Fabio da Silva | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I'd like to see at LB more from now on, he's a bit more measured than his bro but he was one of our better players in the CL final and deserves a chance to build on that, Evra needs competition.

Widnes

I'd like to see at LB more from now on, he's a bit more measured than his bro but he was one of our better players in the CL final and deserves a chance to build on that, Evra needs competition.
hopefully if he can keep his fitness he mill make the position his own because evra is becoming a liability defensively.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'd thrown Fabio in as of now. The defensive frailties of Evra are now too concerning to ignore, and Fabio will contribute similarly going forward.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fabio blames Suarez | Sky Sports

I like what I'm hearing. ;)

With Evra being rested for the Europa league tie tonight I'd like to see Fabio started at left full back. There's an argument that with the way Patrice's form has been lately Fabio should be starting more anyways. I think he deserves an opportunity to remind us what he's capable of this evening.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
His positioning and anticipation was spot on tonight, overplayed it a few times in possession but he's very good.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Thought he was our best player in the first half, wasn't that good in the second half but still very promising performance though.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't think the twins talents have ever been in question, just their ability to stay fit. Hopefully they can both do so for the run in, Fabio in particular so we don't have to use Evra for the Europa games.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Very good and would like to see him given more game time as long as he's fit. That's why Rafael is so immense, he was lucky with injuries for an extended run and went on to become one of the league's best RBs. Fabio is supposed to be the more talented one, and he is so good at attacking that he can easily surpass Evra's best seasons for us.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
His positioning and anticipation was spot on tonight, overplayed it a few times in possession but he's very good.
Agree!

All he needs is more minutes then he will catch up with his brother. Probably future replacement for Evra if this continue. .

Shimo

I think we can stop with the Fabio is supposed to be the more talented one. 4 years ago, when they first came here, Fabio maybe held the edge but, that has probably gone out the window. That recent interview in the Rafael thread even mentioned that Rafael probably has an advantage now in having bulked up a bit more.

Think Fabio will do just fine and will probably match Rafael but, wouldn't expect him to be the better of the two simply because when they first came 1 was rated a bit higher.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I think we can stop with the Fabio is supposed to be the more talented one. 4 years ago, when they first came here, Fabio maybe held the edge but, that has probably gone out the window. That recent interview in the Rafael thread even mentioned that Rafael probably has an advantage now in having bulked up a bit more.

Think Fabio will do just fine and will probably match Rafael but, wouldn't expect him to be the better of the two simply because when they first came 1 was rated a bit higher.
I think that Fabio won the Golden Shoe in the World Cup or Copa America U15's, yes from the left back position too. He was also Captain if I remember correctly.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I think he's more measured in his approach than Rafael, a better reader of the game. He's not as rash, and probably a better defender.

Rafael probably holds the attacking edge, but I still think Fabio's performance today was better than we've seen from Evra these last few weeks - albeit against slightly inferior opposition.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few matches, give Evra a rest and also a nudge to show him that competition is here.

Aint gota Kalou

Fabio is just a skinnier and slightly less mental version of his brother. This has its advantages and disadvantages.

sidsutton

I think he's more measured in his approach than Rafael, a better reader of the game, and a better reader of the game. He's not as rash, and probably a better defender.
probably a better reader of the game, too, Surprised you didn't mention it.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I think that Fabio won the Golden Shoe in the World Cup or Copa America U15's, yes from the left back position too. He was also Captain if I remember correctly.
Mmm that was when i followed football a lot more closely, and he was scoring goals for fun. i wish i can still find the clips. he scored from outside the box, a free kick, and a header in one game. he is a natural predator when he's near the box, he has that attacking instinct and seems to be more influential on the pitch than his brother back then.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

I really hope so, but i suspect in 15 years time people will still ignore every first team game they've played in and point to the U17 tournament that Fabio outshone Rafael in.

Don't get me wrong, i love the 2 of them, but its ridiculous that people still claim Fabio to be the more talented one based on their performances in one U17 tournament.

He needs to play more often. His positioning has improved tremendously and we all can see how tightly the twins mark their opponents. They may draw fouls but they make themselves a nuisance to shake off. When he's fit and available we don't need to burn out Evra so much as he's proving he's a capable replacement.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
on a sidenote... Does anyone know how many games they've actually played together for us? I feel like the number is probably pretty low!

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
I stand to be corrected but from memory the number of games that both have started and completed together could be counted on one hand. I would guess 3
Yeah I only really remember the game when they were in midfield against Arsenal in the FA Cup. Amazing how little they've played together, although Evra and injures are the quick explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.