Fabregas to Chelsea confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
That looks like its taken from a 10yr old kid's twitter feed and not a club's official website. Jesus. Talk about being absolutely bonkers

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Best place for him. He is a twat in a team of twats and will replace Ashley cole therefore keeping their twat quota up to scratch

alastair

ignorant
If Arsenal did that, the shareholders would be marching to Emirates with pitchforks.

Even when Adebayor left, there was a strained 'good luck' message attached.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
For once I'd have to agree with you..its a blunder not just by Wenger but also teams like United.. We can't all just sit back and watch Mourinho build another winning machine.
If we get our signings right (as in seriously seriously right) what Chelsea have done will be irrelevant. We can't have every good (or top class) player, we'll have to accept that some will go to our rivals.

And you know what would have happened had we gone in for Cesc, when he wasn't the manager's number one, just to stop Chelsea building a 'machine'... They'd have probably gone out, and thrashed out a £35 million deal for Pogba within a week.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Christ, a Chelsea fan coming in to talk about the classiness of their club. I've seen it all.
What's your problem? I only mentioned CFC because I can only speak for my own, but I assume it's the norm for any club to say positive things about outgoing players, not just us.

alastair

ignorant
What's your problem? I only mentioned CFC because I can only speak for my own, but I assume it's the norm for any club to say positive things about outgoing players, not just us.
You might not slag them off on the website, but you let your manager do it in public instead.

Brophs

The One and Only
Imagine what sort of conversation must have gone on before they put out that statement.

-"Boss, I know you asked me to do one of those standard "Cesc leaves with our best wishes" statements and I genuinely started doing that, but then I thought "That's what everyone does. Why not mix it up a little?" So basically what I've put together is a complete assassination of his talent as a footballer and questioning his mental strength when things get tough. Despite the fact we tapped him up for years, got him to leave a club where they idolised him for a fee that was less than he was worth, made him take a wage cut despite being much wealthier than Arsenal, played him out of position consistently and then booed him when he wasn't world class every week."
-"Okay, so you want to know if you should run it?"
-"Nah, I just want to know whether "talentless cock-wizard is two words or three."

Mander

Last edited:

Litch

That's facking good. Odd that we didn't show interest this year.
I think for that money we probably did, he just may not have shown any interest in us. We need players that have something to prove and don't think he has...for that money, he's back here cause it was a lifestyle choice I recon.

Spoony

The People's President
I think for that money we probably did, he just may not have shown any interest in us. We need players that have something to prove and don't think he has...for that money, he's back here cause it was a lifestyle choice I recon.
Surely he had that in Barcelona?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Surely he had that in Barcelona?
His lifestyle at Barcelona included being made to feel unwanted, not being given a proper role, and being left in limbo over his future every summer.

CantonaGiggs1

Classless club who's players are either already cnuts before joining, or are turned into cnuts while there.

I don't want any Barca players joining us for this very reason.

Much less than a club, indeed.

Irrational.

I have no idea whether we were in for him, but seeing Chelsea snap him up is gutting.

He's a genuine world class midfielder, and Chelsea managed to prise him away for around £30 million. In a world cup year. Before the world cup.

I'm again going to reiterate how much I admire Chelsea's efficient transfer policy. Within days of Lampard leaving, they've gone one better and signed Cesc. Meanwhile we've struggled to replace Scholes for years and still rely on the likes of Darren Fletcher in midfield (no disrespect to Fletch). Oh, and Anderson returning will be like a new signing, I guess.

And they say there's no value in the transfer market. :lol:

Surely it's Chelsea's title to lose next season, what an awesome squad.

P.S. I fecking hate Mourinho for this. :(

JunesBoy

If we get our signings right (as in seriously seriously right) what Chelsea have done will be irrelevant. We can't have every good (or top class) player, we'll have to accept that some will go to our rivals.

And you know what would have happened had we gone in for Cesc, when he wasn't the manager's number one, just to stop Chelsea building a 'machine'... They'd have probably gone out, and thrashed out a £35 million deal for Pogba within a week.
You are quite right and I generally think the same..just the little thing of Mourinho scares me and from the looks of it, seems like every manager out there is just sitting back not trying to counter..
I don't think anyother midfielder at present looks as perfectly suited to replace Lampard as him, so signing him would have set his preparations back..

ThanksBoss26

I've never got the impression he wanted to come here, so once he was leaving Barcelona it was always looking like a London club for me. I thought it'd end up being Arsenal rather than Chelsea though.

I'd expect him to play furthest forward of the Matic (holding), Ramires (box to box), Fabregas('no.10') trio. I can only think that it is because he has predominantly been used in this advanced role in recent years, an area we'll probably be using Rooney, Mata or Kagawa so are well stocked in, that we haven't pursued it. Or maybe we were so unimpressed by his or his agent's behaviour last summer when we were after him that we decided not to bother this time around.

The full impact of this for me probably won't be known until the end of the summer. If we strengthen our midfield well, I won't care about Fabregas. If we don't, then I'll obviously wish we'd have gone in for him more strongly, and then tried to convert him back to the deeper midfield position.

However, I still think that without Champions League football this season and the lure of London, we'd have been fighting a losing battle with this one anyway. Life goes on and we need to move quickly on to other targets.

Mister_Stubbs

Where are you getting January from? I read early Autumn is his expected return...I would prefer him over the likes of Fabregas to be fair!
I meant we'd have to sign the guy in January, very unlikely he'd pass a medical etc this window and coming off the back of an injury like that will take some time to get back to match fitness. Also would say a lot about us if we signed him for £30m or so when we could have got him halve that last summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have no idea whether we were in for him, but seeing Chelsea snap him up is gutting.

He's a genuine world class midfielder, and Chelsea managed to prise him away for around £30 million. In a world cup year. Before the world cup.

I'm again going to reiterate how much I admire Chelsea's efficient transfer policy. Within days of Lampard leaving, they've gone one better and signed Cesc. Meanwhile we've struggled to replace Scholes for years and still rely on the likes of Darren Fletcher in midfield (no disrespect to Fletch). Oh, and Anderson returning will be like a new signing, I guess.

And they say there's no value in the transfer market. :lol:

Surely it's Chelsea's title to lose next season, what an awesome squad.

P.S. I fecking hate Mourinho for this. :(
Mourinho in his second season is a force.

They could easily have won the league this year if they hadn't faltered right near the end.
All with 3 sub par strikers.

Now they've fixed the striker problem, and brought an even better midfielder in, they're arguably favourites over City now.

Can't see us catching either for a long while, and the only consolation is surely Liverpool won't overpower either.

MDFC Manager

I meant we'd have to sign the guy in January, very unlikely he'd pass a medical etc this window and coming off the back of an injury like that will take some time to get back to match fitness. Also would say a lot about us if we signed him for £30m or so when we could have got him halve that last summer.
It would say a lot about Moyes, yes. We could have signed Strootman and Thiago and instantly solved our midfield issues. Moyes really made his own deathbed, in hindsight.

Bojan11

Didn't go through the thread. At work. So I am sorry if this was discussed earlier.

Does anyone think that Fabregas moved to Chelsea because we rejected him?
No.

But I am convinced if us or City were in for him the fee wouldn't be £27m.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Still not sure why Barca did this. They going to spend as much or more bringing in Ratkic or Koke and they could poise the same problems Cesc did.

Bojan11

Still not sure why Barca did this. They going to spend as much or more bringing in Ratkic or Koke and they could poise the same problems Cesc did.
Rakitic will cost less. And Koke would make a good signing.

Those two fit Barca more than Cesc.

Status
Not open for further replies.