Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daonico

Apparently he will be starting for the national team in around an hour (against Paraguay)

Caesar2290

Something I don't understand about his loan is why don't we recall him and loan him out to a different team? We did the same thing with Laird, so why not him.

Also hope he manages to impress tonight.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Something I don't understand about his loan is why don't we recall him and loan him out to a different team? We did the same thing with Laird, so why not him.

Also hope he manages to impress tonight.
Seems Arnold is no better than Woody at working on more than one deal at once...you never know, now that Amad's sorted we might remember Pellistri exists.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Seems Arnold is no better than Woody at working on more than one deal at once...you never know, now that Amad's sorted we might remember Pellistri exists.
I guess you’re right, considering Arnold has not been dealing with the football side of things. That’s been Murtough, and he’s been dealing with loan deals for Martial, VDB, Lingard and Amad. I’d say he’s been doing rather well. Don’t you think?

But hey let’s bash Arnold for old time sake eh?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I read somewhere he initiated 11 attacking moves out of which 3 he lost the ball, 8 he resolved well and one of these was a cross leading to a clear goalscoring opportunity.

If you ask me, that sounds better than it looked to me. His was a tidy, tactically sound performance as an outlet out right, an option when play is congested and breaking lines. Nothing to write home about and I hardly expected more but, tactically, quite valuable for a side that often gets stuck, lost for ideas and unable to create time/space, for a pause or a change of rhythm.

Even then, it was actually quite a shocker that he was plucked out of the Alavés bench to start in a WCQ six-pointer with Uruguay outside the qualifying spots.

For that alone, kudos to the kid. You could tell he was under enormous pressure but not in a rabbit in headlights way, just from his application to performing the role asked of him. More so after getting a yellow early on, he was on thin ice thereafter, but handled it well.

Kostov

I guess you’re right, considering Arnold has not been dealing with the football side of things. That’s been Murtough, and he’s been dealing with loan deals for Martial, VDB, Lingard and Amad. I’d say he’s been doing rather well. Don’t you think?

Poor guy than isn't he, so much work to done yet he loaned out two players in about 5 months time.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Poor guy than isn't he, so much work to done yet he loaned out two players in about 5 months time.
Talks are ongoing fot VDB and i fully expect Lingard to be a deadline day deal.

Didn’t know the transfer window has been open for 5months. Shame we haven’t signed anyone in 5 months eh? What now there’s this new 5month transfer window that you’ve just informed me of. What else have I missed?

Kostov

Talks are ongoing fot VDB and i fully expect Lingard to be a deadline day deal.

Didn’t know the transfer window has been open for 5months. Shame we haven’t signed anyone in 5 months eh? What now there’s this new 5month transfer window that you’ve just informed me of. What else have I missed?
Not sure how do I brake this top news for you, but you can arrange deals, communicate with other clubs 12 months a year, and can only register said deals in 2 separate windows. You've missed a lot when you get that out of your system.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Not sure how do I brake this top news for you, but you can arrange deals, communicate with other clubs 12 months a year, and can only register said deals in 2 separate windows. You've missed a lot when you get that out of your system.
You’re right, you can. But how often does that actually happen.

Gandalf

It remains baffling the way we are letting him develop. The Alaves deal was a poor one but it seems we opted to let the player make the choice rather than insisting he go on loan in the Championship where he did allegedly have suitors. I can only assume that at this point it is his decision to stick with the loan and we are maybe not that bothered as we don't think he is going to make it here. Perhaps we think by leaving him in Spain we will stand a better chance of getting an offer for a permanent deal in the summer and getting most if not all of our money back. Really bizarre piece of business all around.

TwoSheds

Ooh 5 deals in a month, however could the powers that be cope?!

flameinthesun

What do people think of Pellestri? He's a bit of a weird player. Has very nice feet and a nice first touch/close control but doesn't really seem to do much whenever I see him play. Seems like he always wants or needs a player to play off of as in do 1 2s etc. Doesn't seem to have that natural winger tendency to drive at his man, beat him then get a cross or shot off. Actually reminds me a tad of Sancho.

TwoSheds

With the Greenwood problem we should just recall Pellistri. Not like he's developing much at Alaves
Only if Lingard goes on loan as well. Otherwise he'd still be 5th choice at best, maybe 6th or even 7th if Pogba and Mejbri are seen as wing options?

arthurka

Apart from Rashford, Sancho, Elanga, Lingard, Pogba and Mejbri...
Lingard is most likely going to Newcastle, Pogba has been away for months plus he plays on the left and Mejbri is not a wide player nor has he played any games on top level. Pellestri has at least played for Uruguay on the right plus he played couple of games in Spain last season. Like I said we aren't flush with options there.

TwoSheds

Lingard is most likely going to Newcastle, Pogba has been away for months plus he plays on the left and Mejbri is not a wide player nor has he played any games on top level. Pellestri has at least played for Uruguay on the right plus he played couple of games in Spain last season. Like I said we aren't flush with options there.
Well ok but he's behind at the very least Sancho and Rashford if he comes back I would suggest given Elanga has done well on the left. He'd be doing very well to get any significant minutes. It would be less ridiculous if Lingard does go though admittedly.

arthurka

Well ok but he's behind at the very least Sancho and Rashford if he comes back I would suggest given Elanga has done well on the left. He'd be doing very well to get any significant minutes. It would be less ridiculous if Lingard does go though admittedly.
Sancho will be starting all games there from now on but we will need backup and with Rashford and Elanga mainly operating from the left we could certainly do with a right wide player.

I think keeping Lingard would be ill advised, he really wants out and Ralf has said that he will let players who don't want to be here leave. Just saying we are really in a shit situation.

TwoSheds

Sancho will be starting all games there from now on but we will need backup and with Rashford and Elanga mainly operating from the left we could certainly do with a right wide player.

I think keeping Lingard would be ill advised, he really wants out and Ralf has said that he will let players who don't want to be here leave. Just saying we are really in a shit situation.
Well, he wants out in the summer, I'm not sure how bothered he really is about this season given he didn't seem to push all that hard for a move in the summer just gone.

arthurka

Well, he wants out in the summer, I'm not sure how bothered he really is about this season given he didn't seem to push all that hard for a move in the summer just gone.
Agree he looks absolutely not arsed.

arthurka

Let's not rewrite the season.

He had one CBA game with the B team when the result didn't matter.

He looked hungry and driven in his previous sub appearances.
Well I haven't seen him that much but when he has been on he hasn't been up to much.

Daonico

You guys should try to get a look at Uruguayan second goal, great individual play by Facundo to make the assist

NYAS

Kid basically just dribbled past Venezuela’s whole defence and assisted a goal. We need to give him a chance.

pascell

It’s absolutely bizarre he isn’t getting games for the worst team in la liga. Clearly has ability hence why he’s starting for Uruguay at 20 years old.
Even more bizarre we sent him back there. Everyone knew he wasn't going to get regular game time but we sent him back anyway.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Even more bizarre we sent him back there. Everyone knew he wasn't going to get regular game time but we sent him back anyway.
Everyone didn’t know at all. After not getting much game time initially he had forced his way into the team and was starting games regularly last season until he got injured. Then they wanted him back. And he wanted to go back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He chose to go there, according to reports. I think the club probably wanted him to join Club Brugge.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Everyone didn’t know at all. After not getting much game time initially he had forced his way into the team and was starting games regularly last season until he got injured. Then they wanted him back. And he wanted to go back.
I wouldn't bother responding to such posts. There is a general narrative going on in the forum that everything United does is dumb or sheer incompetent. The coaches, managers put no thought behind any decisions etc. The worst run club in the world.

It's embarrassing and naive.

Chief123

Finally some bright positive news! Been a dreadful week otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.