Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

There's clearly a player in him. I imagine at the very least we'll be able to sell him on for a tidy profit.

AshRK

He is honestly wasting his time at alaves. Shit show of a loan if you ask me.

prateik

I'm guessing he was struggling to adapt and felt more comfortable at Alaves.
Give it some time.. He clearly hasnt stagnated.. must be doing something right to get a call up and then justify it by putting in a good performance.

Mwooyo

Pellistri is actually a very talented winger and I believe he will make it in the united first team. Really think him and amad were actually top notch signings. He just needs a loan where he is playing everyday. I think if we get someone like ten hag who really believes in youth...he wont even send him out on loan. Just needs a chance

Manya.para.siempre

He has the potential to be an absolute beast. Every time he got the ball he made something happen. Really needs to bulk up a little bit though, he got pushed off a bit a couple of times.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

& yet theres several people on here who think he’s shite. Really hope he makes it here if just to silence them

Mac1997

I rate him, I would have kept him during the summer or at least loaned him out to an English side, he was great for us during pre-season and deserved a chance.

His loan back to Spain was a strange decision, he would have been much better of playing in England, learning the language, getting used to the physical side of the game. It would seem we bought him, decided he wasn't good enough and are now going to hawk him around on loan deals to get a few quid, with an eye to selling him later on down the line for a profit.

captaincantona

Hard to see why he wouldn’t be called back now that fella is out of the picture and DVB and Martial and most importantly Amad are gone.

let’s say our first choice lineup is rashford, Ronny, Sancho....we have Elanga, Jesse and Edi as back up...is that enough for 3 competitions? Ronny and Edi not really candidates for playing twice a week for 90 minutes. I would rather see Amad given the chance but this guy needs to be brought back. Sitting on the bench in a relegation battle in Spain is not helping anyone.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hard to see why he wouldn’t be called back now that fella is out of the picture and DVB and Martial and most importantly Amad are gone.

let’s say our first choice lineup is rashford, Ronny, Sancho....we have Elanga, Jesse and Edi as back up...is that enough for 3 competitions? Ronny and Edi not really candidates for playing twice a week for 90 minutes. I would rather see Amad given the chance but this guy needs to be brought back. Sitting on the bench in a relegation battle in Spain is not helping anyone.
Would make sense because this guy plays on the right. Would he be eligible to play if he's recalled?

Patchbeard

& yet theres several people on here who think he’s shite. Really hope he makes it here if just to silence them
Based on those defensive stats and his relative stature can we convert him into our own Tariq Lamptey...

captaincantona

Based on those defensive stats and his relative stature can we convert him into our own Tariq Lamptey...
Or we can just use him as a much better on the ball Dan James. We miss that guys energy getting forward and tracking back. This guy seems to have the right attitude.

pascell

Everyone didn’t know at all. After not getting much game time initially he had forced his way into the team and was starting games regularly last season until he got injured. Then they wanted him back. And he wanted to go back.
We loaned him to Alaves last January, he started 5 games out of 14 playing 540 minutes out of 1260, that's a poor return. They also never won a game he started, so they were always going to favour the experienced personnel within the squad that could help gain more wins, given they were in a relegation scrap.

If he personally chose this loan then let's hope he chooses more wisely next season, as this one was a poor choice.

He chose to go there, according to reports. I think the club probably wanted him to join Club Brugge.
I think we did too, he'd have benefitted from European football too.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Judging from those performance for Uruguay is the loan at Alaves really that bad? It doesn't seem to be harming his development, that's for sure.

youmeletsfly

I rate him, I would have kept him during the summer or at least loaned him out to an English side, he was great for us during pre-season and deserved a chance.

His loan back to Spain was a strange decision, he would have been much better of playing in England, learning the language, getting used to the physical side of the game. It would seem we bought him, decided he wasn't good enough and are now going to hawk him around on loan deals to get a few quid, with an eye to selling him later on down the line for a profit.
No, the loan was exactly what he needed, fast technical abd quality football. It didn't work out because he is not playing, but the idea was good.

The other option would've been playing in the championship where the level of football is quite trash.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
When he is on it, he looks like a Klopp type of player. No way he will ever work at this club though :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Judging from those performance for Uruguay is the loan at Alaves really that bad? It doesn't seem to be harming his development, that's for sure.
I'd argue the opposite, Uruguay play attacking, proactive football which allowed him to show his best qualities, Alaves spend 90 minutes camped in their own box, they've only scored 16 goals in 22 games this season. He's mostly a bench player there, I'd argue he'd get more opportunities off the bench for us than Alaves as we have an incentive to develop him. To put into perspective how little he's played, he played 8 games with our U23s and racked up half the minutes he has in a calendar year at Alaves. I personally just don't see how the loan is good for him at all, while it seemingly hasn't hindered his development so far I certainly wouldn't want him going there again next year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes.

The fact he barely plays, and when he does it's spent camped in his own half defending.

What's the point of having an attacking player, and making them defend all match? how is that going to help when he comes back to United?

He should be playing in a side where he is getting regular attacking moves. Being comfortable on the ball and attacking players etc.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No, the loan was exactly what he needed, fast technical abd quality football. It didn't work out because he is not playing, but the idea was good.

The other option would've been playing in the championship where the level of football is quite trash.
Yeah you definitely haven't watched Alaves. Fast, technical and quality they are not.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If he isnt playing for Alaves then why not cancel his loan and train him with first team squad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Reminds me of a younger David Silva. Not as smooth but more aggressive.

mu4c_20le

It looks like they went through a few managers and maybe the plan changed. Now they are in survival mode and probably have little time for loanees unless they are star players.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'd argue the opposite, Uruguay play attacking, proactive football which allowed him to show his best qualities, Alaves spend 90 minutes camped in their own box, they've only scored 16 goals in 22 games this season. He's mostly a bench player there, I'd argue he'd get more opportunities off the bench for us than Alaves as we have an incentive to develop him. To put into perspective how little he's played, he played 8 games with our U23s and racked up half the minutes he has in a calendar year at Alaves. I personally just don't see how the loan is good for him at all, while it seemingly hasn't hindered his development so far I certainly wouldn't want him going there again next year.
I agree that he shouldn't go back there on loan next time. For me he should be at United next year fighting for a place in the starting 11. As for the rest, his performances for Uruguay suggest that there's more to his development than simply playing matches in a set up that benefits his best attributes.

Yes.

The fact he barely plays, and when he does it's spent camped in his own half defending.

What's the point of having an attacking player, and making them defend all match? how is that going to help when he comes back to United?

He should be playing in a side where he is getting regular attacking moves. Being comfortable on the ball and attacking players etc.
He's naturally comfortable on the ball and attacking defenders. As above, while it would be ideal for him to be in a more attacking team, being at Alaves doesn't seem to have had a negative impact on him. He's developing quite well, I think. For him it's possible that he needed to be somewhere that he's comfortable. Coming from Uruguay to Europe as a teenager is a big step and can be overwhelming so it's good that he's somewhere he can relax and develop, training everyday and growing. Matches are only one small part of the process.

Gandalf

If he isnt playing for Alaves then why not cancel his loan and train him with first team squad.
This is the part that seems mad to me. In the summer we clearly wanted him to take a different option but he had enjoyed his time there and they wanted him back and so we decided that a loan he was happy with made the most sense and let him return but a lot was made of the fact that we had a clause in the contract concerning minutes played and we could recall him if it was not met.

He was interviewed in December somewhere, I will look around and try to add the link, and he effectively said that he knew he had not met the target number of minutes and was half expecting to be recalled and sent somewhere else and yet when January rolled around we did nothing. We recalled other players to send them out on better loans so I can only conclude either Alaves have made some sort of promise regarding their remaining games which frankly I would not trust given their performance so far or we simply are not that bothered.

Edited to add the link, pretty good interview all around

Facundo Pellistri: ‘I wrote to Ole. He gave me the chance to play for United’ | Soccer | The Guardian

PoTMS

Can you recall players outside of transfer windows? Suddenly we look very thin in the wide areas and he's not getting the development he needs at a sub Championship level team.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've said it already, now that Sancho is our only player good on the right wing we need Pellistri. Recalling him wouldn't harm his development seeing he isn't seeing much action in the first place

Gandalf

Pretty sure we can't recall him now the window has closed and honestly if we had intended to do so then keeping Lingard makes no sense. I just hope Alaves give him more opportunities and play some better stuff for the rest of the season.

James Peril

Pellistri is actually a very talented winger and I believe he will make it in the united first team. Really think him and amad were actually top notch signings. He just needs a loan where he is playing everyday. I think if we get someone like ten hag who really believes in youth...he wont even send him out on loan. Just needs a chance
Just needs a chance to do what exactly. We are a club that wants to win the CL and PL tomorrow, is he good enough? Is he good enough for Aston Villa or Brighton? This forum is very strange when it comes to ambition and who is going to take us there quickly. Laird here, Pellestri there, Garner as well since he had one good game for Forest, let’s not forget Tuanzebe who couldn’t get a game for Villa, Henderson last year, and so on and so forth. Remember that our competition is Sadio Mane and Mahrez, Bernardo Silva and Jota.. I hardly believe this bloke is remotely close to being good enough if he can’t get games for Alaves or wherever he is at.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This loan is really weird. I feel like the club is just happy they don't have to make the effort find him a better loan, ie they're lazy.

Either that, or Pellistri really wants to be in Spain and only signed with us for the money.

Just needs a chance to do what exactly. We are a club that wants to win the CL and PL tomorrow, is he good enough? Is he good enough for Aston Villa or Brighton? This forum is very strange when it comes to ambition and who is going to take us there quickly. Laird here, Pellestri there, Garner as well since he had one good game for Forest, let’s not forget Tuanzebe who couldn’t get a game for Villa, Henderson last year, and so on and so forth. Remember that our competition is Sadio Mane and Mahrez, Bernardo Silva and Jota.. I hardly believe this bloke is remotely close to being good enough if he can’t get games for Alaves or wherever he is at.
Players need to fit the play style. Alaves spend most of their time pinned back in their own half. When they have a lead or a draw on the board they park the bus completely. So the best player for Alaves is the one that's good in his own half and has mastered the Spanish arts of shithousery.

TAA might be a worse a player for Burnley than AWB. But we both "know" which is the better player. Ajax wouldn't favor Lingard over VDB, etc etc. Player quality isn't black or white.

Caesar2290

So here is a wild idea:

Why don't we:

A. Recall him and use him as back up to be subbed later on in the match to run at tired legs
B. Do a Laird and loan him to a Championship/Eredevise side so he can get some much more needed game time?

Status
Not open for further replies.