g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA Cup - 4th round

DannyDash

No-one realised that it took a deflection it else it would never dip like that

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dwight Gayle to punish these lot in the next round again.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's little to no consolation but at least it's another tough fixture for Liverpool to contend with on top of the Premier League and Europa League.

MarcRed96

Well, that was a decent game despite the result. Hopefully Palace knock them out in the next round.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Narrative narrative narrative narrative"

Irrational.

I wonder how many times the FA Cup final being on Stevie Hollywood's birthday will be mentioned whilst Liverpool are still in the cup.

I predict triple figures.

Oh, and Brentan smugly walking onto the pitch as if falling behind to a penalty and winning it late on was part of his plan all along. :nono:

Bolton never stood a chance really. They were out on their feet at the end.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Lolz at that win. To be fair, it was a soft pen and Bolton offered nothing in two games.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just glad there was no ET. Didn't care if we made it through. Sturridge got some cobweb cleaning minutes which is all that mattered.

Oh and another chance to see the splendour of Can. :drool:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Nach. I mean you've got bigger fish to fry than this mickey mouse cup, right?
Got more important priorities for sure. If you offered me an FA Cup or fourth spot tonight guess what both of us would take.

Sir A1ex

If you offered me an FA Cup or fourth spot tonight guess what both of us would take.
I'd be pretty 50-50 on that choice... but then we haven't won the cup for ages and it's really starting to piss me off.

But even if I was definitely more concerned about getting 4th, I wouldn't "not care if we made it through". I would hope that we could potentially handle four extra matches this season and try and do both.
I'd never be so obsessed with getting 4th that some tiny perceived disadvantage to staying in the cup worried me. If I got to that point I think I'd have to re-evaluate what I was even getting out of football anymore. Definitely don't remember getting pissed off with all the cup football as the 98-99 season developed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'd be pretty 50-50 on that choice... but then we haven't won the cup for ages and it's really starting to piss me off.

But even if I was definitely more concerned about getting 4th, I wouldn't "not care if we made it through". I would hope that we could potentially handle four extra matches this season and try and do both.
I'd never be so obsessed with getting 4th that some tiny perceived disadvantage to staying in the cup worried me. If I got to that point I think I'd have to re-evaluate what I was even getting out of football anymore. Definitely don't remember getting pissed off with all the cup football as the 98-99 season developed.
I agree with this. Another 30min wouldn't be beneficial towards the derby next Saturday but feck that, I want to go through, especially with so many big teams out of the competition. The moral boost for the lads of winning this game after falling behind in such a daft way is compensates how deep we had to dig to get this result. And if you need any extra motivation for our next game, you're not worthy of being a Liverpool player. They'll all be fit and ready for sure.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Can looked dead sexy last night. Looking to good for defence, though I am quite happy with the central axis we have at the moment. Can-Skrtel-Sakho behind Lucas-Henderson is a lineup with all sorts of reassurance in there right now.

Please don't tinker with that, Brendan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can looked dead sexy last night. Looking to good for defence, though I am quite happy with the central axis we have at the moment. Can-Skrtel-Sakho behind Lucas-Henderson is a lineup with all sorts of reassurance in there right now.

Please don't tinker with that, Brendan.
Really? I thought Bolton caused you all kind of problems until the needless sending off.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really? I thought Bolton caused you all kind of problems until the needless sending off.
I didn't really get that sense. Sure, they had attacks, but they weren't that threatening to my mind and I didn't get any sense of the panic I've been so used to seeing at the back this season. I felt like we were coping well and like the players exuded the same. Not often that happens under rodgers without being a few goals up.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Bolton created about two chances the entire match (not including the dive for the penalty). Don't think they offered much going forward at all.

gasmanc

Banned
Didn't stop them looking like winning though did it, Liverpool on the other hand were struggling for the equaliser until the stupidity of the red card.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I prefer to think of it as us struggling to get the equaliser until we subbed off Joe Allen.

But yeah, like the others, I didn't feel like Bolton troubled us. Our finishing was letting us down again but apart from that we were in control and creating chances.