g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Draft - Isotope VS Kazi

Who will win based on the players peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annahnomoss

Team Isotope

I expect my team to play high tempo rock'n roll game, where our combative midfield to exert control of the match. The skillful and powerful trio of Rijkaard-Hierro-Ballack will provide the platform for the creative and deadly attacking force of Rivaldo-Savicevic-Papin to show off their quality.

The backline are guarded by Ferrara and Sanchis, two centerback legends for two of the best team in the world in the 90's. They are sided by Benarrivo and Angloma, two of the best attacking fullbacks in the late 90's. And protecting the goal is the legendary Gianluigi Buffon.

Rijkaard protecting defence, two box-to-box midfielders who can score goals, and attacking midfielders who can also provide width, plus a Ballon d'Or winner to finish of the move.

VERSUS
Team Kazi

Defensive Phase

Probably best to start here first. When my team is defending, we’ll turn into a 4-4-1-1, defending with two banks of four with Batistuta and one other attacker (usually Bale) left up the pitch for the counter attack. Bale is the default player left up the pitch to support Batistuta when I lose the ball, with the second bank of four being De Rossi-Makelele-Toure-Beckham. If however Beckham is caught high up the field when I lose the ball, he can be kept up for the counter with the second bank of four now becoming Bale-De Rossi-Makelele-Toure. If Toure is caught high up the pitch, it becomes Bale-De Rossi-Makelele-Beckham. The beauty of it is that all five are so strong defensively.

My back four consists of Brehme, Stam, Ferdinand and Ramos. In Ferdinand and Stam, I have two huge blokes but both very different. Stam will be the stopper. As good as he is, he may have his hands full with Papin. Ferdinand is the right next to him to sweep up. Couldn’t ask for a better partner, Rio is excellent at anticipating the opposition’s forward play. He’ll lead the back line. Ramos who is a front foot centre-back should find his job relatively easy at right back – I still think that is the position he is best at, makes much less mistakes there. On the other side, I’ve gone for a naturally attacking left back. While he’ll help on the counter-attack, he’ll be given a disciplined role when the opposition has the ball. Paroling his area is his number one concern. His stamina is one of his big strengths and it’ll be key in his role as he looks so stop up shut his opponent while providing extra width on the left when needed. Both full backs are versatile to come inside when need be (Brehme has played centrally in the past – albeit as a defensive midfielder) so they can keep tags on the inter-changing attacking midfielders Isotope’s team consists off. A quick mention to Cech, who is great at paroling his box, leading from the back, an excellent shot-stopper in his day and very rarely makes a mistake. Ideal keeper really.

The likes of Rivaldo, Savicevic and Ballack will find it difficult to work their magic in my packed midfield with cats like Makelele and De Rossi who are so disciplined defensively and always offer 100% concentration. Makelele vs Rivaldo may be a close battle, but it’s exactly the type of situation Makelele thrives in. He’ll be helped by Toure/De Rossi when necessary in any case. While Brehme and even Ramos could be left out of position at times, De Rossi or Yaya Toure will be there to fill the void at full back when need be. Beckham and Bale who have always been box-to-box wingers for the majority of their careers will be more than able to carry out their defensive duties

Attacking Phase

Naturally, I will look to play 4-3-3 in attack, with two proper wingers. Bale and Beckham could be the key in this match. I think the full-back region is an area I can target as Benarrivo and Angloma, while good full-backs in their own right, may find Bale and Beckham too much to handle. They can both beat the best full-backs one on one on their day. When going forward, Yaya Toure, De Rossi and even Ferdinand will be advised to play the ball out wide at every opportunity. I can see Bale and Beckham creating a lot of chances for the centre-forward and the two runners from midfield, and even looking to score themselves from wide positions.

Rijkaard has a tough job trying to keep tabs on both Yaya Toure and De Rossi, two exceptionally well rounded midfielders. Rijkaard is a legend and Toure/De Rossi are not, however they are exactly the type of midfielders that are likely to give Rijkaard problems in midfield. Toure is big and strong, goes past players like they’re not there and has two exceptional feet. He may work in bursts but that brings a surprise factor to his play too. De Rossi is different – he may not be as threatening at Toure going forward, but he’ll keep coming with his tenaciousness and may well provide a distraction for Toure. De Rossi is more likely of the two to spread play to the wings and forward for Batistuta.

Batistuta. He’s going to absolutely thrive in this team, hard to pick more perfect players to have behind him. He’ll get on the end of every cross from Bale, Beckham and Brehme, and he’ll get on the end of every forward ball from De Rossi and Ferdinand. Whether Ferrara or Sanchis partners Hierro, you really have to fancy Batistuta against any of the three one on one in most situations. He has it all as a centre-forward, pace, drive, passion, technical ability. He’s perfect for the counter-attack.

Talking of the counter-attack, it may well be my best route to goal. I don’t have a natural playmaker in midfielder – Beckham is the closest I have really. As I have already mentioned, I’ll switch to a 4-4-1-1 when defending, but when that ball becomes mine again, I have the players to get out quickly and will possibly find myself 1 on 2, 2 on 3 or even 2 on 2 at times. When Hierro ad Ferrara/Sanchis see Batistuta and Bale running towards them with the ball, they’ll be shitting their pants. And then there’s Beckham too. And Yaya Toure. My threat on the counter is serious. If Bale is central, this gives Brehme the chance to provide the width down the left with De Rossi covering for him, his stamina makes him ideal and his technical ability makes him just as much a threat as the others

Where the game will be won

· On the counter attack. My defence will not (hopefully) be penetrated by Isotope’s attacking players. I have too much fire power going forward to not catch Isotope out. My attacking players (Batistuta, Bale, Beckham, Toure) are built for this system and will continually open up Isotope’s attacking team with their quick direct play.

· In midfield. I simply have too many legs in midfield. Your attacking midfield players will find it hard to create and space/pockets to create openings. My midfielders cover every blade of grass and while the same can be said about Rijkaard, he is only one man and his work will be cut out.

· Batistuta vs Hierro and Ferrara/Sanchis. I really fancy Batistuta one on one vs either of your centre backs, whether it is on the surface or in the air, but especially in the air. Beckham, Bale and Brehme can be extreme accurate with their delivery and you have to fancy Batistuta’s chances there. One of the best in the air.

· My wingers vs Benarrivo and Angloma. Bale and Beckham both have the ability to beat the best full backs on their day, so against Benarrivo and Angloma, two full backs who were never the best in the world, they have every chance of getting the better of their full-back and providing tons of goals and assists from the flanks, which is what they’re best at.

Kazi

If anyone's interested, here are my player bios
Cech – Very composed keeper. Commands his box extremely well. Great shot-stopper in his day too. Very rarely will he make a mistake. Three time Uefa Best Goalkeeper.

Ramos – Talented and passionate – right back is a good position for him as he’s strong, fast, an excellent tackler and great on the ball. Knack of scoring important goals. Won it all at 28. Leader of men at a young age – big character. Four times in the Fifa World XI, two time La Liga Best Defender.

Ferdinand – Sir Alex’s greatest defender. You already know everything about this fella – perhaps his greatest strength is his anticipation. Six times in the PFA Team of the Year.

Stam – May well have been Sir Alex’s greatest defender if he retired at United. So big and so strong, takes a special forward to get past him. Two time Uefa Defender of the Year.

Brehme – Legendary left back. Hugely talented player who had it all as a footballer. While he may be known for his attacking play as a left back, he still possessed a lot of defensive attributes such as his positional play, speed and stamina. Great on the counter too. 3rd in ’90 Ballon D’or.

Makelele – The man Real Madrid have spent a billion euros trying to cover up the hole he left behind when he departed. Easily one of the best defensive midfielders of his time.

De Rossi – My defensive box-to-box midfielder, the Italian Roy Keane. So versatile – can play anywhere in midfield. An absolute class act on the ball. There’s nothing he can’t do as a footballer. Covers every blade of grass every time he steps onto a pitch.

Yaya Toure – Mr attacking box-to-box midfielder. Been used as a centre-back, an attacking midfielder and everywhere in between and has always been great. This position is where he’s best at. Gallops past players like they’re not there and scores loads. Three time African Footballer of the Year.

Beckham – Pinpoint accuracy with his distribution, crossing and set pieces. Very quick in his day and was always box-to-box for United – works hard for the team. Scored loads of wonder goals with a dead-ball and in open play. Extremely efficient; a game with a Beckham goal or assist is a rare game. 2nd in the ’99 Ballon D’or, Uefa Footballer of the Year ’99.

Bale – He’s an absolute monster. So quick, so powerful, so much technical ability. Only 24 years old but he’s already achieved more than most. Scores big goals and scores great goals. Special player. Never mind his season with Real, these are his 26 goals with Tottenham during 2012/13. Just look at how many of them are wonder goals. LOOK! ALMOST ALL OF THEM! WHAT A TALENT.

PFA Players’ Player of the year in 10/11 and 12/13.

Batistuta – Perfect centre-forward to build my team around. Absolutely has it all as a centre-forward – everything (think Gary Oldman’s ‘everyone’ in Leon). One man wrecking machine, give him scraps to work with and he’ll turn water into wine. Argentina all-time top goal-scorer, 3rd in the ‘99 Fifa Player of the Year.

Hierro in midfield makes sense. Was wondering how you were going to set-up with regards to him. Should make things easier for Batistuta now. :D

NoPace

Was leaning toward voting Kazi, but from the shape it looks like Riijkard and Makelele will be the players with the most time on the ball, and Riijkard will create more with that.

I think Isotope's front 3 might be too lazy, collectively.

Seems like a game likely to include some headed goals with Beckham's crossing on one side, Hierro and Ballack getting into the box late (and Rivaldo out left, where he could really hit a cross).

Will wait to see other people's comments before voting.

kps88

Yet another draft game where Beckham looks out of place in the formation graphic.

Moby

Dick
Went with Iso, very well constructed team. Just one complaint, not too convinced with Hierro as a box to box, given his passing range and vision I've always seen him as a DM than a B2B, when played in midfield. Him sitting next to Rijkaard should be a great midfield two.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Went with Iso, very well constructed team. Just one complaint, not too convinced with Hierro as a box to box, given his passing range and vision I've always seen him as a DM than a B2B, when played in midfield. Him sitting next to Rijkaard should be a great midfield two.
This. Though I also think you don't need both of Hierro and Rjjkard in there.

Not sure about this right now. Leaning towards Kazi. His defense is very well constructed and protected by Makelele to boot. With Bhreme and Ramos bombing forward, wings could be a problem for Isotope.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I've voted Kazi.

Hierro/Sanchis would have made a dream CB pairing, Putting him on Dm would have made sense, but a CM role he is well capable of playing, but not his niche, imo. Rijkaard when partnered with Seedorf and Davids is a completely different composition to Ballack/Hierro. Again with Beckham's passing and Bale's pace, I think Iso's midfield will suffer. Rivaldo's defensive contributions are not worth explaining further and the midfield will tilt this in favour of Kazi.

Do you have anyone in bench Iso?

VivaJanuzaj

I think Yaya is being used very well here, has two midfielders with a very high workrate to cover for his laziness, and doesn't need to do so much defensive work against Isotope's team. Kazi constructed a really good team. The way I see it, Makalele will mostly have Ballack/Hierro to deal with and won't do too much against Rivaldo or Savicevic, leaving Rivaldo for a big part of the game against the only weak(but really weak) spot of Kazi's defense - Ramos.

Mmmm.. Really leaning towards Kazi here because his team is perfectly balanced, but I need to think about it some more. I also think Beckham is too far high up the pitch.

crappycraperson

Scout
I think Yaya is being used very well here, has two midfielders with a very high workrate to cover for his laziness, and doesn't need to do so much defensive work against Isotope's team. Kazi constructed a really good team. The way I see it, Makalele will mostly have Ballack/Hierro to deal with and won't do too much against Rivaldo or Savicevic, leaving Rivaldo for a big part of the game against the only weak(but really weak) spot of Kazi's defense - Ramos.

Mmmm.. Really leaning towards Kazi here because his team is perfectly balanced, but I need to think about it some more. I also think Beckham is too far high up the pitch.
Why would Makelele concentrate on dealing with the two CMs? DDR and Toure can compete with them. Makelele has to close down the space for Rivaldo for here. It is a no brainer. It is better to leave either of those two CMs free for that much.

VivaJanuzaj

Why would Makelele concentrate on dealing with the two CMs? DDR and Toure can compete with them. Makelele has to close down the space for Rivaldo for here. It is a no brainer. It is better to leave either of those two CMs free for that much.
I thought we were supposed to be on the same side :D

The way I see it, Yaya shouldn't be employed with defending against either Ballack or Hierro, because of his shitty attitude and lack of work rate in defense. So I'd think Makalele will have to be dealing at least part time with one of them, while DDR is with the other. When Yaya decides to move back to defense Makalele will have frustrate Rivaldo, but I don't think it will be more than half the times, because Yaya will stay pretty forward, and press on Rijkaard mostly.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This. Though I also think you don't need both of Hierro and Rjjkard in there.

Not sure about this right now. Leaning towards Kazi. His defense is very well constructed and protected by Makelele to boot. With Bhreme and Ramos bombing forward, wings could be a problem for Isotope.
Hierro as a box to box midfielder? :confused:
I've voted Kazi.

Hierro/Sanchis would have made a dream CB pairing, Putting him on Dm would have made sense, but a CM role he is well capable of playing, but not his niche, imo. Rijkaard when partnered with Seedorf and Davids is a completely different composition to Ballack/Hierro. Again with Beckham's passing and Bale's pace, I think Iso's midfield will suffer. Rivaldo's defensive contributions are not worth explaining further and the midfield will tilt this in favour of Kazi.

Do you have anyone in bench Iso?
Some interesting reactions here to the early Hierro. I'd agree with Sanchís around Iso could have done with that defensive pair and getting someone else in midfield (e.g. Lucho, who went for peanuts). YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I just nailed a Uruguay-England ticket. Finally!!!!!

Anyway, where was I? Yeah, Hierro, his best midfield role wasn't as a holding midfielders but a CM who would playmake and bomb forward for long rangers and headers. In fact, his career scoring high for a season is better than Ballack's.

Re: Rijkaard, that was his role for Milan. He also played CB for the Dutch whenever they had a big game. He is better at that DM role than Hierro and, likewise, Hierro will be far more competent than Rijkaard in the attacking duties required in that CM role. Would I call Hierro "box-to-box"? Probably not, but as a CM, in that setup, he could really have a very good game.

Anyway
, can't even remember if this is what I set out to right. So excited! :drool:

Kazi

@Kazi why does Bale fall down so much when he scores on your video? :lol: :lol:
I didn't notice that. That video gets me pumped.

I don't think people should read too much into how high up I've placed Beckham. Was just to make it look nice really - he was always box-to-box for United.

Also, Ramos as a right-back isn't defensively weak imo. As a centre-back, yes.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah. Not pure box to box, but Hierro racked up 55 goals in 141 games (1991-1993) playing in midfield (with best season 26 goals).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And Michael Ballack, was a playmaker for Germany NT. He won the German Footballer of the Year award three times, UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year in 2002.

His scoring record with Bayern Munich is 44 goals in 107 games. Ballack is still among German NT top goalscorer with 42 goals in 98 caps.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And of course those stats are all coming from my intensive researches.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Looking at Kazi's team, the team's creativity depend on Yaya Toure. Wonderful player, but frankly, hasn't done anything worth internationally as playmaker.

Kazi

Looking at Kazi's team, the team's creativity depend on Yaya Toure. Wonderful player, but frankly, hasn't done anything worth internationally as playmaker. His CL medal in 2009 came as John Terry's moment.
I agree, he's not a natural playmaker. The closest I have to a playmaker is Beckham. But as I've said, my main threat may be on the counter, and that is where those two, and Bale, and Batistuta will thrive. Especially down the wings.

dannymc1309

Very close for me. Beckham is the ideal RM in terms of defensive responsibility and ability to protect the possibly suspect Ramos in this game. Although I'm not trying to be negative towards Ramos here he is undoubtably the weak link in the defence and I like Beckham being infront of him here, infact I could be wrong but I think I had the exact same pairing in a recent draft in the newbies.

As good as Isotope's attacking 3 and central 3 are (including personal favs of mine), I like Kazi's defensive shape and think once set that could be tough to break down. If Kazi can win the ball back he has 2 good ball carriers in Bale/Yaya and the excellent Beckham who could advance them 40 yards forward from deep with Batistuta who would thrive from his service.

In short I'm siding with Kazi so far I think but look forward to reading the thread!

Kazi

Just realised Ramos has 115 caps for Spain during their most successful period ever, and he only just turned 28. Weak link?!

I think it's a pretty even match-up. The only real mis-match I see is my wingers vs his full-backs. That area has the most potential to score and create goals than anywhere else on the pitch for either team.

dannymc1309

Just realised Ramos has 115 caps for Spain during their most successful period ever, and he only just turned 28. Weak link?!

I think it's a pretty even match-up. The only real mis-match I see is my wingers vs his full-backs. That area has the most potential to score and create goals than anywhere else on the pitch for either team.
To say Ramos is the weaker of that back 4 isn't really a slight on him to be fair, I just remember having to jump to his defence a lot in a similar situation!

antohan

I rate Angloma higher among RBs than I rate Bale among wingers/inside forwards TBH. Benarrivo is the sort of tireless and committed fullback I would want on Beckham. He will still get crosses in, he always did. What I'm not sure about is Sanchís and Ferrara keeping Batistuta away from connecting to those crosses.

With this game in mind I would have benched Sanchís, and played Hierro and Ferrara as the CBs. That's IMO your only credible route to goal. Rijkaard will eat Yaya for dinner, let alone with Hierro and Ballack also in that midfield, Bale's threat won't amount to all that much, but Beckham crossing to Batistuta and Sanchís getting beaten is indeed an issue here. I could see you scoring one or even two as it is. Maybe one considering it's Buffon in nets.

However strong your central pair is, I could see iso scoring more from the combined threat of Rivaldo, Savicevic and Hierro/Ballack bursting forward at will. It's not like either has much to worry about from your central midfielders, Rijkaard will take care of that.

Kazi

I rate Angloma higher among RBs than I rate Bale among wingers/inside forwards TBH. Benarrivo is the sort of tireless and committed fullback I would want on Beckham. He will still get crosses in, he always did. What I'm not sure about is Sanchís and Ferrara keeping Batistuta away from connecting to those crosses.

With this game in mind I would have benched Sanchís, and played Hierro and Ferrara as the CBs. That's IMO your only credible route to goal. Rijkaard will eat Yaya for dinner, let alone with Hierro and Ballack also in that midfield, Bale's threat won't amount to all that much, but Beckham crossing to Batistuta and Sanchís getting beaten is indeed an issue here. I could see you scoring one or even two as it is. Maybe one considering it's Buffon in nets.

However strong your central pair is, I could see iso scoring more from the combined threat of Rivaldo, Savicevic and Hierro/Ballack bursting forward at will. It's not like either has much to worry about from your central midfielders, Rijkaard will take care of that.
Will his attacking midfielders really be a threat when I have both Makelele and De Rossi in there. Not to mention my other midfielders who are sound defensively.

I don't know if Rijkaard will find it that easy tbh. I'm not sure if he's ever come up against a central midfielder like Yaya Toure. He may work in bursts but when he does burst, he can be impossible to stop. De Rossi will do his best to keep Rijkaard busy too, hopefully leaving gaps for Toure to exploit.

Yeah, I said the game can be won with Batistuta against his defenders in the air in the OP. He's one of the best centre-forwards when it comes to heading, and has great delivery boys on either side - Brehme could be crucial down the left.

Bale on the counter if he catches Angloma out of position will be a threat. If I can get the ball out to him quickly enough, there's not many players in the whole draft (if any) that can catch him. He'll stay on his feet if they try taking him down too.

Honestly think that if you put both XIs out on the pitch, I'll have a lot more freedom going forward.

VivaJanuzaj

Went for Kazi, not sure Iso's attack can crack that defense with the cover it will get from midfield. I agree Beckham is being used really wrong here which made me consider a little more, but I think Becks will simply stop listening to Kazi and play a little more backwards, and if the formation would've showed it it would've looked disgusting.

I think Kazi is more likely to score with a Batistuta wonder or a cross from Becks to Yaya in a set piece

antohan

Will his attacking midfielders really be a threat when I have both Makelele and De Rossi in there. Not to mention my other midfielders who are sound defensively.

I don't know if Rijkaard will find it that easy tbh. I'm not sure if he's ever come up against a central midfielder like Yaya Toure. He may work in bursts but when he does burst, he can be impossible to stop. De Rossi will do his best to keep Rijkaard busy too, hopefully leaving gaps for Toure to exploit.

Yeah, I said the game can be won with Batistuta against his defenders in the air in the OP. He's one of the best centre-forwards when it comes to heading, and has great delivery boys on either side - Brehme could be crucial down the left.

Bale on the counter if he catches Angloma out of position will be a threat. If I can get the ball out to him quickly enough, there's not many players in the whole draft (if any) that can catch him. He'll stay on his feet if they try taking him down too.

Honestly think that if you put both XIs out on the pitch, I'll have a lot more freedom going forward.
I don't think stocking up on Makeleles deals with Ballack and Hierro effectively. Savicevic and Rivaldo are the sort of player they would try hound and they can pull wide while the other two bomb forward centrally. It's a bit of an oveerkill and i find it ineffectual, particularly when in the process you lose any creativity through the middle. You will only ever score via cross to Batistuta here, which you will, but I don't see the freedom going forward you are talking about.

You have a point re: Brehme. I really don't rate Bale at this level but if he does a good job of keeping Angloma busy then Brehme will be delivering from the left, indeed.

Kazi

I don't think stocking up on Makeleles deals with Ballack and Hierro effectively. Savicevic and Rivaldo are the sort of player they would try hound and they can pull wide while the other two bomb forward centrally. It's a bit of an oveerkill and i find it ineffectual, particularly when in the process you lose any creativity through the middle. You will only ever score via cross to Batistuta here, which you will, but I don't see the freedom going forward you are talking about.

You have a point re: Brehme. I really don't rate Bale at this level but if he does a good job of keeping Angloma busy then Brehme will be delivering from the left, indeed.
I wouldn't say it's an overkill, bit harsh on De Rossi and Toure to call it that. They're both all-rounders in midfield that can adjust to the situation (especially DDR) unlike Makelele, who is more one-dimensional but is so good at what he does.

I'm not too fussed about not having much creativity through the middle. I'm happy to let Isotope control the game. The beauty of my team is that everyone is a grafter except maybe Toure but that's okay because I'm happy to let him preserve his energy for when he bursts forward. I always have someone to cover a teammate when out of position. Only takes one simple ball forward when I win it back for my attackers to be off. While I agree that creativity through the middle is still important, I think its importance is quite minimal in my team.

crappycraperson

Scout
Toure getting a bit undersold here. antohan is right that Rjjakrd simply won't allow him to exert any influence in front of the box but he is still not a passenger in that MF. He will compete with Ballack and Hierro. I also don't think his level is that far off from Ballack infact it can be argued which one was the better player.
Kazi has an unattractive but a clear route to goal with anyone of Becks, Ramos or Brehme supplying a ball to Batigol to latch on to.

Kazi in addition to De Rossi and Makelele also has the pair of Stam and Rio in the middle. That's as solid as it gets. Scoring through middle won't be easy for Isotope either.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Toure getting a bit undersold here. antohan is right that Rjjakrd simply won't allow him to exert any influence in front of the box but he is still not a passenger in that MF. He will compete with Ballack and Hierro. I also don't think his level is that far off from Ballack infact it can be argued which one was the better player.
Kazi has an unattractive but a clear route to goal with anyone of Becks, Ramos or Brehme supplying a ball to Batigol to latch on to.

Kazi in addition to De Rossi and Makelele also has the pair of Stam and Rio in the middle. That's as solid as it gets. Scoring through middle won't be easy for Isotope either.
I agree with most of this. Becks or Brehme to Batigol is imo the best route to a goal and I can't see Isotope coming back into the game if he concedes first.

Moby

Dick
Interesting that most here consider Batigol as an ideal man in a 4-5-1 to play up front. I mean, I consider him one of the most complete strikers and love him to bits but I don't remember him being a lone striker, say someone like Drogba. Usually played at his peak alongside someone.

crappycraperson

Scout
Interesting that most here consider Batigol as an ideal man in a 4-5-1 to play up front. I mean, I consider him one of the most complete strikers and love him to bits but I don't remember him being a lone striker, say someone like Drogba. Usually played at his peak alongside someone.
That's a part of fantasy draft though. You can't always have players playing in exact role as they did before otherwise if a player from 1950's should never fit it into a modern formation. As I see it Batistuta had all the attributes to survive as a lone striker.

Moby

Dick
That's a part of fantasy draft though. You can't always have players playing in exact role as they did before otherwise if a player from 1950's should never fit it into a modern formation. As I see it Batistuta had all the attributes to survive as a lone striker.
He would do the job here, I don't have much doubt in it. As I said he's so complete that he would play in most roles and do well, just that you won't get THE Batigol who was that complete powerhouse. In particular his impact when he dropped deep, whether bring others into play or surprising the keeper with that absolute rocket of a shot he had, like he did to Schmeichel.

I'd say a bit similar to Ibra. Not many would have a problem with Ibra as a lone striker, but if you want to impact the game with all his skills it's much better to have another striker alongside him who occupies the penalty area most of the time and gives him the freedom. That was one reason I was excited about the Cavani transfer.