Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral

BTV
Fullbacks at Rangers:

Traore - quick, but crap
Connolly - crap
Luke Young - serviceable, but he turns 33 in 3 weeks time
Nedum Onuoha - primarily a CB, but can do a job at fullback

So looking at things...Fabio is in with a shot at playing on the right or left side.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
He is much better than that shower of shite. Just hope he doesn't pick up injuries and gets a lot of games

humdinger

Happier he is staying in this league than going to Portugal but would much rather he stay with us and get more games. Especially if we end up forking out several million for Baines, who may show himself to be a really good player if he signs for us and provides welcome competition for Evra but I'd rather see fabio given that chance. Just seems a baffling choice of transfer. We seem to spend way too much money on good but not top notch squad players.

Aint gota Kalou

I love it when our players are loaned to other clubs in the league, actually makes me watch out for their games when usually I couldn't care less.

I think he'll get plenty of games, whether it's at RB, LB or possibly even midfield if they're desperate.

Unam333

Why do they tell him to hold the QPR scarf? He's on loan, not a real signing by the club. It looks really forced.

He doesn't look thrilled. Hopefully he gets his chances there.

finneh

I was saying to my Villa supporting mate a few weeks ago that he'd be a great loan signing for them. After letting Cuellar go he'd only be in competition with Lichaj and Hutton. Shame really, I think he'd have been a better fit with less distractions at Villa.

mufcwarm92

I agree, and you'd probably think the worst is behind Villa after that shocking season with a change of manager and probably a couple of new faces.

Hans Moleman

Given what happened to the last person we sent on loan to QPR, this doesn't bode well...
Stupid assessment of the situation. Macheda has never lived up to any of the hype foisted upon him after 1 good goal and got overtaken by other players who took their chances. He was signed on loan by one manager who then left, and found himself unwanted and behind lots of new signings.

Fabio has an impossible task displacing Evra and a whole plethora of other candidates for right back, but has actually had a great spell in the first team before. He'll be one of QPR's better fullbacks and his versatility means plenty of chances, plus he was actually wanted by this manager.

RedMist99

Potential gold mine for fantasy football this season?

Cheap, likely to play most games and be involved far up the pitch for a defender. Only downside is the amount that QPR are likely to concede

Grande

Glad to see him on loan to get games, just not if it means were wasting money on Baines.
I'll put my motorcycle on it: fergie sees that evra is on the wane as a first choice and probably will not be a good Option as a cover up in two years time neither. He does not trust Fabio to play 20+games with his lack of consistency and development. So he must, and will, get in a proven player. He wont toss out Evra at once, to see if new player fits in and how evra reacts to challenge. (he did exactly this with heinze/evra). So Fabio has to go on loan to develop. In a year or two, evra will be laid of unless he grows to the task, and if fabio has come good, he'll come in to challenge new player. If not, fryers or similar will be considered as understudy, if he's deemed to inconsistent, new young player will be aquired. As I said, my motorcycle.
I should say I have no motorcycle.

roseguy64

I'll put my motorcycle on it: fergie sees that evra is on the wane as a first choice and probably will not be a good Option as a cover up in two years time neither. He does not trust Fabio to play 20+games with his lack of consistency and development. So he must, and will, get in a proven player. He wont toss out Evra at once, to see if new player fits in and how evra reacts to challenge. (he did exactly this with heinze/evra). So Fabio has to go on loan to develop. In a year or two, evra will be laid of unless he grows to the task, and if fabio has come good, he'll come in to challenge new player. If not, fryers or similar will be considered as understudy, if he's deemed to inconsistent, new young player will be aquired. As I said, my motorcycle.
I should say I have no motorcycle.
This is how I read it too.

I also have no motorcyle.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He came on at half time.

Park was captain :)

JakeC

He also played as a right back.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I tried looking on a couple of QPR forums but it seems that a lot of QPR fans weren't able to watch it due to streaming problems.

He did play at right back in the second half but I imagine over the course of the season he'll play in a few different positions.

JakeC

He assisted the last goal with a good defense splitting pass.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Potential gold mine for fantasy football this season?

Cheap, likely to play most games and be involved far up the pitch for a defender. Only downside is the amount that QPR are likely to concede

The downside is his injury record mate. You can make allowances for a while, but I think he's been sent out to prove whether he can put in a full season or not. He would undoubtedly save us an expensive transfer if he can.

As for fantasy, I'll watch pre-season.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
How was he today? Did anyone see the game? I just saw the goals and noticed Michu coming in from his side to score/create the goals, but I am not sure.
I know his team was horrible, so he would not have covered himself in glory, but were there are blunders from him?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I imagine any bad performences can be chalked up to not playing much competitive football this last 12 months, he'll find himself over the course of the season.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I imagine any bad performences can be chalked up to not playing much competitive football this last 12 months, he'll find himself over the course of the season.
Well, what if hughes does not give him a run of games cause of the pressure on hughes himself. don't want a repeat of Rossi's loan to Newcastle.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Well, what if hughes does not give him a run of games cause of the pressure on hughes himself. don't want a repeat of Rossi's loan to Newcastle.
What if he gets hit by a bus ?

Hughes knew his situation when he took him on board, results like this tend to happen at the start of the season, it'll be a wake up call.

JakeC

They can harldy blame Fabio on the loss!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
-3 on the Sky fantasy football scores, same as Agger who got sent-off - so probably not too good :rolleyes:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
-3 on the Sky fantasy football scores, same as Agger who got sent-off - so probably not too good :rolleyes:
I had both those muppets in my team too! Doomed already...

Haven't seen any highlights but I just hope he keeps his place in the team after this. If Hughes starts to feel pressurised it'd be a natural thing to do to bench Fabio for some big British lump of a full-back - he looks a very talented footballer but hasn't ever really looked a natural in any position like Rafael has at right back on his better days.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Probably difficult to judge when QPR had a collective shocker.

You can certainly look at him for 3 of the goals and think "should have done better" though.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He lasted 70 minutes or so before his usual injury but those two and Rio were at least one level above him in that game.

Hopefully QPR stick with him.
Well you'd expect those three to perform to a higher level, for his experience Fabio did very well against a fantastic Barca side.

Status
Not open for further replies.