Fabregas to Barcelona!

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
This is an official confirmation of the detailed transfer figures (From Barcelona's website)..

During the official presentation of Cesc Fabregas as a new FC Barcelona player, Josep Maria Bartomeu, who accompanied the player along with the Director of Professional Football, Andoni Zubizarreta, detailed the specific figures of the player’s transfer from Arsenal. He explained that the transfer of Cesc closed at 29 million Euros, half to be paid now and the rest in September. His contract is for five years and the buyout clause has been set at 200 million Euros.

In addition there is an agreement with Arsenal that in the hypothetical case that Barça win two League titles and one Champions League title with Cesc’s participation, the English club would receive a bonus of 5 million Euros, two for each League title and one for the Champions League.

Additional effort by the player
In this regard, and after giving general thanks to "all the people from Barça who have put in effort to complete this signing" he gave special thanks to the attitude of the player. As explained by the Vice President of the Sporting Area, during the first five seasons Cesc will give up one million Euros per year, which will be paid to Arsenal. "We really have to thank Cesc for the effort he’s made to come here" he said. Along the same lines, and after pointing out that FC Barcelona’s financial limitations have been "the biggest brake" in negotiations with Arsenal, Bartomeu stressed that "the final push was given by the player".

"Reaching agreement with him was easy. He really wanted to come, but obviously Arsenal didn’t want a great player like him to leave. The negotiations began after the Champions League Final. The 29 million Euros is the figure we’ve maintained from the outset, but it’s clear that the push that Cesc gave has been very important to make his signing a reality" he added.

Relationships with Arsenal, normalized
Finally, Bartomeu confirmed that, although the signing has been a lot more complicated than initially expected, throughout the negotiations FC Barcelona has achieved "the normalisation of relationships with Arsenal.
Bartomeu: "The final push was given by the player" | FCBarcelona.cat

fatboy

So 5 mil euros in the "add-ons" is actually paid out by Fabregas himself?

Wow Barca really got a good deal out of this.

Not to mention the player "sales" they made this summer with all the ridiculously advantageous buy back clauses. We really should hire their negotiators.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
So 5 mil euros in the "add-ons" is actually paid out by Fabregas himself?

Wow Barca really got a good deal out of this.

Not to mention the player "sales" they made this summer with all the ridiculously advantageous buy back clauses. We really should hire their negotiators.
No I think that's an additional (guaranteed) 5 million euros paid practically by Fabregas in installments (1 million every year), and he'll take it from his wages with Barcelona (the loyalty bonus).

So the maximum amount Arsenal could get for Fabregas is 39 million euros, and the miminum is 34 million euros.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Basically Barca are paying £40M but Rosell doesn't want to admit it for PR reasons.
I thought Barca's public disclosure - in real detail - of the transfer fee was poor form by them. They should be quiet, just consider themselves lucky that the emotional blackmail of Arsenal succeeded and they got themselves the best bargain of the transfer window.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I wonder if he liked Arsene's welcome present. A nice tackle from the ever friendly Marcelo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wonder if he liked Arsene's welcome present. A nice tackle from the ever friendly Marcelo.
Second time I've seen this said. Why do people assume Arsene has any dislike for Fabregas? In reality I reckon they've had a great relationship with the former understanding the latter's reasons for wanting to move.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Barca's J-M Bartomeu re Cesc: "It was a v good deal for us. His real price was what Arsenal initially asked - at least €60m

"Price on open market wouldn't have been [initial] €29m. He lowered his value by saying he really wanted to join Barca"
Barcelona are just winding up them now, by admitting they paid half the amount of Fabregas.

Godfather

Arsenal should be the ones laughing. They snatched Fabregas from Barca's youth academy and made £30 million from it.
Not to forget the money they got from Nasri. Never seen Wenger so happy neither.

MacMUFC

I think he's the sort of lad who will retire at Barca after what he's won there.

Who knows though, he was open to a possible move in 06 I believe where things weren't going to great for him or the club.
He was close to joining United at one point. Imagine him and Scholes in midfield. fecking hell.

Devilton

He's been awesome (not that anyone should be surprised) since he moved back home...

But the cake is Barca rubbing salt in Arsenal's wounds by saying he's worth 50 million (which lets face it...he is).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can't believe Fabregas has kissed the badge already he's only been there for a few games. fecking Footballers these days.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50274_190844143528_2821955_n.jpg

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I can't believe Fabregas has kissed the badge already he's only been there for a few games. fecking Footballers these days.
When you have a girlfriend you most likely only kiss her. Then if you break up and get a new girlfriend you start to kiss her. You certainly don't kiss your ex even though you might still have some feelings for her.