FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It will Chelsea vs United again for the next 5 years. Mason mount, pulisic and kovacic are too good. Those front 2 are Barcelona-esque in ability on the ball.

Castia

Good half by Arsenal

Chelsea don’t seem to know what to do

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Chelsea had the worst defensive record in the top 10 it’s so surprise they’re vulnerable given Arsenal’s front 3 seem to have turned up

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think people are blinded by how poor zouma was at the start of the season. He's definitely settled since then though. I feel you need a leader though, much like why we got Maguire. Would transform you.
Could do! Just not sure where that type of player would be coming from; feel personally as though the CB market is pretty poor. The one I'd break the bank for is Gimenez from Atleti - he ticks all the boxes.

el3mel

Arsenal are having a great game, but if they couldn't take advantage of their period of dominance they might regret it comes the end of the game.

Tony247

Not a single chelsea midfielder is good in defensive duty. Bruno runs his lungs out in his own half too even when we have matic to cover the back line.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It will Chelsea vs United again for the next 5 years. Mason mount, pulisic and kovacic are too good. Those front 2 are Barcelona-esque in ability on the ball.
But Norwich in defence.

You have to get the defence right first. When Fergie did, we looked unbeatable

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
We've got lucky, if that's a pen it's a red as well. Azpi v Auba not something we wanted see more of that was for sure.

Get Kante on and tactical change needed I think.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I've never seen an Arsenal squad with such poor technique. So many players who make mistakes when it comes to simple passes and basic control of the ball.

Superunknown

Better than both. Better than Chelsea’s by a huge amount.
On this showing much better. Both of these teams need a leader like Maguire at the back.
Yeah, I suddenly feel a bit more optimistic about our defence after watching these two, especially Chelsea's defence. It feels like we don't have as much to do as both Arsenal and Chelsea. Still not perfect, but it's closer to where I think it needs to be compared to those two.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Kante on for Rudiger and Emerson for Alonso and 4-3-3 from the off IMO. Getting done in midfield especially after Azpi went off because James can't be the extra body as Zouma isn't a RB.

Fooza

Looks like this is going to be the future, play from the back and high defence. Every team seems to be playing this way now.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah, I suddenly feel a bit more optimistic about our defence after watching these two, especially Chelsea's defence. It feels like we don't have as much to do as both Arsenal and Chelsea. Still not perfect, but it's closer to where I think it needs to be compared to those two.
Oh we're miles ahead of Arsenal, I really wouldn't be worrying about them.

Tony247

Nonsense. He's been our best CB. 4th best in Europe in aerial duels; absolutely vital given our set piece issues.
That's there the big problem if zouma is chelsea's best or even second best defender. He is good in air, I give that. But otherwise very weak in defending.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So looking forward to a Chelsea last-minute winner, then seeing the live reaction from Arsefam TV.

It's what the internet was created for.

Nick7

Only Liverpool and City conceded less than us. 3 and 1 goal respectively. Our defence is good. Chelsea conceded 54 for our 36.

Fooza

So looking forward to a Chelsea last-minute winner, then seeing the live reaction from Arsefam TV.

It's what the internet was created for.
I hope you're right and not the other way round, otherwise AFTV and not chill tonight :(

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Lumped on arse @3.40 so fully expect luiz red card, penalty to Chelsea then another couple quick fire goals to kill the game before the 60th min

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looks like this is going to be the future, play from the back and high defence. Every team seems to be playing this way now.
Right down to youth level. My lad's u12s play and train exactly the same way but we do meet teams who just kick and run.

They aren't the most physical bunch but they are so good on the eye when it comes off. We just drill and drill the play out from the back in training, doesn't matter if it doesn't come off on occasion

sport2793

Only Liverpool and City conceded less than us. 3 and 1 goal respectively. Our defence is good. Chelsea conceded 54 for our 36.
Think there was also some analysis done where goals conceded is a better predictor of future league success than goals scored.

Superunknown

Oh we're miles ahead of Arsenal, I really wouldn't be worrying about them.
Haha, I worry about a lot of things in life. Arsenal isn't of them, though. :lol:
Just a curiosity how other fans see us in comparison.

That's mental that they've conceded that many. More than I thought. Thought it would be a lot closer than that.