Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

redflash

There is no dishonor in a third bid. Let's go for it, but no more fukking around. If we do pull this off, jizz launchers will be fully activated. And if we don't pull it off, no fourth bid. Time to move on and bring in Fellaini as our last resort option.
Too much for the breakfast table!:nono:

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I thought Moyes looked very relaxed when he uttered, "No you are right, I can't say anything about it".

He was smiling and did not seem unhappy. He didn't confirm it was over, because it isn't, in my opinion.

I am just waiting for the Barca smokescreen before there is a change, probably the signing of a defensive reinforcement.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There is no dishonor in a third bid. Let's go for it, but no more fukking around. If we do pull this off, jizz launchers will be fully activated. And if we don't pull it off, no fourth bid. Time to move on and bring in Fellaini as our last resort option.
If we end up flogging Rooney as is looking increasingly likely - I don't see why we couldn't have both Fellaini and Fabregas - I think I may even prefer that then replacing Rooney directly with a striker.

Stretch

I thought Moyes looked very relaxed when he uttered, "No you are right, I can't say anything about it".

He was smiling and did not seem unhappy. He didn't confirm it was over, because it isn't, in my opinion.

I am just waiting for the Barca smokescreen before there is a change, probably the signing of a defensive reinforcement.

This. They way he smiled looked sneaky. Like 'If only you knew :smirk:'

Maajid

Formerly Mad
This is from Dani Alves:

Alves explained: "Cesc's is a different case. He has already left here once. He left the club, made a name for himself and then returned. He wasn't at his best at the end of last season but we were all the same.
"Football is a collective sport and you cannot look for scapegoats. If he decides to stay here, I'll be delighted to continue having him as a team-mate. The squad respects him a lot."
He added: "It's up to him what he does, but I think he can bring a lot to this side. The team needs players of Cesc's quality to win trophies."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8858710/

Sounds like he's trying to convince him to stay. There's something there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
we're analysing the tone of words and expressions on faces now.

We are well into desperate territory!

Shark

@NotShark
If he decides to stay here, I'll be delighted to continue having him as a team-mate. The squad respects him a lot."
This is a very promising quote IMO. Fabregas is obviously still thinking about a move away.

The Wizard

This. They way he smiled looked sneaky. Like 'If only you knew :smirk:'
Could have meant anything; a private joke he's earlier shared with some journalists off the record maybe, where Moyes has shared soom more detailed info on the situation about what huge assholes Barca have been or God knows what. Bottom line: I wouldn't read too much into it.

acrebo

Again we're hearing the "up to him" line. He may just be regurgitating Martino's comments but the comments suggest a couple of things:

1. It is in the hands of Cesc to decide what he wants to do. I would assume that Barca know that we will offer an amount which they would be prepared to accept should Cesc express his wish to leave.

2. Cesc hasn't yet made his mind up. With his supposed appearance at the press conference tomorrow, I would say that is Barca trying to set him a deadline - either attend the press conference and confirm you're staying or tell us you're leaving and we'll send a replacement to face the media.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I just want it to be over one way or the other. The more reliable journos all say we are still interested and confident, yet we don't seem to have tabled a third bid. .. in fact I'm not certain we made a second. I wonder if we are just waiting for last day of transfer window to table or final bid. Risky strategy. But our 'strategy'has been bizarre this summer anyway. I don't get it anymore

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I just want it to be over one way or the other. The more reliable journos all say we are still interested and confident, yet we don't seem to have tabled a third bid. .. in fact I'm not certain we made a second. I wonder if we are just waiting for last day of transfer window to table or final bid. Risky strategy. But our 'strategy'has been bizarre this summer anyway. I don't get it anymore
Why aren't you sure we made a second? It was confirmed by the club.

It would be stupid to wait till the last day when they can't bring in any replacements if they wish to. If we are to make another bid it'll probably be some time soon.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just bid 45M, please. Or 50 m if that's what it takes. It'll make the apparent incoming tree more bearable.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Alves explained: "Cesc's is a different case. He has already left here once. He left the club, made a name for himself and then returned. He wasn't at his best at the end of last season but we were all the same.
"Football is a collective sport and you cannot look for scapegoats. If he decides to stay here, I'll be delighted to continue having him as a team-mate. The squad respects him a lot."
He added: "It's up to him what he does, but I think he can bring a lot to this side. The team needs players of Cesc's quality to win trophies."
Spacegoats to the left of me
Spacegoats to the right

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Why aren't you sure we made a second? It was confirmed by the club.

It would be stupid to wait till the last day when they can't bring in any replacements if they wish to. If we are to make another bid it'll probably be some time soon.
Was it confirmed? I can't remember. Actually, was it confirmed by moyes in press conference?
I just don't get where our confidence comes from. (I don't mean confidence that fab will join us but confidence that they will accept a bid). We must have an idea of an amount that would be accepted. It's s risky game to play though, need to get it done ASAP.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was it confirmed? I can't remember. Actually, was it confirmed by moyes in press conference?
I just don't get where our confidence comes from. (I don't mean confidence that fab will join us but confidence that they will accept a bid). We must have an idea of an amount that would be accepted. It's s risky game to play though, need to get it done ASAP.
Yes, it was.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...econd-manchester-united-bid-for-cesc-fabregas

Speaking at a press conference in Yokohama, Japan, Moyes revealed: "As I understand it, Ed had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me."

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
If we end up signing Fabregas, I think all the smug cnuts who came in here laughing at people who thought it was on should be named and shamed.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Breaking SSN Barca have bid for Luiz. Maybe they waiting for a singing before selling?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Breaking SSN Barca have bid for Luiz. Maybe they waiting for a singing before selling?
What, buying Luiz to replace Fabregas?

The straws being clutched here are getting ever more fragile.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

fecks sake, if all they wanted is for us to sing a song to them then this should've been over weeks ago.

Woodward is so thick.

Woodzy

The change in tone from the Barca camp (players and coaches at least) is a promising sign. We've moved from 'he loves the club and will never leave' to 'he can do whatever the feck he wants', essentially.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
What, buying Luiz to replace Fabregas?

The straws being clutched here are getting ever more fragile.
Well, no. However it could be PR damage control for fans to buy a defender they need before selling fab. Could look at it from our point of view. If we sold Rooney for example as daft as it sounds, it would feel worse from fans point of view if we sold him before bringing a 'Marquee' signing in, however, if fab was already a utd player it may cushion the blow.
Also barca may prefer it this way round from a financial point of view. If they bid say 27m for Luiz after having just sold fab to us for 35m, then Chelsea will pay hard ball knowing the money barca have in the bank. Perhaps less so If the other way round.
Yes. . that is clutching at straws, I'm trying

buildabonfire

interesting round robin with clubs involved - we tell Chelsea that they can have Rooney if they let Luiz go to Barca so we can sign Fab...

(

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I don't think it's about the money anymore, by the looks of it.

Maybe we could offer Fabregas an extra £10K a week to seal it though?
Its always about the money.

I don't think it's the money on fabs end, it's all about barca

Woodzy

It would be good if Barca are using the Cesc money to pay for Luiz, which in turn gives Chelsea the additional funds to put in a proper bid for Rooney.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think we should include quotes from people in this thread in the title too.

United in for Fabregas | buildabonfire: "we tell Chelsea that they can have Rooney if they let Luiz go to Barca so we can sign Fab..."

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't think it's about the money anymore, by the looks of it.

Maybe we could offer Fabregas an extra £10K a week to seal it though?
If we ever got to contract negotiations he'd be close to doubling his current wages without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.