Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

The quality of posters has really fallen off the cliff recently. They make crap up without even doing research or just saying things they feel emotionally. He had a relatively successful loan otherwise why would anyone pay take him back? Yet people make crap up or blame Ole for his poor 2nd loan.
It's just a simple point that he's had little game time. Which was fairly predictable given how the back end of last season went for him.

Just send him somewhere he'll play every week. It shouldn't be difficult.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's just a simple point that he's had little game time. Which was fairly predictable given how the back end of last season went for him.

Just send him somewhere he'll play every week. It shouldn't be difficult.
I wouldn't be surprised if last season he had more game time? Because I remember him actually getting a run of games once he was settled and only being put on the bench for 30 min sub appearances near the end of the season.

It wasn't unreasonable to assume he could develop and get more game time from there, already having one foot on the pitch.

At this point, it makes sense to recall because he isn't playing. Whether it's the just player hitting his ceiling or the club not being right, he needs to play.

SAFMUTD

It's not only that he's not a starter, Alaves plays shit football. Relegation defensive football where Pellistri is chasing the opposition rather than dribbling, taking in players and creating chances.

I don't think playing there is going to help him at all, such negative football won't develop him.

Just look at the stats per game:

6.9 passes
0.6 dribbles
0.4 shots
0.3 key passes
0.1 crosses
0.1 long balls
0 through balls
0 assists
0 goals
0.07 xA per 90/ 0.43 xG in the season
0.05 xG per 90/ 0.31 xA in the season

What the feck is that? We are mid season and he's not even created half a chance or enough xG to actually score. Looking at xG and xA stats it's like watching a game stats, only to find out it's his whole season ffs.

It's like he's not even there. He barely touches the ball. We should recall him immediately and loan to a team that actually helps him to develop.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Pellistri has Covid. Get well!

Januzaj just scored off the bench. He's having a great season being the main man for Sociedad, huh?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's not only that he's not a starter, Alaves plays shit football. Relegation defensive football where Pellistri is chasing the opposition rather than dribbling, taking in players and creating chances.

I don't think playing there is going to help him at all, such negative football won't develop him.

Just look at the stats per game:

6.9 passes
0.6 dribbles
0.4 shots
0.3 key passes
0.1 crosses
0.1 long balls
0 through balls
0 assists
0 goals
0.07 xA per 90/ 0.43 xG in the season
0.05 xG per 90/ 0.31 xA in the season

What the feck is that? We are mid season and he's not even created half a chance or enough xG to actually score. Looking at xG and xA stats it's like watching a game stats, only to find out it's his whole season ffs.

It's like he's not even there. He barely touches the ball. We should recall him immediately and loan to a team that actually helps him to develop.
Of he's just incredibly over rated perhaps???? If he's not doing the business at that level he's never going to make the grade here.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Of he's just incredibly over rated perhaps???? If he's not doing the business at that level he's never going to make the grade here.
Likely not, but his development is still the club's responsibility and it's also in their interest to get a good fee for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's been plenty of loans in the past where the flashy attacking types get sacrificed for hard working, dogged workers in relegation battles.

Sending a quick dribbling winger to fecking Alaves was a ridiculous decision.

The Caff Spraff

I really hope United have the smarts and this kid gets recalled. Watched him in the few games in the u23s and preseason and can see there is talent there but completely being wasted at alaves. We need to get him to a club that he’ll atleast be able to develop and showcase is abilities

SAF is the GOAT

Facundo Pellistri is attracting interest from a number of Championship clubs as #mufc consider whether or not to terminate his current loan spell at Alaves

A number of clubs have already shown an interest in signing Pellistri on loan if he does return to the club this month, though the decision is still expected to lie with the Spanish club

[RichFay]
Call him back and loan him to 1 of these teams because he's so wasted in Alaves.
They're counter attacking and he barely touch the ball and his playing minutes aren't that high either

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Watching Alaves against Betis, they're 3-0 down and have just made their 4th sub and Pellistri still isn't even on. Just scored a 4th...shit loan, terrible management for us to allow him to go there, we have to bring him back.

Mickson

I defended this loan, I don't like to judge beforehand and he played quite a lot earlier despite them being shit.. but now.. It's time to bring him back, and loan him out to a club in The Championship.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I defended this loan, I don't like to judge beforehand and he played quite a lot earlier despite them being shit.. but now.. It's time to bring him back, and loan him out to a club in The Championship.
I did, too, but it's gone sideways, badly. Your suggestion would be the best thing for him now but the club will find a way to balls it up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anywhere is better than the bench.

Pointless him being in Spain, he talks fairly good English anyway doesn't he?

I knew this would be a rubbish move.

Gandalf

Not sure why it says the decision on him returning lies with the Spanish club. It has been mentioned several times that there is a clause concerning playing time in his loan contract and he is well short of meeting it which he himself confirmed a few weeks ago. He needs to be recalled asap and then hopefully we can set him up with a better loan and if not then utilize him in the U23s and off the bench for the seniors for the rest of the season.

Satsuma United

This is a classic signing that exposes why United has been in this mess for so many years.

Not good enough and will never be. What was the point ? No one will ever know why United wasted millions here.

Zlatattack

This is a classic signing that exposes why United has been in this mess for so many years.

Not good enough and will never be. What was the point ? No one will ever know why United wasted millions here.
Maybe it's hard to get emerging talent right? This guy and Diallo were teenagers when we signed them. They still need time.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Bullocks. You can get it wrong when signing talented kids for the academy.

justsomebloke

Yeah this feels very similar to that.
Who remembers angelo henriquez
That reasoning pretty much boils down to "I can remember a promising youngster who didn't pan out, so that gives me a feeling this other promising youngster won't either".

Which is really no sort of reasoning at all, but just nonsense.

Maybe Pellistri will work out, maybe he won't. The risk is inescapable when you sign unfinished products, but doing that is pretty much the only way of avoiding having to pay 40-50m for everyone you bring in.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Yeah, they have similarities but IMO Pellistri is much more talented. I think he'll have a good career in a top 7 league but not at United.
I'll have you know at the time Henriquez was rated very highly as he scored 11 in 17 having just turned 17 playing mens football, shows you it takes far more than just talent

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

Forlan rated him to OGS, so it was part of the “cultural reboot”. He looks an okay player, but limited, and not one who’ll make it for a top side.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Maybe it's hard to get emerging talent right? This guy and Diallo were teenagers when we signed them. They still need time.
Why sign both at the same time, and then Sancho (who is not much older than them)? Amad looks really talented, but Pellistri not so much. Think he will be okay a few levels down from United.

Mickson

I'll have you know at the time Henriquez was rated very highly as he scored 11 in 17 having just turned 17 playing mens football, shows you it takes far more than just talent
I didn't say that he wasn't talented but Pellistri has a higher ceiling. Better technique, pace among other stuff that can take him far.

Ogaranya

The way a lot of you guys write off players is funny to me, am sure that had it been that Bellingham is in our academy, you guys would have written him off as not being ready for first team football.

This guy is talented, give him time.

Zlatattack

Why sign both at the same time, and then Sancho (who is not much older than them)? Amad looks really talented, but Pellistri not so much. Think he will be okay a few levels down from United.
I think they probably considered them low risk. If they turn good the club got a WC talent early, if they're average we can probably make some money on them anyway. Chelsea did it with talented youth for years. It's not the best approach, but it's better than no approach. If as a club we were a little better at selling players it'd be a no brainer. We held onto Lingard, Periera, Fosu Mensah, Taunzebe etc all too long. These young players were all given time, at some point it was clear they wouldn't make the grade, we should have sold them quicker.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The way a lot of you guys write off players is funny to me, am sure that had it been that Bellingham is in our academy, you guys would have written him off as not being ready for first team football.

Be interesting to know how many people actually watch him play week on week.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Yeah, he's a very talented lad. Just a shame we organised such a stupid loan for him. I love his dribbling technique, it's very elegant and shows he possesses a lot of class.

Gandalf

Another 90 minutes sat on the bench yesterday. I am not seeing any kind of plan for him at the moment and it seems madness that we are already in the last week of the window and we seem content to let this situation drift. It looks for all the world as though we have written him off already as we cannot possibly think he is getting any benefit from this loan and the lack of action suggests we may be looking to just move him on permanently in the summer.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Another 90 minutes sat on the bench yesterday. I am not seeing any kind of plan for him at the moment and it seems madness that we are already in the last week of the window and we seem content to let this situation drift. It looks for all the world as though we have written him off already as we cannot possibly think he is getting any benefit from this loan and the lack of action suggests we may be looking to just move him on permanently in the summer.
Ridiculous if so. I guess we might lose £1-2m of loan fee and wages or something if we bring him back and don't get him another loan, but the damage to his value of being deemed "not good enough" by as hopeless a bunch of cloggers as Alaves has to be worth far more than that. That's not even to say we've a duty to him as a person to give him the best chance to develop.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Should have left him at Peñarol, as the club had requested. Top team locally, good coaching, playing along with experienced internationals winding down their careers, guaranteed continental tournos, would have got plenty of minutes for the NT at the Copa América... Nah, collect splinters in Spain instead.

This is a guy who had his debut aged 17, halfway through a season, yet still made the League's First XI and was voted as the Fans Player of the Year (league, not a club award).

Jibbs

Exactly… That whole window and last day signings exposes the complete disarray United has at decision making level.

captain666

Should have left him at Peñarol, as the club had requested. Top team locally, good coaching, playing along with experienced internationals winding down their careers, guaranteed continental tournos, would have got plenty of minutes for the NT at the Copa América... Nah, collect splinters in Spain instead.

This is a guy who had his debut aged 17, halfway through a season, yet still made the League's First XI and was voted as the Fans Player of the Year (league, not a club award).
You know better than to talk sense in the Caf!

Status
Not open for further replies.