FA Cup Final (slaughter)

Paul_Scholes18

It's an unbelievable run of opponents.

Only decent ones (in context) are Lyon and Spurs? Lyon best them too?
Watching them get a run like that I start to feel that the draws are rigged. It is beyond luck to get so many easy draws in a row. I think Burnley at home is probably the only bad draw since it was early enough in the cup so there was plenty of non premier league sides left. Also Leicester in the league cup was semi hard.

gibers

Yeah its on the picture but they should just have called it a treble, our social media team deserve a smack tbh, worst I've ever seen bar Benjamin Mendy's.
Why? It's a trophy. Barca included their spanish cup when talking about their calendar year 'sextuple'.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The difference between the teams until the 3rd went in was the finishing of chances. Watford were giving them a game up until that point.

Full bodied red

Abu Dhabi Athletic triumph again.

But seriously, they're feckin' good to watch, although having said that it is a bit like watching someone hitting on your wife....

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Was David Gill actually still your CEO when Moyes was appointed?

Penny for his thoughts watching that today.
That's a strange place to jump to. Why would Gill care? Especially as United stopped placing much emphasis on the FA Cup after the treble. He would probably be more disappointed at missed opportunities in light of a Spurs Pool CL final, as both clubs were firmly behind United when he left.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why? It's a trophy. Barca included their spanish cup when talking about their calendar year 'sextuple'.
To be honest, teams go hell for leather for the super cups in other leagues but in England its always been seen as a friendly to start the season. You watch the losing team in those super cups and they are upset, distraught even. You watch the team that loses the Charity Shield and they're like "Ah well...".

Canagel

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford

They required two illegal goals to get through vs Swansea and we'll never here the end of this 'great' achievement because Watford folded in the final.

Their League Cup route

Oxford
Fulham
Leicester
Burton
Congratulations. What a decorated list of clubs.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I genuinely don’t understand why people want City to win over Liverpool, the gap is only going to get bigger when they spend more this summer. At least is Liverpool won it would knock City’s shield of invincibility and their confidence. This league is just another BL and Ligue 1 now.
Nah, the minute Pep fecks off no matter who comes in we'll not be near this level, even with another £1bn spend.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Congratulations. What a decorated list of clubs.
Can only beat whats in front of us though. Hardly City to blame because those clubs went further than the others in the big 6. Should they have put Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs back in the competitions after they lost so City would have a tougher draw. Those teams got where they did on merit.

fergies coat

I genuinely don’t understand why people want City to win over Liverpool, the gap is only going to get bigger when they spend more this summer. At least is Liverpool won it would knock City’s shield of invincibility and their confidence. This league is just another BL and Ligue 1 now.
We’ve had it the worst it could possibly be with city. (Agüeroooo)

Liverpool haven’t won the league since 1990. Lets keep it that way.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Except it's the strongest league in Europe.

Wilt

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford

They required two illegal goals to get through vs Swansea and we'll never here the end of this 'great' achievement because Watford folded in the final.

Their League Cup route

Oxford
Fulham
Leicester
Burton
Wouldn’t be surprised if when added up the total value of all those teams, they still wouldn’t come anywhere near the value of City’s squad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's a strange place to jump to. Why would Gill care? Especially as United stopped placing much emphasis on the FA Cup after the treble. He would probably be more disappointed at missed opportunities in light of a Spurs Pool CL final, as both clubs were firmly behind United when he left.
He was in the crowd today next to Southgate.

Didn't Man. United try to get him in 2012 but he'd already committed to Bayern. Remember SAF meeting him in New York and finding that out so he was obviously on the potential list of candidates at one stage.

Canagel

Can only beat whats in front of us though. Hardly City to blame because those clubs went further than the others in the big 6. Should they have put Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs back in the competitions after they lost so City would have a tougher draw. Those teams got where they did on merit.
None of them beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal? We took Chelsea and Arsenal out of the way. Wolves took Liverpool and us out. You have somehow managed to escape all the big names in both competitions- quite unprecedented. And still needed refs help in one match.

The Real Treble 99

I have to say it is the first time ever in my lifetime as a Utd supporter that I actually am really jealous of little Man City from Moss Side. Not only they have a brilliant winning team with a winning mentality on the pitch they have shown they have a great set up of it as well. Reminds me of what we actually were & how badly we’ve fallen behind.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This season it is.

But with Bayern, Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona all rebuilding over the next few years, I don't expect English to sweep European trophies for much longer.
I expect at least Pool and City to go deep again next season, and whoever features in the Europa league to do the same. Others will rebuild, but those two have the structure and the players to keep their levels for a few seasons still.

SirAF

Ageist
To be fair, United’s own cup run in 2016 was also piss easy but who cares? You can only beat what’s in front of you.

Edit: Quoted the wrong poster. Oh well.

dogwithabone

Teams are rolling over against City and the resistance they’re coming up against is pathetic. Liverpool got in their faces and stopped them, Spurs too to a degree but Watford just caved in. Not one nasty foul by Watford that I saw (I did miss about 15-20 min), no gamesmanship to disrupt City. Nothing.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They won't every trophy in England. All four thats quite an achievement. Whether you like it or not the community shield is an official trophy and should be treated as such. The league cup in every league is useless for the big teams but in the end it counts and in the future all people are going to see are the trophy counts.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
1 - A defence mechanism? For real, even though tons of jewish people said it offensive and even Chelsea asked you not to do it at their ground, where you told them to feck off.

2 - Spending £0 is all you can afford? please you know even with the stadium thats not true. Levy is a brilliant businessman but he's a tight bastard.

3 - See Villarreal for how thats going to work out. You might when a trophy here or there (hell I hope you win the CL) but sustainable trophies is impossible for clubs outside of Liverpool, United, Arsenal without huge investment. We'll see when this whole Spurs thing pays off with consistent trophies. It's not done anywhere else in Europe why would it with Spurs. As a football fan and for your more reasonable supporters on here I'd like to see it work actually, but I know it won't.

4 - So you do care? Why did you say no one cares when you do?

5 - Can't do shit? Fair enough we underachieved but we were an inch from the semi's and probably final this year, not too mention the 50/50 handball on Llorente. Underachieved? Absolutely.
If we never win it I couldn't care, I'll enjoy it if we do. If Uefa feck us out, I won't cry I actually said they should if we're guilty. If we go back to League 1 I still won't care because its only football. Unlike your good self I don't get wound up, angry or overly excited about it so digs like that are pointless. Anyway we're about to life the net spend trophy... sorry an actual real trophy so I gotta get back to the match.

1. Yes, a defence mechanism. It was thrown against us as abuse for years and years so we turned it against them and started being proud of our Jewish connections. I'm not going to pretend it's all ok, but plenty of Jewish people (including Levy) don't view it as offensive, it's actually quite a controversial issue. I'd rather it didn't happen but since rival fans still make gas chamber noises relatively regularly, I think we have bigger issues out there and it's a pretty cheap blow you're trying to land.

2. We will invest, once our revenue gets to a level where we can support spending. We've just financed a massive new stadium in order to build our revenue stream up in the future, something City don't have to worry about it because you invent sponsors. It's called building a club up for the long term.

3. Don't give a feck about what Villareal did, it's not the same long term plan that exists at this football club. I have plenty of issues with our owners/lack of spending but it's a helluva lot more commendable than chucking crooked money at a club and pretending it's legit by breaking the rules.

4. When I say no one cares, I mean nobody is impressed by what you're doing. It doesn't feel like it's being done by an actual football club at all, of course it's annoying and bullshit what you're doing to football but you're just part of the weird grey sludge that is the 'sugar daddy fc' brigade. You're not even really Manchester City anymore.

5. Can't do shit in relation to the ridiculous, obscene spending you've both thrown at your clubs. Of course I get wound up, it's fine for you as a fan of City to try and shrug off and justify what you've done, but fans of proper clubs who built their way up with hard work and planning aren't exactly going to be delighted when clubs win a lottery ticket and start throwing crooked money around via inventing sponsors. What do you expect the reaction of other fans to be? Oh yeah it's City again, highest revenue in the league apparently .. get fecked.

fergies coat

They won't every trophy in England. All four thats quite an achievement. Whether you like it or not the community shield is an official trophy and should be treated as such. The league cup in every league is useless for the big teams but in the end it counts and in the future all people are going to see are the trophy counts.
So David Moyes did win us a trophy?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I try not to be too nostalgic but yeah our treble winning team most definitely had harder cup runs:

FA Cup (including but not all):
Liverpool
Chelsea (finished third that year)
Arsenal
Newcastle (when they were good)

Champion's League:
Barcelona and Bayern in group stages
Inter
Juventus
Bayern

Crazy really.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So David Moyes did win us a trophy?
Absolutely. The community shield is not a pre season trophy. It signals the start of the new season. Are fans going to say "feck ya we won the community shield" no because its 4th in the pecking order of trophies in the league but still it is an official trophy so if City win all 4 which they did it is quite an achievement.

padr81

Supports
Man City
None of them beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal. We took Chelsea and Arsenal out of the way. Wolves took Liverpool and us out. You have somehow managed to escape all the big names in both competitions- quite unprecedented. And still needed refs help in one match.
None of which is our fault. If you'd beaten Wolves, you'd have had a shot at Watford but you didn't. You were well beaten by Wolves, you deserved to go out they deserved to stay in. Watford made the final by beating the very team United and Liverpool couldn't. They deserved to get where they did as did we. If other teams had done their jobs Watford wouldn't be at that stage.