FA Cup Final: United v City

Bertie Wooster

Shame it's against City, so we start as underdogs, but just delighted that our challenge for trophies will go down to the final game of the season.

Which is what this group of players deserve with the effort they've put into the season. It would have been a huge shame if we'd got knocked out of both cups in the space of 3 days and just had the 'top 4 battle' left. This season deserved the challenge for trophies to go on right to the end so delighted we've kept that opportunity alive.

Edwards6

This one will be played before the CL final (should City get there), and before the league will be over, right?
This is what bugs me.

While they're the better team, I don't think it's that clear-cut that they beat us in a cup final.

But, because they'll have a shot at the Trebele, I don't trust our players to be able to match City's intensity and motivation for it.
I expect them to put this tiny bit of effort more than we do, and that might be problematic because it's supposed to be our 'weapon', so to speak.

Anyways, feck them. I like the fact that people expect us to lose.
If they're on for the treble I'm just glad we made the final so we've got a chance to stop them, that should be motivation for us. Obviously they'll be favourites but at least we've got the chance to beat them now and stop the treble instead of relying on others to do it

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Some of you lot are absolutely shameless pussies.

‘oh pweese Ciddy, don’t beat our widdle Man United too bad.’

We beat them 3 months ago FFS. Sure we’re underdogs, but equally Manchester United winning the FA Cup would not be a huge fecking earth shattering upset either. Put your damn pants on.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I’d cash out if you can :lol:
Haha tell me about it. £250 or there abouts. But its all stemmed from a free £1 bet which i got to £92 (ironically Haaland scoring twice inside the box vs Leeds at 6/1 got me £92) and i threw it all on us to win the cup at longish odds. Im just gonna let it run i think.

fallengt

Another title in the bag. Weghorst hattrick, Pep resign incoming.
How can City even compete? United's Carabao cup winner afterall

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Barcelona 2011, probably.

I hope we can somehow keep it under four. There should be no pressure on our players and City will likely have to conserve energy for the CL final so that should keep it from being too horrible.
Get a grip Jesus Christ.

Sweet Square

We beat them 3 months ago FFS. Sure we’re underdogs, but equally Manchester United winning the FA Cup would not be a huge fecking earth shattering upset either. Put your damn pants on.

Irwin99

Can't understand the massive pessimism here. Yes City are a really good team but EtH has beaten City once already and i don't think the tactics will be too dissimilar to some of the victories we've had over City under EtH, Ole and Jose: cede possession, hit on the counter with lethal precision and defend well. We might even have Varane back for the game.

Also plenty of games left to get some players match fit (Martial, Rashford, Casemiro, Eriksen) and maybe some back, Garnacho, Varane etc.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hope we get top 4 done early so we can rest some players for the last few PL games or so.

bosskeano

just thankfully we get 7 or 8 days of recovery time between the end of the season and this match....we should actually be rested and fully prepared to play

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We've been hammered in our two biggest rival matches against City and Liverpool but we've shown that we can beat these teams too.

It's a final and anything can happen.

Hopefully our team is as fit as can be and focused to protect our legacy and also Pep tries to be too clever and puts out a random team with an idiotic formation.

colombianmancunian

This! We already defeated them, we can do it again.

And treble? Madrid will stop the b.ald f.raud and his majin buu.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Prefer to play the final and get hammered than sit on the sidelines and pray for minnows like Brighton to protect our pride as a football institution.

Obviously, it won't be pleasant if we do get hammered (or just lose) but sport is all about jeopardy and overcoming it to reap the big rewards.

Let's hope we can wrap top 4 soon enough and build towards this with some well-deserved rest for our key players.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Having gone through that refereeing performance, if the ref gives us the same treatment that was afforded to Brighton as a form of compensation, I'm all in.

croadyman

Made the most of being at semi final because won't be going to the final. I haven't put in the hard yards across season so rightly don't deserve a ticket. Hopefully my time will come to attend a domestic cup final but not this year.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Isn’t the CL final usually played on this weekend? This is usually played sooner isn’t it?

Abhinav

Hopefully, we play our front three into form over the next few weeks and we can hurt them on the counter. We start as underdogs but are fairly capable of beating them in a one-off final. Either way, its something to look forward to and well done to the players & Manager for getting us there.

pauldyson1uk

Let the City players and fan read this, they will think its already in the bag, GOOD !
You would already think its going to be the most one sided Final ever.
Personally I think it will be a close game, form goes out of the window in Derby's and FA Cup Finals, we only have PL games left now, get some of the injuied players back , get the ones carring niggles fully fit and I think we have a fair chance.
OK the semi was not brillant but FFS we won it and thats what matters, I will take the same again in the Final.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Has to be absolute best show of the season. Everyone needs to be on it, no passengers.

Simple as that really. Anything less and it's comfortable for City.

If these want to show they've pressed on and developed an actual back bone, this is the test. A Manchester derby final.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Has to be absolute best show of the season. Everyone needs to be on it, no passengers.

Simple as that really. Anything less and it's comfortable for City.

If these want to show they've pressed on and developed an actual back bone, this is the test. A Manchester derby final.
recent history has showed that we don’t usually have all players performing at a high level in any single game. We win in moments and patches with the occasional concerted performance but we don’t impose ourselves or take any game by the scruff

I don’t see this changing in the FA Cup final

ROFLUTION

De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Lindelof - Shaw
Bruno - Casemiro - Fred
Antony - - - - - - - - Rashford
Martial​

Honestly not a start 11 that far from City's. What I fear the most is personal errors, as they'll exploit them instantly. De Bruyne and Silva need to be controlled, if we can do that, then we can shut the play to Haaland a bit and then we have a decent chance. I'd play Fred instead of Eriksen for that reason alone.

cyberman

Shaw had Haaland in his pocket last time around, he 100 percent starts at CB

Real Name

Barcelona 2011, probably.

I hope we can somehow keep it under four. There should be no pressure on our players and City will likely have to conserve energy for the CL final so that should keep it from being too horrible.
Sad state what happened to a lot of United fans.

Truly sad state.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Everyone who was hoping we lost yesterday so we didn't have to face City should be banned from this thread

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Lindelof - Shaw
Bruno - Casemiro - Fred
Antony - - - - - - - - Rashford
Martial​

Honestly not a start 11 that far from City's. What I fear the most is personal errors, as they'll exploit them instantly. De Bruyne and Silva need to be controlled, if we can do that, then we can shut the play to Haaland a bit and then we have a decent chance. I'd play Fred instead of Eriksen for that reason alone.
I'd go with this but would be tempted to bring AWB in for Dalot.

Hopefully Garnacho is fit as well and can be used off the bench.

Siorac

Sad state what happened to a lot of United fans.

Truly sad state.
To be fair, I've always been like this. I'm pessimistic when it comes to football.

And, well, over the last decade that pessimism has been reinforced massively because I usually turn out to be right :(

Conor

Why are people not including Martinez in lineups, could he not feasibly be back by June 2nd?

I am getting Liverpool 1977 vibes from this, 2-1 United, Martial early doors and a Rashford shot that deflects off Brunos belly and loops in. KDB to equalise for City at some point with a long shot