FA Cup - 4th round

gasmanc

Banned
Yeah, that's true but it doesn't really contradict what we said. Being a goal down doesn't mean you're struggling.
You looked like getting beat due to an inability to find the net, the red card was a huge turning point, as they were dangerous. Gudjonsens point blank miss for 2-0 was another. It certainly wasn't the rosy 1-2 win that it's being painted to be. Deserved win it was but it was hardly a formality until that Liverpool fan got himself sent off.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
You looked like getting beat due to an inability to find the net, the red card was a huge turning point, as they were dangerous. Gudjonsens point blank miss for 2-0 was another. It certainly wasn't the rosy 1-2 win that it's being painted to be. Deserved win it was but it was hardly a formality until that Liverpool fan got himself sent off.
I don't think anyone was trying to say it was a formality though, just that it was a deserved win and despite us being 1-0 down for a lot of the match we weren't tested that much. The red card was a turning point but they happen, it was the right decision and we took advantage.

gasmanc

Banned
I don't think anyone was trying to say it was a formality though, just that it was a deserved win and despite us being 1-0 down for a lot of the match we weren't tested that much. The red card was a turning point but they happen, it was the right decision and we took advantage.
Not disputing any of that apart from the formality part, in fact I've said as much.
Just noticed a little over excitement in the ranks and the way it's being talked up, it certainly sounds like it was a formality, it was clearly a struggle but it is what it is, scrappy win against lower league opposition in the FA cup.
Nothing to write home about.