FA Cup 5th Round - 16th to 19th of Feb | Very Appalling Refereeing

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Ronaldo did that for years!?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So do we retake it? Abandon the game? Replay it?
Feck me what a game. And I thought the weather would play a part:lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Are the authorities deliberately sabotaging VAR in order to kill the whole concept stone dead?

Zebs

AHahahahAH this game

Member 90887

So do we retake it? Abandon the game? Replay it?
Feck me what a game. And I thought the weather would play a part:lol:
Well, the son yellow for the penalty is correct, it's the penalty decision that was baffeling.

For people thinking it should be retaken well, halting has been banned a few years ago.

Penalty-takers will no longer be allowed to halt at the end of their run-ups to try to fool the goalkeeper.

The International Football Association Board has decided it is "unsporting behaviour" and made it a yellow card offence in time for the World Cup.

"Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted," said Fifa's Jerome Valcke.

"However, feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is now considered an infringement."

VAR summary

Zebs

Can someone tell me in brief what’s happened in this game for the controversy
Tottenham had a goal disallowed after 5 minutes despite all the VAR replays showing Llorente being fouled rather than Llorente fouling someone.

Son scores. Goal allowed.

Tottenham given a freekick despite foul beginning outside the box but ending in the box. After 5 mins, it was changed to a penalty.

Son scores penalty only for it to be disallowed for an illegal run-up. He's then booked. We spend another two minutes looking at VAR and a free out is awarded.

Then Rochdale equalised.

montpelier

Not watching, what's going on with the refs?
I think so far...

we've had a perfectly good goal disallowed

a debatable penalty given - but the scoring of it pulled back, just to get one right

and it might be 1-1 but then again it might not, final decision still pending

Canagel

VAR is a joke in its current state. Firstly it was stated in the rules that it's supposed to overrule clear errors. Why is it being used in every single case then?