Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pony1982

I know this is going to sound insane, but what's the source of these comments? I've seen f365 report it, but nothing on the beeb or sky sports. Maybe I've just missed it completely, but are the sources reporting this reliable?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's a shame we have so many 'I told you so' wankers here. Well done, you were able to predict that Barcelona wouldn't sell another midfielder.

Rooney24

"My dream has always been to play at Barça and nothing has changed," Fabregas said. "I'm very, very happy here and I never thought about leaving."

"I never had any doubt. It has cost me a lot to return to Barça and now I want to triumph here.

"Things have been invented. It's also not true that I have asked for a contract renewal.

"I didn't have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I'd talk when it was my turn."

"I've always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise."

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
kinda goes in line with what i've been saying oh welll
You are a patronising twat.

You were just wumming the past few weeks, now you are suddenly the Oracle. You knew more than Dennis Irwin and all the other journos, you are clearly wasted in here.

Siorac

£25m and £30m is a lot of money.
Considering that Shakhtar have paid €25M for the totally unproven Bernard and Liverpool demand £55M for the thundercnut Suárez, £30m for Fábregas isn't a lot of money. In today's market it's a bid that's just begging to be turned down.

Ash_G

Well was always a long shot, who knows why it broke down, maybe we weren't offering enough, maybe it was more based on Barca potentially needing to sell, who knows, but would rather the club always tries for these sorts of players than not. There's still the best part of a month to go and if we did get someone like Fellaini in, given Moyes knows him as well as anyone doubt he'll need much adapting time. It's not like we;re so desparate for midfielders now, we can't cope a few weeks, Clev didn't let us down in any big games I can think off.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This thread needs more ex-girlfriend & Yahoo and Google CEO analogies.

Varun

Staff
Did people here expect him to say anything else? He cannot say he wants to move to United in a Barca presser for obvious reasons. He cant say he's been in talks with us either for even more obvious reasons.

I do think he's got the assurances he was after from the new manager but if anyone here thinks we were bidding blind with no encouragement from his team, they're plain stupid. You cannot admit to tapping players up in public, gets both the player and the club in trouble but it happens all the time.

Varun

Staff

Wasnt the last bid with add ons reported to be 35mil? Not that it makes much of a difference anyways. This has been my biggest issue with the saga, we never really tested barca's resolve.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Why? We tried to sign a world class player who we ultimately failed to get?

We publicly tried to sign a player the club didn't want to sell who also didn't want to leave. Not a very flattering situation to be in.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Considering that Shakhtar have paid €25M for the totally unproven Bernard and Liverpool demand £55M for the thundercnut Suárez, £30m for Fábregas isn't a lot of money. In today's market it's a bid that's just begging to be turned down.
It's almost double what we paid for van Nistelrooy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why? We tried to sign a world class player who we ultimately failed to get?
Two transfer sagas this summer and all we've gotten is two players snub us. And the seasons about to start and we've gotten no one? We haven't even had a bid accepted for fabregas and we decided to be very public about it as if we were in amidst some hard negotiations where the player actually wanted to move. All in all, it's not an embarrassment or anything like that, but I do find our bumbling nature this summer a bit amusing. In the end all that matters is that we end up doing good business by the end of the summer, and hopefully we will.

Stretch

I must say I do assign some of the blame to whoever was handling the bid on this. We should have bid £35m starting and worked our way to circa £45m. Even from Cesc's quotes, it seems as if there was something to it. The whole 'everyone told me I was valued' etc. talk shows that he did have doubts that had to be settled and him being 'honoured' that we bid for him says a lot. So I honestly think if we offered serious money then Barca would have told Cesc cheers you can go. Yes, 45m/50m is alot but it's about how much we value the player and his potential contribution to our team. And I think considering our dire CM situation he'd be worth 50m to United.

LR7

I can't understand how that even seems like an appropriate or tempting final bid, given what they paid for him 2 years ago, and the fact that the profit would have to be split with Arsenal. It was a seriously inadequate bid in actuality.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
You are an utter cnut that deserves it.

I even posted my prediction from yesterday, but it went over your head, or you were so desperate to be right you didnt even notice.Just to be clear, I was talking specifically about you.
That even sounded harsh to me :lol:, not that I didn't WANT to say that :lol:

Phil

Well no one saw this coming.

Thiago thread > Fabregas thread

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
You are an utter cnut that deserves it.

I even posted my prediction from yesterday, but it went over your head, or you were so desperate to be right you didnt even notice.Just to be clear, I was talking specifically about you.

i noticed that post, i didn't think you were referring to me.....because I'd love to have Fabregas here.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We were led on. Time to put it to bed and get real. These things happen in football.

adamwest

Yet another case in point to not believe a word you read in the press these days. Roll on the beginning of the season so we can be done with all this here say bollocks.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Wasnt the last bid with add ons reported to be 35mil? Not that it makes much of a difference anyways. This has been my biggest issue with the saga, we never really tested barca's resolve.
Even then not nearly enough.

Our record transfer is 30.5 million. In today's market that gets you a young up and coming player. Not a seasoned world class talent.

Shark

@NotShark
I can't understand how that even seems like an appropriate or tempting final bid, given what they paid for him 2 years ago[/B], and the fact that the profit would have to be split with Arsenal. It was a seriously inadequate bid in actuality.
He was putting in performances of a higher standard for Arsenal 2 years ago and was obviously younger too.

30m isn't innapropiate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.