6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippycup

You see what you choose to see. Can't help you there. This forum is full of my praise for the ones that deserve the praise - Casemiro, Licha, Rashford lately.

The ones that deserve criticism, get criticism, complete with photo evidence (in case you didn't actually watch the game, which seems likely based on your reaction), but all you contribute is "Rah, rah, constant negativity"? Pretty sure none of these players read this forum and get offended, don't worry too much about somebody criticizing them when they play badly. It's kindof the point of this forum.
Bloody hell

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So if a player makes a mistake or 2 he doesnt deserve praise?
I don't know, man. He only was on the pitch for 20 minutes and made like 7 bad ones. Feel free to praise him if you want, did I ever say you are not allowed to? Why are you so mad when I call out his mistakes? All I said was that he played very poorly and if he doesn't improve it, he will be sold. They key word being "if". I fecking love United, you think I won't be happy if he turns it around and becomes great?

Drizzle

I can't help but like him. He's always bright and positive on the ball and I think if he's given time he could be a useful squad player for us.

However - that 1 minute disaster show where he was doing his best to give a goal away suggests a nervousness and rawness that is a concern.

I'd give him 45 mins against Reading though and see if he can bed in. Lord knows we need more attacking options.

Hughes35

I really like the look of him.

Played one awful pass and then a stupid foul in the heat of that moment but his touch and ability is clear to see. I think he will have a very good career.

Think he should get a decent run out against Reading.

big_jeffstar

Not sure where all the negativity is coming from, he made a mistake, then tried to make up for it and lost his head a bit.. it happens all the time, much much more experienced players are guilty of it.
He’s offering something different in possession and that’s exactly what we need, he actually managed to beat his man and cross it into the box, something I think Anthony should be doing a lot more often, he’ll be fine

Sylar

The defensive part wasn't good but at least he didn't wait until the player was in the box. Gave the foul and then let us organise at the back after his initial mistake

Offensively really good and promising. Hopefully we see more of him

Dannn411

Surely he'll play longer against Reading. His two cameos show he deserves the minutes.

macheda14

You see what you choose to see. Can't help you there. This forum is full of my praise for the ones that deserve the praise - Casemiro, Licha, Rashford lately.

The ones that deserve criticism, get criticism, complete with photo evidence (in case you didn't actually watch the game, which seems likely based on your reaction), but all you contribute is "Rah, rah, constant negativity"? Pretty sure none of these players read this forum and get offended, don't worry too much about somebody criticizing them when they play badly. It's kindof the point of this forum.
The negativity is ‘good riddance’ ‘head out of arse’, which just comes across as if you have some big issue with the lad before he’s even really been given a chance. Also you come across as condescending as well so there is that.

youngrell

You see what you choose to see indeed, even when providing photographic evidence you manage to mistake Dennis for Johnson and continue to bizarrely criticise Johnson in a very OTT manner.

Your appraisal of Pellistri is also way too harsh. He played a blind ball in field and clearly didn't see Dennis there, it is a rookie mistake and your type of criticism will be valid if he continues to make such mistakes in subsequent games. He then tried to recover and rectify the mistake by working hard to try and win the ball back. The challenge wasn't even that rash, Williams manufactured the foul as much as anything by throwing his leg out as Pellistri went to stick his foot in. Naivety again from a young player learning at the top level, but certainly not something limited to young players or Pellistri himself. Just last Weds Casemiro made a very rash challenge he didn't need to which cost us a lot more.

Your recent posts in this thread are quite an achievement, fair play.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah that cross he made to Johnson was truly world class... :D except it was to the opposition forward. Good thing Johnson is an absolute clown and somehow, shockingly managed to waste it (and thank God for Licha who got it back), but Pellistri definitely did his best to gift them a goal on 83rd minute. And that was seconds before he almost gave them penalty as well. Truly Messi level forward :)

I honestly think if Pellistri doesn't get his head out of his ass, he will be sold in the Summer and it will be good riddance. Hope we can make some money on him, for a change.
Another idiot post for the collection

Strange you logged on the Caf after the club got one foot in to a cup final to go from thread to thread to shit on the players… hmmm.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I thought he was poor when he came on, he was nervous and looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Its understandable to be nervous so its not criticism as such but goes to show the fine margins we're dealing with, his mistake could have cost us and we'd have been going into the 2nd leg 2-1 rather than 3-0.

Hope to see more of him as he's clearly got ability and is a good option to have, although I would hope to see better performances from him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Vibrant and enthusiastic player. Not a great cameo yesterday, granted, but there's elements in his style of play that I just love.
Hope to see him against Reading.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Yeah that cross he made to Johnson was truly world class... :D except it was to the opposition forward. Good thing Johnson is an absolute clown and somehow, shockingly managed to waste it (and thank God for Licha who got it back), but Pellistri definitely did his best to gift them a goal on 83rd minute. And that was seconds before he almost gave them penalty as well. Truly Messi level forward :)

I honestly think if Pellistri doesn't get his head out of his ass, he will be sold in the Summer and it will be good riddance. Hope we can make some money on him, for a change.
I tend to agree, i'm surprised at the glowing praise for him, i hope as much as anyone he can kick on and be big part of the team, but if McT or Sancho had played like him last night, they'd be getting heavily criticised.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I thought he was poor when he came on, he was nervous and looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Its understandable to be nervous so its not criticism as such but goes to show the fine margins we're dealing with, his mistake could have cost us and we'd have been going into the 2nd leg 2-1 rather than 3-0.

Hope to see more of him as he's clearly got ability and is a good option to have, although I would hope to see better performances from him.
Alternatively, Weghorst could have scored from his pinpoint cross to make it 4-0. Reminder, he was involved in our 3rd (non fictional) goal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Alternatively, Weghorst could have scored from his pinpoint cross to make it 4-0. Reminder, he was involved in our 3rd goal.
It was a good ball in I agree, whipped it in with good pace and was well defended.

To be clear, i'm not writing him off but i would expect to see more from him,i hope he gets a longer run out vs Reading so we can start to make a better assessment.

UpWithRivers

Defensively lacking but attacking wise he did as much as Antony in 20 minutes.

Defensively he looks too small and weak. But he put the effort in to track back. The giving the ball away and bringing the man down was 80 percent him and 20 percent the teams fault. He was given the ball in an impossible situation and had no outlet. No one made themselves available. No excuses. He should just punt the ball up the field. But still its partly the teams fault. Not like the rest of the team doesn't give the ball away. Casemiro was dispossessed like 4 times. Once at the edge of or penalty box. The bringing the player down was also party team fault. Why was he isolated one on one with their LW? that should not happen.

Attacking - He produced a beautiful cross on the outside and was through on the keeper twice. One lead to Brunos goal. He is lively and can go in both directions and can cross.

I like him. Good little player. Needs to hit the weights and bulk up a bit I think. I don't understand the grief he gets. Yes he's not quite ready but he looks like he has the attributes to be a good player. Needs a run of games

Zen86

I think he has a future here. Still a bit raw, but energetic and tenacious. Seems like the kind of player ETH would like.

zaafi

I tend to agree, i'm surprised at the glowing praise for him, i hope as much as anyone he can kick on and be big part of the team, but if McT or Sancho had played like him last night, they'd be getting heavily criticised.
If you can't praise an attacker for his offensive contributions and directness without being overly obsessed with a defensive mistake, then I don't know what to tell you. This is a young player who has played two cameos for us and is obviously very eager to show himself to get more playtime, likely very nervous as well. Mistakes will happen.
McTominay especially, and Sancho, has played professional football consistently for years and should absolutely be heavily criticised if they did this. In fact, McTominay does stuff like this almost every game at least once.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It was a good ball in I agree, whipped it in with good pace and was well defended.

To be clear, i'm not writing him off but i would expect to see more from him,i hope he gets a longer run out vs Reading so we can start to make a better assessment.
What more would you expect from a 20min cameo? How much did Garnacho do yesterday in comparison?

The lad got involved in the game from the get go and was creating chances. That's all we can ask for from a substitute. Granted he made a terrible error and almost gave away a penalty a few seconds later. But teaching him how to defend is far easier than teaching him how to attack and he's clearly got something in the final third. It was another positive cameo performance.

He impresses me every time I see him. Clearly has quality if nothing else we'll make a profit on him. But hopefully the club give him next season to see what he can do.

UpWithRivers

This is utter nonsense and it’s not even like there was any need for it.
What am I missing?

Antony - One shot on target that led to Weghorst goal. 1 One on one with keeper. One left foot curler that went wide. 0 crosses.
Pellestri - 2 times through on keeper. One really good cross to Weghorst.

Sure you can argue either way but its not utter nonsense.

Red_Heisenberg

How are those players comparable? It was pellistri's second game for us. Sancho and Mctominay have been playing top division football since 2017.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What more would you expect from a 20min cameo? How much did Garnacho do yesterday in comparison?

The lad got involved in the game from the get go and was creating chances. That's all we can ask for from a substitute. Granted he made a terrible error and almost gave away a penalty a few seconds later. But teaching him how to defend is far easier than teaching him how to attack and he's clearly got something in the final third. It was another positive cameo performance.

He impresses me every time I see him. Clearly has quality if nothing else we'll make a profit on him. But hopefully the club give him next season to see what he can do.
Not trying to get into a debate over it, its not a biggie. He might go on to be a world beater and lets hope he does, i'm certainly not looking to write him off. I agree he looks like he's got ability and i was really looking forward to seeing him get some minutes last night, but was underwhelmed with the output.

Smores

It's funny but senior players lacking match fitness always get excused for those kind of mistake yet youth players are expected to be completely sharp.

His 'nearly giving away a pen' was nothing of the sort it was a deliberate and smart foul outside the box. Thats exactly what you want your player to do in that position if they can't win the ball.

You've got to be a right miserable git to not enjoy an exciting cameo because of one misjudged pass.

Mike Smalling

Like many other youth players before him, he gets more and more amazing according to the Caf every time he doesn't play. He looks promising, and I hope he gets a start vs. Reading, but I'm sure there's a reason why Garnacho has featured heavily, while Pellistri hasn't. Everyone seems to be in agreement that ETH is doing a great job, so maybe also trust him with how much game time the youth players should be getting.

Sancho99

Why do people keep saying they were 2 "1v1s" like they were straight forward opportunities? The first was easier but still not straight forward, his first touch needed to be perfect slightly to the left of him. 2nd wasn't really a 1v1 as the pass from Bruno was too short and the defender managed to get back.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's funny but senior players lacking match fitness always get excused for those kind of mistake yet youth players are expected to be completely sharp.

His 'nearly giving away a pen' was nothing of the sort it was a deliberate and smart foul outside the box. Thats exactly what you want your player to do in that position if they can't win the ball.

You've got to be a right miserable git to not enjoy an exciting cameo because of one misjudged pass.
I think at least some of the criticism is a backlash to the growing notion that our incompetent manager has been unfairly excluding a right footed Lionel Messi, because of his impressive cameo against Charlton. So it’s fair enough to point out the evidence from last night that he isn’t yet ready to force himself into the first team on a regular basis.

The main thing is he’s getting minutes. That’s encouraging for us as fans and him as a player. Which is really all that matters for now.

RuudtheRed

I like him, he has a good cross on him and actually looks to take on his man when isolated 1 v 1. Bit of an unpopular opinion but I think he'll offer more than Amad

Lights Out

At least he did something most our players are reluctant or incapable of - he put in a cross that found it’s target! :eek:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I think at least some of the criticism is a backlash to the growing notion that our incompetent manager has been unfairly excluding a right footed Lionel Messi, because of his impressive cameo against Charlton. So it’s fair enough to point out the evidence from last night that he isn’t yet ready to force himself into the first team on a regular basis.

The main thing is he’s getting minutes. That’s encouraging for us as fans and him as a player. Which is really all that matters for now.
I would expect any even mildly lucid poster to skip through the sort of commentary you're talking about, pausing only for a pitying eye roll. The feeling that Pellistri should have a shot at Elangas minutes is a fair one in my view and people being unhappy at that misplaced pass being the take away from his cameo last night are 100% right. He's shown enough to deserve regular minutes. Which he looks like he might get. So all good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do some people even watch football? it really makes me laugh how they expect robots with zero mistakes, perfect decision making and anything less than that is rubbish, get rid.

Yes he screwed up a pass, it happens.

By the way, here's world player of the year that was sold for £80m a little while later

Dan_F

Very few teams play in a way where they target crosses any more and for good reason, we all know there’s a lack of quality number 9s. Whether that’s a chicken or egg situation is irrelevant because that’s just the situation we’re in. Why on earth would we start swinging in crosses for Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Antony to get on the end of.

Everyone got really excited because we now have a giant upfront, but from what fans of his previous clubs have said, he’s not exactly good in the air - two goals in a season for a team that spammed crosses kind of shows that.

Of course it might be a good option to have (see the Real Sociedad game) but it feels like Antony could have 10 nice moments in a match and get criticised, whereas Pellestri puts in one cross and gets praise. Antony’s shot that curled about a foot wide was far closer to a goal than that Pellestri cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.