Television Fallout TV Series

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It’s not at all important.
Ok, cool. I'll give it a spin.

If you didn’t think those episodes were good, I’d like to hear what is good in your opinion.
You quoted the wrong person here but happy to answer the question anyway. ;)

You have needed to have played the videogames or the TV show won't let you in.
No wonder I couldn't get it to start. Maybe I was just bottling Amazon Prime.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
How did vault 33 manage to capture some of the raiders?

Nickosaur

Got the mrs watching this and to my surprise she is really enjoying it!

Just finished ep4, so halfway through. Very good so far. The world building and constant blend between dark themes, violence and humour is excellent.

Nickosaur

Yea I can't lie. I'm loving this. It's made me want to go back and play the games....
Same here! I've played the shit of FO3, 4 and NV. Never played 1 and 2, and while I've heard they are very good, I think they might be a bit too 'different' to the more open world/action RPG I love so much.

Wing Attack Plan R

Just finished ep4, so halfway through. Very good so far. The world building and constant blend between dark themes, violence and humour is excellent.
I agree. They are pitching it so you don't know what to expect, you don't know which of the "name" actors might actually die in the next scene. It was interesting seeing Lucy use her wits to get ahead, for instance, in one scene.

Kaos

Yikes I agree it’s perhaps the best writing - but dated now and not sure id recommend it as first experience…
Call me a stinking hipster, but I never thought much of Bethesda's offerings (don't really rate them as a studio). Fallout 4 is hot garbage (as is 76), but Fallout 3 is a stellar experience provided you mod the game (which newcomers aren't going to get involved in much I'd wager).

New Vegas for me was what Fallout is supposed to be - no on rails BS story you're forced to play along with, real choices, great dialogue, complex characters and for me it encapsulates the dark humour and tone of the world perfectly. I don't think its aged anymore poorly than the other modern Fallout games, and provided new players can look beyond the dated visuals I reckon they'll have a great time of it. Only reason I wouldn't recommend it as a first experience is because it'll ruin the other (IMO) inferior games in the franchise :p

Its currently £2.50 in the steam store.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm no gamer, I haven't played any of the games or know anything about them. I'm 5 episodes in and it's good fun. First episode felt like a bit of a muddle, it also looked to have much lower production value than Ep2 onwards. In Ep1, everything inside the vault looked really cheap and fake, and that on and off slow-mo fight scene felt like something out of Letterkenny. Ep2 onwards has looked a lot slicker. Good mix of dark, gore and humour, no idea if that's in line with the tone of the games, but it's been a solid watch so far. Goggins is always great to watch.

jrsenior

First half of the season was pretty bad imho. Second half was better when the overall plot was more in focus. Still a lot of bad writing, main characters just happens to be crossing paths all the time to drive the plot forward.

Widow

Watched fully over 2 days and loved it, 9/10.

I've played all the games many times and loved the nod to the gamers, like the bobble head in the store and the lining in the suit. The wife enjoyed it and she has zero idea about the games/world of Fallout.

It can absolutely be enjoyed by those that are just being introduced to the Fallout genre but it's a far better show if you're aware or the lore. I hope it's not too much of a wait for season 2.

Mihai

Same here. Watched the first episode together and she enjoyed it even though never played or heard about the game.

tomaldinho1

Episode 2 done and still like it. Goggins is a great choice for the ghoul and I like it’s clearly not taking itself seriously. Being critical there’s a lot of convenient crossing paths of characters but that’s what a game is like. Big fight scene flying part was a bit naff but otherwise great.

stevoc

Finished it over the last two days. It’s pretty good in many ways. Some of the characters are great, with some wonderful interactions, yet it’s never truly great in any way. I’ve never played the game, nor am I even vaguely familiar with the world it’s set in, but I have to say that I found the general premise - as in the motivations behind the key Machiavellian characters - to be insanely stupid. Like unfathomably stupid. That sort of ruins the series for me, even though the vast majority of characters are good, acting quality, and the production great. All that said, it’s a really fun and easy watch.

Walter Goggins, as always, is superb.
Walton and yes he's brilliant.

Watched it over the weekend as I was sick. Loved it, though I never played the games. Somehow despite being a big gamer for many years.

Kaos

Ugh seeing that cnut
Michael Rapaport
making a cameo has soured it a bit for me.
Glad he was killed off so soon

Precaution

Never played the games but the show was excellent, loved ol' Goggings as always amazing in everything he's in, I liked Lucy too but for some reason I just can't like Maximus, stoick acting and all I could see was Finn (from star wars) same misunderstood lost guy who trys to become a badass but just looks stupid in doing so, weird comparison to make but even though different actor, same rubbish portrayal.

Other than that, loved the retro vibe and the reveals, now I should play the games

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Never played the games but the show was excellent, loved ol' Goggings as always amazing in everything he's in, I liked Lucy too but for some reason I just can't like Maximus, stoick acting and all I could see was Finn (from star wars) same misunderstood lost guy who trys to become a badass but just looks stupid in doing so, weird comparison to make but even though different actor, same rubbish portrayal.

Other than that, loved the retro vibe and the reveals, now I should play the games
I'd give the show a 9/10, but I agree on the Maximus stuff.
Would much rather the BoS main character just be a badass knight, rather than a nobody who is gonna ultimately do something special.
I watched episode one again and instantly was bored with his storyline

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who?

Oh, Michael Rapaport. I see someone posted in between.

I can't even remember him from Prison Break. He's good in Cop Land though, which sucks because he's toxic now.
He almost ruined a whole season of Justified as well.

Bobade

I had no idea he was like this. Just took a look at his twitter feed and it's truly embarrassing as well. He's carrying on like some tough guy reading a rejected script from Power.

Anyway, Fallout. It was far better than I expected. I'm a fairly big fan of the games and it definitely made me want to play them again. The humour was there, but it was funnier and more clever than the trailer had suggested. Good performances. Didnt like Maximus much , unlikeable character who seemed dumb as shit. Every decision he made was moronic and it irritated me.

I absolutely loved the back story scenes before the war. Can't say I really loved the ending though.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
On the second episode currently and i cannot stand this goddamn awful music from the 60s that is being played in every scene.. its annoying as feck..

didz

On the second episode currently and i cannot stand this goddamn awful music from the 60s that is being played in every scene.. its annoying as feck..
I'm pretty sure it's from the 40s and 50s mostly.

sepulturite

If you were familiar with the fallout games then you'd know why that type of music is in it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Two eps in. Decent so far but yet to take off for me at this point. All the characters crossing paths super easily and Maximus arc is already annoying me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Two eps in. Decent so far but yet to take off for me at this point. All the characters crossing paths super easily and Maximus arc is already annoying me.
I probably wouldn't have noticed characters crossing paths if it weren't for this thread. They do it in every show anyway, it's literally how the story is told, otherwise there isn't a story?

The worst was in ep 2 where maximus was just there at perfect timing though, that's the worst so far.

But yeah, the maximus story is feckin garbage.