FA Cup Final: United v City

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
United play Fulham at home and City go to Brentford 6 days before the FA Cup final. City then potentially have to play Inter/AC Milan in the UCL final in Istanbul 6 days later.
Alright, thanks

Matson

Wish it was Brighton vs City as they would have a better chance at stopping the scum from winning the treble. White text
I can't understand this nonsense talk. We are very much capable of beating city again this season if we play our best.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Have there ever been two bald managers facing off in the fa cup final?
Surely history being made here. There will come a time where we struggle to remember a final where the managers weren't bald.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This game is going to be massive. The hype is going to be through the roof. Not sure if my nerves will be able to take it?

daveskimufc

If that back four can play together for the next few weeks we've a chance. Please don't give Maguire a way back!

Kaos

Can't remember the last time we went into a final where we felt like massive underdogs. It might suit us though.

ForeverRed1

Hopefully we can rest some players for Fulham game and play some players who we might need to get everyone sharp.

The Dane

City is probably the best team in the world right now but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise in the world if Arsenal beat them on Wednesday and Real Madrid knock them out of the CL. The same way we have a decent chance of taking the FA cup from them. We are not favourites but we still have a team who this season have beaten City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Barcelona.

Chief123

What is the date for this final?
3rd June.

I do wonder whether City will play their strongest lineup considering they could have the biggest game in their history of just a week later on 10th June! It would have been handy if the UCL final was on a Wednesday like it used to be meaning it was only 3 days later.

crossy1686

career ending
At least we get a say in stopping City’s treble now. I hope to god it’s not down to us to prevent it though. If we get some players back from injury we’ll win this.

Zen

Can't wait until Maguire and De Gea shut out Haaland on their farewells. I am going to love it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm so scared, so scared. More than you know it

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think theyll be shit scared of us and we will do them. Cannot wait.

Siorac

Can't remember the last time we went into a final where we felt like massive underdogs. It might suit us though.
Barcelona 2011, probably.

I hope we can somehow keep it under four. There should be no pressure on our players and City will likely have to conserve energy for the CL final so that should keep it from being too horrible.

ScholesyTheWise

This one will be played before the CL final (should City get there), and before the league will be over, right?
This is what bugs me.

While they're the better team, I don't think it's that clear-cut that they beat us in a cup final.

But, because they'll have a shot at the Trebele, I don't trust our players to be able to match City's intensity and motivation for it.
I expect them to put this tiny bit of effort more than we do, and that might be problematic because it's supposed to be our 'weapon', so to speak.

Anyways, feck them. I like the fact that people expect us to lose.

Kaos

Barcelona 2011, probably.

I hope we can somehow keep it under four. There should be no pressure on our players and City will likely have to conserve energy for the CL final so that should keep it from being too horrible.
Thought someone would mention that, yeah we were slight underdogs but the gap wasn't as big as it is now. We went to that final as English champions with a squad filled with world class players, a world class manager and a knack for winning. This is a very different United up against one of the strongest PL sides of all time. Us winning would be a massive upset.

hp88

It's going it be chaos regardless of what time we play but surely this has to be an early KO now?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I’m looking forward to it… if it was next up then we’d smash you but there’s a lot that can change between now and then in the form table. Nothing to worry about just yet.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If the United fans can get up for it and make it feel like a home tie, I think we have a chance. Need the team to play with that Old Trafford swagger.

Theonas

Scout
Thought someone would mention that, yeah we were slight underdogs but the gap wasn't as big as it is now. We went to that final as English champions with a squad filled with world class players, a world class manager and a knack for winning. This is a very different United up against one of the strongest PL sides of all time. Us winning would be a massive upset.
That's not memory of that final at all. In 2009, that was the case, we even went as favorites as that was Pep's first season there. But in 2011, we were widely seen to be in decline having replaced Ronaldo with Valencia and having had a relatively easy run to the CL final. Barcelona were at their peak back then, their best version really with Messi at his very best. That's why it was a shock to many that we started with what looked like a 4-4-2 with a midfield of Carrick, Giggs, Park and Valencia and Chicharito with Rooney up top. Vida and Rio were getting slower, something Sir Alex admitted later that he couldn't compete with that Barcelona side without more dynamic defenders to play a higher line, hence his investment in Jones and Smalling (I know... but he really said that in the aftermath). By the standards we set in Ronaldo's time, that was a significantly weaker team coming up what was already seen as the best team of generations.

RopersReturn

Being the underdog does have some advantages, City will have more pressure to succeed winning the treble, and hopefully they’ll be shattered after playing Real in the semifinals.

mu4c_20le

I’m looking forward to it… if it was next up then we’d smash you but there’s a lot that can change between now and then in the form table. Nothing to worry about just yet.
Loving the humility from our resident blues

Siorac

Weeeell... maybe the gap wasn't as big as it is now but it was still pretty fecking massive.

Van der Sar, Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Hernandez

That was the starting XI that night and while it's a decent, strong team, I wouldn't fancy it against this City side. And it looked much weaker than the Barcelona XI.

At least there's no Messi this time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hope we crumble their treble dream!

Paul_Scholes18

This will at least be a fun end. Could be pain, but a win would make me so happy haha.

I can't remember us beating Liverpool or City in a final for a long time. We have lost though.