Fabio Red Card

Sorry mate, absolute horseshit that

Solskjaer was with a few minutes to go, with United defending a result

His 'sacrifice' tonight left United with ten men for 60 minutes, and the game was tied! It could well have been another 30 on top of that had it stayed that way. You don't 'sacrifice' yourself in those circumstances, and he didn't
I agree, but hold up a min. Are you insinuating I approved of his decision? Because i didnt. I know the 'context' of his actions were not directly related to the situation Solskjaer was in. I was merely making the point that Fabio also chose to take the player out rather than let him go through on goal. He may have foolishly believed he was sacrificing himself but we knew it was the wrong decision. He got lucky that the team didnt allow this setback to stop us.

RK

He probably knew that the forward would've scored, and we'd play better with 10 men.

Worked out alright, I'll give him the benefit.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Thing is he tried to get back and make the tackle. But then he stumbled and decided to bring him down. I don't think his thought as he was running back was to commit a fould - like Ole's was.

I was actually amazed how quick he was - absolute lightning!

dev1l

Fabio didn't do anything too wrong. I was nearly glad to see him do it as it at least proves he has natural defensive instincts.
I disagree. If it was in the 80th Minute and you re leading 1-0 or 0-0, it made sense but not after just 30 mins, leaving the team with 10 players for more than an hour.

I think it was all about inexperience.

Don t take me wrong, I m not saying that Fabio will not develop as a good player, but he s far from ready at the moment

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
If Evra gets injured and we find ourselves needing a left back during that period, we can use Fabio and pretend it's Rafael.
In all seriousness, how could anyone prevent us from doing this?!?!

B Cantona

Desperate
I agree, but hold up a min. Are you insinuating I approved of his decision? Because i didnt. I know the 'context' of his actions were not directly related to the situation Solskjaer was in. I was merely making the point that Fabio also chose to take the player out rather than let him go through on goal. He may have foolishly believed he was sacrificing himself but we knew it was the wrong decision. He got lucky that the team didnt allow this setback to stop us.
I'm insinuating he didn't sacrifice himself in the slightest. He knew he was in trouble, and tried to make it look like an accidental collision. With a bit more experience, he'll know just let the guy through. Even if he scores we have 60 minutes to come back. Playing that long plus the potential on extra time with ten men is not beneficial to the team in the slightest. As it turned out on the night, it didn't matter

So not only context, but the act itself was nothing like Ole's

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I disagree. If it was in the 80th Minute and you re leading 1-0 or 0-0, it made sense but not after just 30 mins, leaving the team with 10 players for more than an hour.

Don t take me wrong, I m not saying that Fabio will not develop as a good player, but he s far from ready at the moment
Do you think in that split second the boy was thinking, 'it's 30 minutes gone?'....

I doubt he was thinking of time when he lost his balance.

Your mention all this 10 men for an hour etc - players don't think like that. He didn't want the lad to score. I don't think there's much you can do once you've lost balance.

It's a split second decison. It has nothing like inexperience. It was doing what needed to be done to ensure we didn't concede.

A player cannot do all this analysis in a split second. What is the alternative? Lie on the floor, don't get up and hope? What if he let him go on and score? Wouldn't people say, why did he do that?...

He was simply unlucky to find himself in a situation where there was only going to be one outcome. He was grossly exposed.

If he was properly balanced, i'm sure he'd have been confident in a race. His sending off was a result of poor protection from the midfield. We were wide open once Brown lost the ball

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
He knew exactly what he was doing and good on him. Atleast we are not 1-0 down. We are fine with 10 men. Look at the spurs game. The wolves players will get tired in the 2nd half. No match for us.

Remember this.
Thats the first thing I thought of. One of my favourite memories of Ole. That man would do anything for United :devil:

Fabio should be praised for doing all he could to prevent a goal. If United had of went one nil down then Wolves probably would of shut up shop & we would of found it difficult to get back into the game. So I hail the little fella for doing what he did!

Laphroaig

Paul Doyle on Football Weekly thinks it was shameful that the United fans applauded Fabio as he left the pitch. It is shameful to show an unlucky and heartbroken kid some support. Paul Doyle.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
You cannot begin to compare Solskjaer's with Fabio's.

Fabio slipped, for a start. Upon trying to get up he continued to struggle and then threw out a desperate arm. I don't believe it was calculated and I don't believe he thought he needed to take one for the team on the half hour. He put everyone under pressure for an hour and handed over a decent first team chance for himself.

It worked out well, but this was not a conscious decision, I'm sorry.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Paul Doyle on Football Weekly thinks it was shameful that the United fans applauded Fabio as he left the pitch. It is shameful to show an unlucky and heartbroken kid some support. Paul Doyle.
Paul Doyle is an idiot who has predicted that United will not finish in the top four. A prediction which James Richardson keeps remind him off and I keep getting the impression Doyle cringes everytime he hears it.

Anyway I am surprised people are continually comparing what Fabio did yesterday to what Solskjaer did. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd much rather we were 1-0 down, 11 men and 60 minutes on the clock than it being 0-0, man down and an hour still to play. Ole took one for the team late on when we couldn't rectify anything, Fabio made a youthful mistake.

Name Changed

weso26

But my point was that he showed a natural defensive instinct that some thought he didn't have, even if he should've considered it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You cannot begin to compare Solskjaer's with Fabio's.

Fabio slipped, for a start. Upon trying to get up he continued to struggle and then threw out a desperate arm. I don't believe it was calculated and I don't believe he thought he needed to take one for the team on the half hour. He put everyone under pressure for an hour and handed over a decent first team chance for himself.

It worked out well, but this was not a conscious decision, I'm sorry.
It obviously wasn't deliberate in the sense that he was planning on doing it as he was running back. Would have been stupid if it was, as he had the speed to easily win it fairly. But once he slipped over he realised he wouldn't be able to win it, so he had a split second decision to make. Did he make the wrong one? Probably, but he didn't exactly have time to weigh up the pros and cons.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Paul Doyle is an idiot who has predicted that United will not finish in the top four. A prediction which James Richardson keeps remind him off and I keep getting the impression Doyle cringes everytime he hears it.

Anyway I am surprised people are continually comparing what Fabio did yesterday to what Solskjaer did. I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd much rather we were 1-0 down, 11 men and 60 minutes on the clock than it being 0-0, man down and an hour still to play. Ole took one for the team late on when we couldn't rectify anything, Fabio made a youthful mistake.
that's debateable. Who's to say we'd have got the goal back? Who's to say they wouldn't put everyone behind the ball and look to frustrate us? As it was with 11, though we dominated the ball - we didn't really create much

For me he made a split second decision and the mistake was made higher up the pitch. There's just no way fabio should have been exposed the way he was. I say that as someone who probably would have done the same thing

Jase

Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere, but..

ManUtd.com said:
Evra's sympathy for Fabio

Patrice Evra has revealed how he consoled Fabio in the Old Trafford dressing room following the young defender's red card against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday night.

Handed a chance to shine in the Carling Cup, the Brazilian left-back lasted only half-an-hour before being dismissed for his challenge on Wolves winger Michael Kightly.

Speaking to ManUtd.com, Evra said: "It was painful for him, and it touched my heart. I went down to speak to him in the dressing room at half-time and then again at full-time, just to say, ‘It’s ok, these things happen, just carry on and look forward.’

"I love Fabio, he’s a great left-back and I think a lot of people need to trust in him. I have trust in him and I think he can be one of the best left-backs Manchester United has ever had."

Having sat out the League Cup tie, Evra will return against Stoke this weekend, while Fabio will serve a one-match ban for his offence.

prateik

evra is god .

"I love Fabio, he’s a great left-back and I think a lot of people need to trust in him. I have trust in him and I think he can be one of the best left-backs Manchester United has ever had."

and i love evra ..

championo

Top Stalker
I have noticed that Fabio and his brother are burnt on preventing you from scoring any means possible. This will not be his only red card in such a situation.

Bearded but no genius

Sorry mate, absolute horseshit that

Solskjaer was with a few minutes to go, with United defending a result

His 'sacrifice' tonight left United with ten men for 60 minutes, and the game was tied! It could well have been another 30 on top of that had it stayed that way. You don't 'sacrifice' yourself in those circumstances, and he didn't

Well to be fair, he fell over, and was giving it his best to get up in time. For me he realises he's not getting there, and tries to be clever and take the player down 'by accident'. Ref see's through it, off you go. No complaints
Is correct.

Oldham

Red cards are circles and yellow cards are rectangle now. It is for the colorblind players...