Fabio da Silva | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Whilst everyone's moaning (justifiable to an extent but way too overboard for me) I'd just like to point out that Fabio has completed 90 mins in the last two games he's played for us, long may it continue, he was good today as well.
That's him stretchered off after 5 mins on saturday then.

I'm always right

Whilst everyone's moaning (justifiable to an extent but way too overboard for me) I'd just like to point out that Fabio has completed 90 mins in the last two games he's played for us, long may it continue, he was good today as well.
that must be bollox, I reckon he switched with Rafael at HT in both games.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He looked pretty good. He was a bit restrained going forwards most of the time though. A few terrific runs that led to slips or blocked crosses, but he didn't get forward as much as I would like. He also didn't get caught out as much as Evra does.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
He looked pretty good. He was a bit restrained going forwards most of the time though. A few terrific runs that led to slips or blocked crosses, but he didn't get forward as much as I would like. He also didn't get caught out as much as Evra does.
we had a phenominal amount of possession in the first half and rarely turned it over so imo thats a reason why. However in Fabio's defence when Galati started having a bit more possession in the second he was quite conservative which fit the mould of the game.

We didnt get caught a few times which coincided with Nani either failing to track back or turnover the ball deep in our own half. Like to see him get a run of games tbh, show us the development his brother undertook when he was exposed to the same (not sure he will with Jones playing well and Smalling/Rafael due back after internationals)

Devilton

He did well considering Nani had a real stinker and gave up possession in dangerous positions more then a few times. If the lad can stay fit he can challenge Evra for that left back spot because it's clear he does have the talent to play that position.

Enjoyed that run through the heart of Otel midfield as well...too bad he didn't get a chance to put in a cross though because it deserved a goal.

Widnes

I believe he is better than Rafael when he gets a run of matches, His form towards the end of last season was fantastic and thought he had took the RB slot (atleast untill he takes Evra LB place). I know he has picked up a couple of injuries again this season but I've been really suprised that SAF hasn't semed willing to give him many chances this season when his form towards the end of last season was so good he got picked for the Champions League final. I was pretty drunk that night but if my memory serves me correct I think he was one of our better performers that night aswell.

Edmeiste

I believe he is better than Rafael when he gets a run of matches, His form towards the end of last season was fantastic and thought he had took the RB slot (atleast untill he takes Evra LB place). I know he has picked up a couple of injuries again this season but I've been really suprised that SAF hasn't semed willing to give him many chances this season when his form towards the end of last season was so good he got picked for the Champions League final. I was pretty drunk that night but if my memory serves me correct I think he was one of our better performers that night aswell.
His highlight was that one run through the Galati midfield. Had he gotten an assist from that it would have been probably the best moment of the night. He put in a solid performance and I hope that will urge SAF to play him more and provide more competition to Evra.

Skywarden

Good stuff. He'll eventually become a starter if he can keep his development up. The lad has great potential.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I have to admit I'm interested to see him given another game on the wing or in attacking midfield. Probably my favorite game last season was the FA Cup win over Arsenal, when we had a front 4 of Chicharito, Rooney, Fabio and Rafael [with Gibson and O'Shea in midfield].

It's probably not going to happen since we need LB cover and we've got wingers playing as midfielders these days they're so plentiful. His marauding style is probably best at fullback but, like Jones, his mazy runs make one wonder if he can do it in midfield.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
I don't think he had been playing that well this season, and many a times was shocking defensively. However, its evident from the end of last season that this lad has tremendous potential and hopefully it will be a boost to his confidence.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
i prfere fabio in a more forward role. i think he could be the new ji sung park!!! i think he's far better suited to that role than he is left back

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Might have something to do with a supposedly disgusting tackle made on him by a Gabon player(Haven't seen the match, so can't comment with assurance)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Is Brazil short on left backs? I can't think of any other reason why he's being picked when he's not getting that many games for us.

I rate him highly, but to get called up for your country, especially Brazil, when you're not getting regular playing time at club level strikes me as a bit strange.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Andre Santos was a regular for almost 2 years. Gilberto had a good run there as well.

Don't know why they don't simply use Maicon or Dani Alves there.

Minkaro

Fabio is just brilliant to watch. He's like a demented terrier chasing after a tennis ball. I imagine him constantly going "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME OF MY LIFE, I'M GOING UP FRONT, NOW I'M IN DEFENCE, YAY!"

As a matter of fact, I'm going to write into MUTV and demand a sitcom based around Berbatov being made to babysit the twins.

Neutral

BTV
His extra bit of pace helped to neutralize Dyer to a great extent once he came on, and made a couple of good surges forward.

Nothing new about any of this, it's only his fragile physique that is holding him back.

soulblight3r

His extra bit of pace helped to neutralize Dyer to a great extent once he came on, and made a couple of good surges forward.

Nothing new about any of this, it's only his fragile physique that is holding him back.
He seemed to have observed Dyer well while on the bench. He knew where Dyer was gonna turn etc. You could see the frustration in Dyer after a bit.

elmo

He seemed to have observed Dyer well while on the bench. He knew where Dyer was gonna turn etc. You could see the frustration in Dyer after a bit.
This. He's turning out to be a pretty good defender lately, we always known he could produce it on the attacking end as a fullback, but now he's showing his quality on the defensive end, now if only he could stop getting those niggling injuries.

Devil may care

I think he's looked a bit out of sorts when played this season, more quick to flare up like Raf. He started a bit rash when he came on today but in the end did better against Dyer than Evra had done.

Aint gota Kalou

Like his brother he's got a load of potential, it's just Fabio seems to dive in a bit more than his brother which is natural considering he's played less minutes.

The second half of last season showed what a capable player he is, it's just a matter of getting some minutes before he's back in that sort of form again.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Like his brother he's got a load of potential, it's just Fabio seems to dive in a bit more than his brother which is natural considering he's played less minutes.

The second half of last season showed what a capable player he is, it's just a matter of getting some minutes before he's back in that sort of form again.
Yeah, game time. Can picture his frustration and a certain amount of impetuousness is understandable when you're bursting for opportunities as he has been. Looked a bit more mature yesterday. Don't know was it just the haircut or has he stretched a tiny bit or lost a bit of that puppy fat, don't know, looked like a grown up. We need him.

I thought he was really good when he came on
Dyer was taken completely out of the game.

Can't wait for Rafael to be back in first team contention either

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Imagine one day we play with Rafael, Jones, Smalling and Fabio on the back, and we will see both Rafael, Fabio and Jones keep joining the attack.

Devilton

If he and his brother can keep free of injuries I can see them starting regularly next season.. Did much better then Evra yesterday against Swansea and has the potential to look better going forward as well.

Widnes

I actually think Rafael is the one who lunges in the most, after missing so much footy at the end of last year and the start of this year I think people are forgetting just how wild some of his tackles could be.

Sylar

I actually think Rafael is the one who lunges in the most, after missing so much footy at the end of last year and the start of this year I think people are forgetting just how wild some of his tackles could be.
I agree with this. Rafael used to be so rash at that (hence a few cards here and there)

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Fabio would be exciting (even if a bit suicidal)

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Our back 5 for the next 10 years:

----------De Gae--------
Rafael-Smalling-Jones-Fabio

Evans as utility defender.

wr8_utd

:'(
I agree with this. Rafael used to be so rash at that (hence a few cards here and there)

De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Fabio would be exciting (even if a bit suicidal)
Just a bit? All four love bombing forward. It could be a defensive nightmare :lol:

elmo

Thought he played pretty well today, though he showed his inexperience in giving away some needless fouls which helped Newcastle to wind the clock down.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Lasted 90 mins too, played very well and the silly fouls for me were down to the desperation to get the ball back and allow us to attack. Unfortunately it allowed Newcastle to waste time but with one of them I'm sure Demba Ba was one on one with Rio so it could be quite a clever foul in the end, great future ahead of him though undoubtedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.