Famous United fans...

ralphie88

Geoff Boycott, which is a bit weird.
Wasn't Michael Vaughan a United fan too? Born and brought up in Manchester.

Mike Atherton
Bertie Ahern
Simon Le Bon (bumped into him at Cardiff a few seasons back)
Jennifer Saunders (apparently)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wasn't Michael Vaughan a United fan too? Born and brought up in Manchester.
Mike Atherton
Bertie Ahern
Simon Le Bon (bumped into him at Cardiff a few seasons back)
Jennifer Saunders (apparently)
He's Sheffield Wednesday through and through unless you mean Atherton

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fair enough, I stand corrected. Sure I remember him saying he had United leanings due to his upbringing when he was on Radio 5 the other day.
You are right in that he was born In Salford but they moved when he was a kid. Think he's been the guest on one occasion doing the 1/2 time draw.So he must still have a soft spot for Utd but he goes to Hillsborough quite regularly

Pscholes18

Brad Pitt is a United fan. Also P Diddy apparently...

Ill assume most of the English entertainers who support United know a thing or two about them and catch a match now and then during the season. However I really doubt Brad Pitt, P Diddy, and Timberlake and most other American entertainers find time every weekend to sit down and watch a United match much less know anything about them.

Sir A1ex

Morrissey
Certainly has an interest and affinity for us, but was last heard to be claiming to be a Millwall fan. As with most things, he prefers to toy with the subject than really comit.
Certainly wouldn't class him as a celebrity fan - the day I see him on TV, enthusing about Rooney heading the winner in the European Cup final... I'll eat my Hatful of Hollow.:smirk:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Certainly has an interest and affinity for us, but was last heard to be claiming to be a Millwall fan. As with most things, he prefers to toy with the subject than really comit.
Certainly wouldn't class him as a celebrity fan - the day I see him on TV, enthusing about Rooney heading the winner in the European Cup final... I'll eat my Hatful of Hollow.:smirk:
Legend has it that during the 1995 Boxers tour, the godfather of indie had "Cantona" written on his tambourine.

In fact Morrissey has been a fan since back when Manchester United hats cost 12 shillings. "I once bought a Manchester United hat, which I think was 12 shillings," he told NME in 1988, "and somebody ran up behind me and pulled it off and just ran ahead. I thought - it's a very cruel world; I'm not prepared for this. And I decided to get my revenge on society."

Steven Wells: Why Morrissey should be England's new football manager | Football | guardian.co.uk

Then there's 'Roy's Keen' and 'Munich Air Disaster 1958' of course.

decorativeed

Sadly, later:

While Morrissey dislikes most other stars, it seems they haven't got much time for him either.

"There have been a few people who have shunned me. Keith Richards ... he knew me, but he didn't actually like me," he said.

There was also "somebody else who just completely blanked me in a shocking way, who just completely wiped me out of history".

The singer later told interviewer Paul Morley that the person in question was former Manchester United star Eric Cantona.
I have read he is no longer interested in football though.

decorativeed

Someone mentioned earlier Alan Partridge aka Steve Coogan is a Red, he is in fact a dirty Middleton Blue.
‘My four brothers play every week. I was the slightly poofy brother who doesn’t play because he’s scared of hurting himself. So I admit I’m a weekend Manchester United fan. I went once and was very chuffed when Beckham appeared with another new haircut and the away fans started chanting “Are you Paul Calf in disguise?” What pleased me most was that character had been off screen for about three years.’
Link

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
John Simm
Top red..Even called his kid Ryan.

Favourite current player: Ryan Giggs, it’s why my son’s called Ryan. I adore Paul Scholes – with my outlook on celebrity, if I was a footballer I’d be him. I don’t like the showbiz bit and I just want to get on with my job and he does that brilliantly. But there’s no more beautiful sight than seeing Ryan Giggs run down that wing. I’d loved Becks and Eric when they were here, but it has to be Giggs. No one’s won more than him – he’s just the best. He’s a shining example to anyone.

Sir A1ex

There was also "somebody else who just completely blanked me in a shocking way, who just completely wiped me out of history".
The singer later told interviewer Paul Morley that the person in question was former Manchester United star Eric Cantona. .
I know Eric had amazing powers, but he managed to wipe Morrissey out of history?:eek::confused:

Much as I love him, old Steven can be a drama-queen!