FA Cup - 4th round

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Good work to hang on for the win. Slippery away ties are always nervy in the cup.

Flamini is useless. Defence looks woeful when he's in front of them.

Let's hope for home draws from here on.

vanthaman

Winner
Seriously how have a team who have always been outside of the Premier League managed to get a class stadium like this?
Through a lot of hard work. It's amazing the club is even around

The clubs owners in 95 sold the old stadium, then they had to play in gillingham for 2 years before returning to Brighton to play at a running track, then finally in 2011 they moved into the new stadium. The current enter tony bloom is bankrolling the club and has put £83m into the stadium and £32m on the training ground which received the highest marks of any training ground in England

Boycott

Through a lot of hard work. It's amazing the club is even around

The clubs owners in 95 sold the old stadium, then they had to play in gillingham for 2 years before returning to Brighton to play at a running track, then finally in 2011 they moved into the new stadium. The current enter tony bloom is bankrolling the club and has put £83m into the stadium and £32m on the training ground which received the highest marks of any training ground in England
Nice. Not too long ago they were challenging for promotion. Not something they can achieve now, they need to steer clear from the bottom but they should be back up there next season. Hughton is a competent manager and those facilities are Premier League standard. Players would want to join an ambitious club so there's a big opportunity.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
8 months isn't too long really.
Surely you didn't have Arsenal down as favourites against the mighty Hull? :angel:

Check out Dennis Wise's wig :lol:.

More Anchorman that football pundit.
:lol:

United should be made favourites if they get through to round 5.
Not for me the way we are playing now. I'm not going to get into the negativity that was been around this forum recently, but Arsenal should probably be considered favourites overall, especially now that Wenger has finally worked-out another way of playing when needed. Even Liverpool have re-found some of their intensity from last season (against big sides at least - contrast the performance against Chelsea compared to Bolton) whilst we are struggling against lower league sides and the likes of Villa away in their current position. Plus the media clearly want Gerrard to win the FA cup in his last game in his birthday after they were denied the Liverpool title win they desperately wanted last season, which might have an effect.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not for me the way we are playing now. I'm not going to get into the negativity that was been around this forum recently, but Arsenal should probably be considered favourites overall, especially now that Wenger has finally worked-out another way of playing when needed. Even Liverpool have re-found some of their intensity from last season (against big sides at least - contrast the performance against Chelsea compared to Bolton) whilst we are struggling against lower league sides and the likes of Villa away in their current position. Plus the media clearly want Gerrard to win the FA cup in his last game in his birthday after they were denied the Liverpool title win they desperately wanted last season, which might have an effect.
In my eyes we are ahead of them in the league and have already beaten them this season. We should be.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
In my eyes we are ahead of them in the league and have already beaten them this season. We should be.
True enough, and hopefully that remains the case whilst we get to playing better stuff ourselves so we don't have to worry about anyone else.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
perfect draw for me (obviously "If" we get past Cambridge), would definitely be Reading away.

25miles from home, and out would come the Reading membership card, last used 2 years ago when they were in the Prem! Loved that season, saw the 4-3 win by United, them scoring a late late goal to hold Chelsea 2-2, and also the Villa relegation clash!

I do miss Reading in the Prem, but getting on their bandwagon for the FA cup is the next best thing!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
A few weeks ago I had watched Stoke once or twice and I was super unimpressed by Bojan. How wrong I was..
Some games he's been amazing, some games poor. Still a great buy for just 3m.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Wenger wouldn't do this though:

Bradford City AFC @officialbantams · 3m3 minutes ago
Jose Mourinho has just been in an ecstatic away dressing room to congratulate every City player and staff member. A real touch of class.
I was too busy hating on Mourinho to think at that time and saw a re-run of the games some time ago. But your post is unfair, really unfair. First - Mourinho has this annoying habit of offering to shake the opposition manager's hand before the match is over. The Bradford manager snubbed him then and that probably resulted in him going to the opposition dressing room.

Second, "Wenger wouldn't do this" is just flat out wrong. You really think Mourinho would ever offer the other team a replay if Chelsea scored when the other team's player was down injured? Not a chance in hell. Mourinho will slam the player in public but he would never offer a replay. Guess what, our manager did that against Sheffield United in the FA Cup back in the day. We actually played an entire game again in the FA Cup because we scored when their player was down injured.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

Mourinho is a slimy attention-seeking person who will do anything to portray a so-called dignified image. He knows how to manipulate the media and you lot fall for it all the time, :lol:

Rednotdead

I was too busy hating on Mourinho to think at that time and saw a re-run of the games some time ago. But your post is unfair, really unfair. First - Mourinho has this annoying habit of offering to shake the opposition manager's hand before the match is over. The Bradford manager snubbed him then and that probably resulted in him going to the opposition dressing room.

Second, "Wenger wouldn't do this" is just flat out wrong. You really think Mourinho would ever offer the other team a replay if Chelsea scored when the other team's player was down injured? Not a chance in hell. Mourinho will slam the player in public but he would never offer a replay. Guess what, our manager did that against Sheffield United in the FA Cup back in the day. We actually played an entire game again in the FA Cup because we scored when their player was down injured.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

Mourinho is a slimy attention-seeking person who will do anything to portray a so-called dignified image. He knows how to manipulate the media and you lot fall for it all the time, :lol:
Point of accuracy - you didn't score when a player was down injured. Sheffield Utd had the ball and put it out for a throw because their player was injured. You took the throw in and threw it back towards the keeper. One of your players intercepted it and put it in the net. The decent thing to have done would have been to let Sheffield Utd score unopposed from the restart but you didn't. Wenger only offered the replay because there was such a furore after the game, so don't try to claim the moral high ground on the back of it.