FA Cup Final (slaughter)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
1 - Its not a cheap blow and there is no need for Spurs to do it. Imagine the outcry if City started using some of the racist shit thrown at our owners as a defence mechanism. Its wrong. It is what it is and in this day and age the club should be moving on from it instead of entrenching themselves in it.

2 & 3 - You can say that till you're blue in the fact but until it happens you are just Villarreal MkII. I'd love your club to prove me wrong on this and achieve sustainable success but I also know its not possible. But the fact you think Spurs have a master plan thats superior to other clubs is naive. Plans go out the window when players eventually want out for trophies. Dortmund, Atletico are/were miles ahead of where you are now in terms of doing it the right way but the trophies dried up very, very quickly in far less competitive leagues. I actually hope you win the CL as it will add some time to your project before the inevitable happens.

Liverpool have learned lately, its spend or get fecked. Spurs deserve a lot of plaudits for how they built but as of yet its resulted in nothing. One trophy won't change that, its sustained trophies and sustained fighting at the top that the Spurs method is incapable of bringing in, because they don't have the revenue of a United etc... The only two clubs to join the party recently and win consistently are City and Chelsea, guess what they have in common? £££.

4 - They don't have to be, nobody is ever impressed by the team on top. Not just in football but in all sports. When United were of top people made excuses for why they were better, someone will always find something to blame when they are jealous (myself included). Same happened before that with Liverpool and after with Chelsea. City are obviously an easier target because our owners are monsters, the reality is though, they've been nothing but great for City despite being horrible people.

The other reality is he who has the most £££ comes out on top and its been like that since Arsenal's bank of England in the 1900's. Sucks but life is not fair nor has football ever been. Would I prefer City to have built the Spurs way? You bet your balls I would if it led to trophies but if it led to nothing it was just more of being nothing. We're still Manchester City, we're just a richer Manchester City, we actually have barely any new fans, nothing has changed except we got bought by a tyrant and we have lots of money.

As more money comes into the game the numbers get bigger and bigger but its still the same old football, monopolized by the haves, the difference with City is we are now in the haves instead of the have nots (probably top of the haves). What Spurs are trying to do is commendable but inevitably will falter just like the other clubs who did the same. Sucks to say it but winning consistent trophies (I keep using consistent because anyone can win a one off) is only achievable to clubs who aren't European juggernauts who already have massive fanbase etc...(United, Real, Barca, Bayern, Liverpool etc...) via one method and always has been.

5 - Its the only way to the top, if City weren't in your way it would still be United or Arsenal or Liverpool. You can be annoyed, jealous whatever.. that's fine but the reality for Spurs is they are still in tier 2 (and I mean that with all due respect, hell we were probably tier 10 at one stage) and if City and Chelsea had never came to be, you'd still be in tier 2. The Aguero's, KDB's and Hazards would be lining out for the Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals. Nothing has changed for any club bar the United's Arsenal's and Liverpool's with the arrival of first Chelsea and than City. Its their successes that have dried up. City have had no effect on clubs like Spurs, you'd always be chasing someone. Football has an always will be that way. Football hasn't become this, it's always been this.

Maybe there isn't a need to do it, but you can clearly see why we do and that the intent isn't to be racist/anti-semitic but merely to own what other clubs fans have used as an insult against us. You're making out like it's insidious in intent.

Villareal got to a semi, not a final. They also didn't build the best stadium in Europe, and were never projected to start catching up with their biggest rivals (Arsenal, Chelsea) in terms of revenue, which we are. What master plan? Other clubs like Atletico and Dortmund have stayed high up the table without huge investment, we can do the same. We obviously will have to spend, but within our means and sensibly whilst also pushing players like Kane, Winks etc through .. we've been doing it a while, we will be fine. Obviously we won't win trophies every year, we're not a plastic club built on hollow success, but we can still be successful and compete.

It's nothing to do with you being on top. Liverpool would be impressive if they won the league, United were impressive under Fergie, I can praise loads of teams who are/were on top. People just refuse to recognise success which is based purely on investing ludicrous amounts of money (over a billion) on players, it's not impressive or clever .. it's just expected. You're a hollow club with hollow success, what exactly do you want people to say? Yeah they've been great for City, you're their puppet so they can hide their atrocities.

Also, you have no evidence for literally any of this. Other posters have already discussed this so I won't talk about it in depth, but the idea that you/Chelsea haven't impacted the league in dramatic fashion is absolutely absurd. PSG just took it to a whole new level with the Neymar transfer, clubs like you have broken the transfer market because money means absolutely nothing to your owners. You can spend billions and your owners won't blink, so 50m transfers are completely irrelevant, you're not a sustainable business at all.

No effect on us? Man it's funny how delusional and blind your fans are, what world do you live in where the sugar daddy clubs haven't impacted emerging sides? Even if it didn't I'd rather see De Bruyne, Hazard etc line up for actual football clubs with history and genuine revenue streams, rather than a plastic excuse for a club who have to lie and cheat their way to trophies. Hopefully these latest investigations lead to the hammer being brought down because that's exactly what you deserve.

RedB4ndiT

It's embarrassing counting the Community Shield as part of the "quadruple". It's as prestigious as the International Champions Cup trophy.

gibers

It's embarrassing counting the Community Shield as part of the "quadruple". It's as prestigious as the International Champions Cup trophy.
It's an official trophy and it is a domestic quadruple whether people like it or not.

Barca harped on about the 'sextuple' in 2009.

RedB4ndiT

So who will City go up against in next year's Community Shield? Themselves?

Eric7C

Of course that mental fan is right. This place jizzes over everything Salah does ffs but Sterling barely gets a mention. It’s all very odd. Had Liverpool won 6-0 today instead of City, there would be millions of threads about them. There’s a weird Liverpool obsession these days whereas no one really seems to care about City, who are the better team.
Because:
1. The media are full of ex-Liverpool players.
2. City are a plastic club with plastic riches.
3. Liverpool are United's main rivals.

always_hoping

Man Citys cup draws this season:

League Cup:

Oxford Utd
Fulham
Leicester
Burton Albion
Chelsea (Final)

FA Cup:

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford (Final)

UEFA Champions League:

Lyon Shakhtar Hoffenheim (group stage)

Schalke (round 2)
Tottenham (quarter final)

Not too many challenging ties there and when they sit down to watch the Champions league final they will know they got knocked out by a team that should never be beating them...

Irrational.

Man Citys cup draws this season:

League Cup:

Oxford Utd
Fulham
Leicester
Burton Albion
Chelsea (Final)

FA Cup:

Rotherham
Burnley
Newport County
Swansea
Brighton
Watford (Final)

UEFA Champions League:

Lyon Shakhtar Hoffenheim (group stage)

Schalke (round 2)
Tottenham (quarter final)

Not too many challenging ties there and when they sit down to watch the Champions league final they will know they got knocked out by a team that should never be beating them...
That FA Cup run :lol::lol:

croadyman

Pep looks bored with it all. Maybe he'll walk away again
Wish he would but there is no chance of that happening whilst they still haven't won the champions league, maybe after that happens it is a possibility, however under no circumstances do I ever want them to win the proper quadruple ever

croadyman

So we also did the treble in 94 and 2008. The treble treble.
Should have been the quadruple then in 94 if Eric and Schmeichel hadn't been suspended

2008 we were so damn unlucky with that quarter final against Pompey that saw Rio have to go in goal for their crucial winning penalty earnt by ex scouser Baros if memory serves me right.

Bearded One

My thoughts:

Wolves would have put up a real fight. Its a shame they lost out.

We could do with a De Bruyne right now in our team. See the way he changed the game when he came on. Makes you wonder if Liverpool would be that close to them in the league if he was available for much of the campaign.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wow, didn't watch the game but also didn't expect this level of bitterness.

Hughes35

City were awesome. Pains me to say it but they are seriously good.

I was skeptical of Pep when he came to the league but it's now time to eat my words. He's the real deal and I don't see how people can now argue that.

If we'd have got pep instead of City we'd now have another title or two.

minh_loc_xoay

Once again, if we swap Pep and Mourinho to City/United in that fateful summer...
Pep would have walked out in the very first summer when he discovers how inept Woodward and the Glazers were. And Mourinho would have won back-to-back treble with how great City's structure is organized. Mourinho was a fighter and he wanted to prove something at Manchester United while I don't think Pep would have such patience for our board.

MrEleson

City were awesome. Pains me to say it but they are seriously good.

I was skeptical of Pep when he came to the league but it's now time to eat my words. He's the real deal and I don't see how people can now argue that.

It’s difficult to say how well the club would have done under Pep (probably not worse than it is now) as he’d have more work under his belt. He’d still have guys like schneiderlein, Fellaini, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, past it Rooney, Young, etc left over from the previous tenures to deal with. It would be a lot more work to revolutionise the squad and get them playing his brand of football.

The stars really aligned for him at City as the core players that he relies so heavily on were already there when he arrived (De Bruyne, D.Silva, Aguero, Sterling, Fernandinho, Kompany). Even then he still had a tough first season.

It’s difficult to say how well the club would have done under Pep (probably not worse than it is now) as he’d have more work under his belt. He’d still have guys like schneiderlein, Fellaini, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, past it Rooney, Young, etc left over from the previous tenures to deal with. It would be a lot more work to revolutionise the squad and get them playing his brand of football.

The stars really aligned for him at City as the core players that he relies so heavily on were already there when he arrived (De Bruyne, D.Silva, Aguero, Sterling, Fernandinho, Kompany). Even then he still had a tough first season.
He's made Agureo, Kompany, D Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling all better players and they were already amongst the best players in the league anyway!

Pep has a clear vision of how his tems play and the players required to do that. He quickly got rid of players who couldn't fit his style.

Unied seem have tried to get the same dud players to fit the various systems our various managers have tried. The squad we have could really cope with what Van Gaal or Mourinho were trying to implement. This club took too long to refresh the squad and subsequently we've been left behind.

Can't see anyone else winning the league while Pep is at City. Hopefully City's dominance is the kick up the arse United's heirarchy need and the major squad issues are addressed quickly.

Hughes35

Once again, if we swap Pep and Mourinho to City/United in that fateful summer...
Pep would have walked out in the very first summer when he discovers how inept Woodward and the Glazers were. And Mourinho would have won back-to-back treble with how great City's structure is organized. Mourinho was a fighter and he wanted to prove something at Manchester United while I don't think Pep would have such patience for our board.
I disagree to be honest. In theory we could have signed players like Gundogan, B.Silva, Laporte, Walker, Sane, Jesus, Mahrez and Stones instead of Matic, Mkhitaryan, Lindelof, Lukaku, Fred and Bailly. We'd have been right in the mix for honours.

Needham

Always amuses me when the cameras focus on a proper original loyally-supported-through-the-shitty years City fan in the crowd winning trophies and tournaments at Wembley and the like. Even after a few years dominance, they still look like a disbelieving tramp at an aristocrat's wedding reception.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I seriously think being short is an advantage in football. Messi, Maradona, Pele, Shaqiri.
Statistically, City is the shortest team in the league according to WS.
Short players are quicker over the first 3-4 steps than taller players. That’s why they typically win the most second balls.

Short players are also usually better at dribbling in tight spaces and ball retention.

Treble

Short players are quicker over the first 3-4 steps than taller players. That’s why they typically win the most second balls.

Short players are also usually better at dribbling in tight spaces and ball retention.
Many on here are in denial about that. I tried to explain it several times questioning Mourinho's policy to build a team of giants.

Last edited:

CognitiveNeuro

Anyone ever realized that Guardiola's teams are usually shorter than average? Wasn't his Barcelona full of really short players? Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Alves etc?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Well his Bayern team was not short but thats normal for a german team. Its not exactly delibarately but Guardiola is using one basic Cruyff rule - the preference for technical ability over physicality..

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Anyone ever realized that Guardiola's teams are usually shorter than average? Wasn't his Barcelona full of really short players? Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Alves etc?
Our team was so full of midgets back then that it became a meme.

Messi, Villa, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, and Mascherano were all 5’9 or shorter.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Many on here are in denial about that. I tried to explain it several times questioning Mourinho's policy to build a team of giants.
If you want to play possession football, shorter players are more far preferable because of the natural advantages that come with being short, especially for midfielders.

But Mourinho never wanted to play possession football.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool.

If the team that wins the premier league wins the fa cup too, they play the league runners up.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. :)

Looking forward to it.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
City far to good for Watford no shame in that for them, thought they gave it a good go to be fair.

A lot of these posts here come across as bitter and this forum is brilliant usually for separating salty from opinion but on this not much difference. City far to good and players moved the ball to quick for them. They’ve done it for against better teams before and it won’t be the last
You guys are really good.

But this forum has just seen United beaten by Cardiff and fail to beat Huddersfield in recent weeks. United and City aren't even in the same league (quality wise) so the bitterness is understandable. It's similar to how Liverpool fans reacted to United when their own era ended.

Full bodied red

So who will City go up against in next year's Community Shield? Themselves?

That might be a good idea.

Actually, their squad is good enough to have two City teams and 22 internationals on the pitch playing each other and still show us how to move the ball quickly and simply instead of the way we fart around with sideways passing, crosses hitting defenders shins, and getting disposessed because our lot seem incapable of making a first time pass.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Always amuses me when the cameras focus on a proper original loyally-supported-through-the-shitty years City fan in the crowd winning trophies and tournaments at Wembley and the like. Even after a few years dominance, they still look like a disbelieving tramp at an aristocrat's wedding reception.
That's brilliant, I'm going to start using that because it's bloody true