Fabio da Silva | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralaks

Apart from the few needless fouls he was decent I thought, definately refreshing to see him almost finish a match.

Just needs to mature on the pitch, get some experience of when to not go in, but that'll come with time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agree. Apart from the silly fouls he was very good. Superb going forwards I thought. His running ability gives us a great outlet IMO.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
From what I remember of Rafael, Fabio seems a lot more comfortable running at people and much like his brother has shown improvement every game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
From what I remember of Rafael, Fabio seems a lot more comfortable running at people and much like his brother has shown improvement every game.
:confused:

Rafael>Fabio.

Ralaks

Can't wait for Rafael to get back properly, would love to see them start together.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
:confused:

Rafael>Fabio.
Ah yeah, don't disagree with this at all, but it will be interesting what happens once Fabio gets some more games under his belt. Rafael has been out a while, lets not forget Fabio was quite impressive in the Champions League Final, one of very few of our players who did themselves justice.

For the injuries Fabio has had and the lack of games in comparison to Rafael he is very impressive on the ball, and looks quite mature in his possesion.

Rafael is amazing at running at people.
I know he is, but I think Fabio looks a bit more natural with the ball, if that makes any sense?

Ralaks

Evra seems to have gotten his shit worked out though, he's playing much better now as compared to the start of the season.
Definately, I still feel left wanting a bit when seeing him play nowadays, perhaps that is only because he set his standards so high before in his career.

That being said, he was great offensively today, got schooled a bit by Obertan though.

I kinda feel Fabio would've matched the speed of Obertan better.

Justin

Rafael seems a bit faster and stronger than Fabio. Fabio has more skills though.
Fabio is meant to the be more talented player, he's only physically weak because of his injuries and Rafael's comparatively injury-free start

Skywarden

Great display overall. Those powerful bursts into the heart of their defences are lovely to watch - when he doesn't get stuck on the forwards.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
In sick of hearing this. Maybe when we signed them but even that seemed to be only on the back of who played better at an U17 tournament.
Rafael plays at right back. Fabio play at left and right back. Ergo, more talented. Problem?

I'm always right

Rafael plays at right back. Fabio play at left and right back. Ergo, more talented. Problem?
Obviously a piss take as you'd then be considering JOS as better than Paul Scholes, but.... I'm pretty sure Rafael can do left back too, just that he hasn't been given chance.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Should have been sent off today.

Overall I was very pleased with his performance. Should have scored though.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think that chance Fabio missed he basically started, he's coming on nicely and when we get rafael back things will get better still. He looked v good in the last reserve outting. I think people maybe harsh on Evra today, Obertan is quick AND skillful.. He would cause a fair few defenders problems.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
In sick of hearing this. Maybe when we signed them but even that seemed to be only on the back of who played better at an U17 tournament.
True.

Its a bit like people going on about Phil Neville being the more talented Neville some 4-5 years into their careers.

I wonder if the same thing will happen to Rafa/bio.

Perhaps Fabio's versatility could be his downfall in the same way that Phil was played in a whole host of positions. Whereas Gary probably benefited from playing just one position mainly in whole career.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I thought they were both married now?

Neutral

BTV
No one watching the special on the twins on MUTV?

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/09/watch-mutv-live-manchester-united-fc-online-mutv-stream-free/

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Players cannot improve after they turn 16.

Fabio would make a great central midfielder. I would play Anderson at left back and Fabio in centre midfield with Norwood.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
No one watching the special on the twins on MUTV?

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/09/watch-mutv-live-manchester-united-fc-online-mutv-stream-free/
Do not open this link people. I got a virus through it.

Neutral, please take the link down.

Status
Not open for further replies.