FA Cup 5th Round - 16th to 19th of Feb | Very Appalling Refereeing

BIGbadBOO4

Imagine if United had reacted to being knocked out of the League Cup like City reacted to getting knocked out of the FA Cup. We'd probably get a full judge led public inquiry. Photos of our fans ripped from CCTV would be all over every newspaper website, accusing us of lacking respect for the police. Any player that went near a fan after the pitch invasion, which also happened at Bristol City, would be getting tarred and feathered by the press. Plus Mourinho would be getting castigated as the instigator who raised the temperature by going for the opposition manager at half time.

Its funny how things are when you're City. Funny how it is to be small. Funny how it is when your team means nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all...

Absolutely spot on. The reaction if it was Manchester United would be so so different. City fans defending players would be spitting saliva all over the place and defending poor Wigan fans.

Ban

Skysports is in full motion to portray a defeat as a victory. Apparently league cup victory will be a catalyst for City success and losing to Wigan will help them in focusing on going for the treble.

Media love for City and Pep is making me sick.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
What the hell was that disallowed for? If anything, Llorente was fouled. fecking VAR :houllier:

FireballXL5

I can't believe I'm in agreement with Robbie Savage. Ridiculous decision. If this is how VAR is going to be they can feck right off.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Agree with Savage that “clear and obvious” should sit at the heart of VAR, otherwise it’ll become a joke.

Zebs

That angle just now shows Llorente pulling the defender but it was six of one half a dozen of the other. Could have as easily been a penalty.

slored1

Spurs got robbed there. Would be furious if that would be used against us.

el3mel

VAR strikes again.

This shite isn't even making correct decisions to start with.

fergosaurus

Baffling decision, VAR having another day to forget. I was for it and still am but it's been a bit of a shambles.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Agree with Savage that “clear and obvious” should sit at the heart of VAR, otherwise it’ll become a joke.
Yeah. The Mata disallowed goal was a bit of a farce with the wobbly lines and even when the actual lines were shown it wasn't that clear cut. I'd say the same for anyone that if it isn't clear cut to give the benefit to the attacker - like has been the case before VAR.

Now VAR seems to be used for everything and teams can't properly celebrate a goal anymore.

Zoo

Poch unhappy that his newest diver didn’t get a pen.

Andersons Dietician

Just get rid of it, it’s horrendous. This is one of the most horrendous ref displays I’ve ever seen and VAR is absoulutly ruining the game. Huh, isn’t it just a retake?

Member 90887

How the hell did they get a penalty ? the foul began outside the area ?

Canagel

This game. :lol: They're reviewing the penalty take which was also reviewed before it was taken.

Zebs

what the shit is going on

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Where are the VAR fans now, it simply won't work in the current set up. Only way VAR will work is if the VAR guy is the official ref, and the on the pitch ref is simply a runner. Absolute joke at the moment.