn't follow VAR's recommandation is susceptible not to earn his bonus as he would have been deemed to be wrong.
There is also the fact that the ex PL ref whose name escape me, said that he basically protected his bro in the Chelsea vs Spurs game when Cucurella got his hair pulled.
Whatever the real reason, there is no incentive for the ref to not follow VAR

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Everton putting forward a good claim to being the only team more cursed than us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How does ref go to the monitor see that and change his decision?
Because the way they have implemented VAR, there is no decision to be made at that point. It has been made for him. When was the last time you saw a ref go to the monitor and not change the original decision?

The whole pantomime of the ref going to the monitor is nothing but window dressing bullshit.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The fact that VAR was involved and DCL still got sent off tells me enough about how incompetent some of the officials are. Truly the worse red card decision I've seen with VAR involved.
Apart from awful refs and awful VAR officials.. they’re misusing the tech and Webb has to take control, change the process and re-educate them.

No other sport uses tech like football does, VAR officials keep trying to re-ref decisions and TELL the referee what they think the decision should be.

Change it to match rugby union… show the replay/angles at full speed and let the ref decide next steps. If he says “I’m fine with decision”, VAR shuts up… if he says “show me that angle again” or “show me that in slow motion”, fine, show him. But don’t influence him and let him make the decision. And Webb has to tell VAR to shut up and tell refs VAR is only there as a tool and the final decision is theirs.

Ruining football.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Got a lot of respect for Roy but my God we are absolutely awful, surprised any neutrals made it to the end of that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because the way they have implemented VAR, there is no decision to be made at that point. It has been made for him. When was the last time you saw a ref go to the monitor and not change the original decision?

The whole pantomime of the ref going to the monitor is nothing but window dressing bullshit.
It’s a disgrace. They are cowards.

the_cliff

Just seen the replay of the red card.

That's just mind boggling. It's not even a yellow. In real time I thought it was a good tackle.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Would it not be better to find a winner on the night than a replay?
For us and Everton 100%, for a lower league team that might force a replay at a bigger side it could be massive. I wouldn‘t want to take that away from the competition tbf.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Did you see where Sunderland decorated out the visitors bar with Newcastle colours and slogans, 'cheer up Peter Reid'

Is there a more clownier acting club in the land? Who does this? and why?

Red00012

Did you see where Sunderland decorated out the visitors bar with Newcastle colours and slogans, 'cheer up Peter Reid'

Is there a more clownier acting club in the land? Who does this? and why?
What the feck ?

Walters_19_MuFc

Apart from awful refs and awful VAR officials.. they’re misusing the tech and Webb has to take control, change the process and re-educate them.

No other sport uses tech like football does, VAR officials keep trying to re-ref decisions and TELL the referee what they think the decision should be.

Change it to match rugby union… show the replay/angles at full speed and let the ref decide next steps. If he says “I’m fine with decision”, VAR shuts up… if he says “show me that angle again” or “show me that in slow motion”, fine, show him. But don’t influence him and let him make the decision. And Webb has to tell VAR to shut up and tell refs VAR is only there as a tool and the final decision is theirs.

Ruining football.
Agreed.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Tottenhams pitch looks awful, loads of players slipping, bits of turf flying everywhere.

Manncunian

I think this has to be the worst commentary and co commentary I’ve ever had the displeasure of listening to during a football match during my lifetime.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Spurs without Son and Kane have always been bottom half standard.

Those two have been digging them out of all sorts for years.