Facebook, Amazon etc....

Sweet Square

I've read that Q has spread on TikTok as well as fb, making it possible to have a right-wing zoomer-boomer alliance.
There's a recent trueanon episode on this. At least in America the Q stuff isn't just believed by Trump and the car right people. The Q rallies in cities are sort of multicultural and have all sort of political tendencies.

Hypernormalisation at its best. :drool:

Suv666

Not sure if this has been posted here before

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...licy-changes-on-india-hate-speech-11598008322

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...a-bjp-politicians-report-200815164733827.html

Zuckerburg, actively promoting BJP and Modi's far right antics on his platforms.

Facebook official refuses to appear before Delhi assembly panel in hateful content probe and to determine if Facebook played a role in the Delhi pogrom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...-delhi-assembly-panel/amp-11600153998578.html

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

He isn't human, he's Agent Smith from the Matrix, observing humanity

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Old article, I hadnt read it fully so far
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/undercover-amazon-exhausted-humans-inefficient-11593145

But Amazon has recognised humans are the least efficient part of the operation, so in Tilbury the robots take over. At every turn it felt like the human staff were reduced to livestock, existing only to service the machines.

Alone in a locked metal cage, 10 feet from my nearest colleague, a robot approaches from the shadows and thrusts a tower of shelves towards me. I have nine seconds to grab and process an item to be sent for packing – a target of 300 items an hour, for hour after relentless hour. As I bend to the floor then reach high above my head to fulfil a never-ending stream of orders, my body screams at me. Welcome to Amazon's picking floor. Here, while cameras watch my every move, a screen in front of me offers constant reminders of my “units per hour” and exactly how long each has taken.

There were complaints of filthy toilets and breaks still too short. One asked: “Why are we not allowed to sit when it is quiet and not busy? We are human beings, not slaves and animals.”

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Every time this thread is bumped and the headline is not CEO of... guillotined, I start to feel some kind of way.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The share price has barely moved. Presumably any lawsuit would rumble on for years. It was the FTC that approved the Insta and WhatsApp acquisitions in the first place.

Dr. StrangeHate

They have put everything else out of business already. How is this sustainable in the long run.

If more and more people don't have any means of income or more and more businesses don't have any means of entry to the market, how do people survive in the not so distant future.

They are not even innovating anymore, just absorbing and crushing everything.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
They have put everything else out of business already. How is this sustainable in the long run.

If more and more people don't have any means of income or more and more businesses don't have any means of entry to the market, how do people survive in the not so distant future.

Eat the rich.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Easy. Work in amazon and spend the money that you earn there. Is already happening

Dr. StrangeHate

Easy. Work in amazon and spend the money that you earn there. Is already happening
Automation would mean not many jobs will be left at Amazon or anywhere to be honest. Even high skilled jobs will be scarce.

I am an electrical engineer and all of my job is based on maths and logic. AI can easily do that. In fact I spend half my time automating my tasks in VBA and MATLAB to make my life easy. Similarly financial jobs are mostly maths which AI would take over. Medicine is fairly logical and can be mostly automated. It's only a few people at the top that are going to benefit from this and most other jobs will just be automated.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven

‘Marx’ in action.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
We're not allowed to buy more than one pack of toilet rolls or three bags of rice from Tesco so it's fair and there's enough for everyone, but Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk and the rest of the psychopaths adding double digits to their billions when more people are struggling more than ever... "Go on lads!!!"

F-Red

We're not allowed to buy more than one pack of toilet rolls or three bags of rice from Tesco so it's fair and there's enough for everyone, but Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk and the rest of the psychopaths adding double digits to their billions when more people are struggling more than ever... "Go on lads!!!"
No, that's because there's psychopaths panic buying. I wouldn't try to put Tesco on an ethical front here in a discussion about Amazon and others.

F-Red

I mean the company they're referring to are literally buying open moulded products from the Far East & reselling. There was literally nothing innovative about Pirate Trading LLC, and most likely drop shipping at best based off what I see on their Facebook page. Plus at $3.5m worth of sales, with minimal logistics by the looks of it, I don't think they've walked away without making any money here.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I mean the company they're referring to are literally buying open moulded products from the Far East & reselling. There was literally nothing innovative about Pirate Trading LLC, and most likely drop shipping at best based off what I see on their Facebook page. Plus at $3.5m worth of sales, with minimal logistics by the looks of it, I don't think they've walked away without making any money here.
ok but thats not really the point. this is just one example

F-Red

ok but thats not really the point. this is just one example
I'm referencing the tweet. There's more stronger examples of ethical practice of Amazon than whether they've sourced a tripod from the same factory as another seller. Having sold into Amazon in a former job, their track record on supplier payments is shocking and probably one of the worst I've ever encountered, so much so that the business I was working for walked away from dealing with them. Every payment was a dispute.

Revan

Assumptionman
Automation would mean not many jobs will be left at Amazon or anywhere to be honest. Even high skilled jobs will be scarce.

I am an electrical engineer and all of my job is based on maths and logic. AI can easily do that. In fact I spend half my time automating my tasks in VBA and MATLAB to make my life easy. Similarly financial jobs are mostly maths which AI would take over. Medicine is fairly logical and can be mostly automated. It's only a few people at the top that are going to benefit from this and most other jobs will just be automated.
It is not really clear that this is going to happen. I was into the ‘yeah, we are doomed’ a couple of years ago but I have changed my opinion. The failure of autonomous driving is a sign that automizing human tasks is really difficult.

I think that at least in short to medium term (a couple of decades), AI won’t automize any of the high skilled jobs. Instead it will help to professionals to make better decisions.

A parasitic dropshipping company upset that they were outsmarted? That doesnt bother me too much. We have to appreciate how far Amazon have brought the retail world on in a short space of time.

I'm sure the store business will be left untouched but I think at some stage regulators will break AWS off into it's own business.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Then comunism. When everything is autoamted, take over the means of capital, no need to work, everybody is happy.

We are talking dystopia here one way or another. Amazon will no take over all the sectors.

And yes, automation will take over, so will hours a week will go down eventually too as it would not be sustainable. automation has definitely positive outcomes as ultimately will mean work less having the same. And that will happen progressively legislating it or via old fashion revolution but instead overthrowing kings, going after the billionaire moguls

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Valued at 30billion? How the hell do they get to these valuations? Is it the same as WeWork being worth billions even though they operated at a loss?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Valued at 30billion? How the hell do they get to these valuations? Is it the same as WeWork being worth billions even though they operated at a loss?
Look Tesla valuation and they barely had a Q out of the red. Is about future expectations

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Beside the point no?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They'll try anything they can to make it as high as possible so they can dump it for a big profit on retail investors.

F-Red

Beside the point no?
Not really, the first tweet was making it out like this was some small company with their own ideas and product IP, and the reality was far from it. Open mould products and reselling on a marketplace (not their own site), it doesn't really shout out a sustainable business to me, and the way they've set up looks like they had very low touch point (drop shipping model), so therefore low overheads and higher profit.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not really, the first tweet was making it out like this was some small company with their own ideas and product IP, and the reality was far from it. Open mould products and reselling on a marketplace (not their own site), it doesn't really shout out a sustainable business to me, and the way they've set up looks like they had very low touch point (drop shipping model), so therefore low overheads and higher profit.
I think Amazon selling the product and banning them, doesn't really matter if they had their own ideas and product IP or not. So I'd say its besides the point, if Amazon didn't ban them then fair enough

F-Red

I think Amazon selling the product and banning them, doesn't really matter if they had their own ideas and product IP or not. So I'd say its besides the point, if Amazon didn't ban them then fair enough
Well it does, as that's what they were banned for.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They'll try anything they can to make it as high as possible so they can dump it for a big profit on retail investors.
I know why they do it, but I want to to know how, as in how they get away with it! :lol:

I know WeWork somehow put themselves in the online space, so their EBITDA was closer to 20 rather than the 9.5 it technically should have.

@4bars I don't think companies can be valued on future expectations? If they can then it's surely only a matter of time before everything goes kapoot?