Fantasy Draft - Isotope VS Kazi

Who will win based on the players peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
This is brilliant :lol:. Great job, crappy.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That is not a bad idea at all. Keepers should be valued on their whole rather for just their penalty shoot-out ability. Could give a huge bonus for a Yashin then over someone else which is fair enough.

If you spent 30 millions on Yashin you deserve some kind of benefit from it.
Keep distracting crappy and the managers here will ask for you to get banned.

Annahnomoss

Could make the shootouts quite boring though. It's best not to have any expectation on misses. A 20% save chance would mean you can't concede more than four. Spoils the fun.
Well, it would be randomized so a 20% save chance wouldn't help you every time if you are unlucky.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sanchís is quite simply the wrong man to play in a game set up like that. Not his strongest suit at all.
Sanchis is there for his leadership, and he's not THAT short with 6ft frame.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Isotope - Fifth Pen

Ballack shoots .. Cech dives... and

Jeez.. he is German folks.. of course he scores.. Ballacks slots it calmy to his right.. Cech went the opposite direction

We are tied at 4-4

Sudden death!

antohan

Sanchis is there for his leadership, and he's not THAT short with 6ft frame.
You wouldn't need leadership with Ferrara and Hierro around. Aerial presence isn't just a height issue, comparatively short as he was, he just wasn't that good at it.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I don't understand why people are talking while the penalty shoot out is up :lol: it's like talking with your misses about going shopping in the middle of sex

antohan

I don't understand why people are talking while the penalty shoot out is up :lol: it's like talking with your misses about going shopping in the middle of sex
You are thinking about it the wrong way around. Imagine Iso and kazi F5ing like crazy and reading loads of guff. We are just being annoying. Well, I am :angel: I think Annah is just dead serious about this plan to give us keepers with better saving odds which then get randomised so they are as good as toast.

crappycraperson

Scout
You are thinking about it the wrong way around. Imagine Iso and kazi F5ing like crazy and reading loads of guff. We are just being annoying. Well, I am :angel: I think Annah is just dead serious about this plan to give us keepers with better saving odds which then get randomised so they are as good as toast.
You can't introduce that in the middle of the draft. We can give it a go next time

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
:lol: but that just sounds like a perfect fit for my example - the misses would be dead serious about shopping and I'd be bloody annoyed!

Annahnomoss

Randomising fixed probabilities?
You said 20% chance to save "means you can not concede more than 4". Randomizing a 20% chance to save means you can concede more than 4, but also save more than 1 in 5. So there is still no certainty in it, even if one team has Yashin and the other Hart.

Of course, if team 1 has spent 30 millions to get Yashin and manages to draw a team who spent 30 millions more. Then it is fair that they are given an advantage in the penalty shoot-outs as they had a disadvantage in the regular match-up as not a lot of people take the goalkeeper in to considerations.

antohan

You said 20% chance to save "means you can not concede more than 4". Randomizing a 20% chance to save means you can concede more than 4, but also save more than 1 in 5. So there is still no certainty in it, even if one team has Yashin and the other Hart.

Of course, if team 1 has spent 30 millions to get Yashin and manages to draw a team who spent 30 millions more. Then it is fair that they are given an advantage in the penalty shoot-outs as they had a disadvantage in the regular match-up as not a lot of people take the goalkeeper in to considerations.
That reads like we will need a rocket scientist to run your shootouts. I would stick to trippy and crappy instead.

Moby

Dick
You can't introduce that in the middle of the draft. We can give it a go next time
Ya of course not in this draft. But I share the same feeling that we can make slight improvements on the current shootout format which is pretty much primitive and completely based on luck.

One small change that I would like to propose, in light of what anto brought up, could be that when the managers are submitting the list, they HAVE TO choose one name and assign an "PS" in front of him where PS stands for Possibility to Sky.

So it would go like Sergio Ramos - Shoots center - PS

And then, when that player's turn comes in the shootout, the conductor goes to this site http://www.random.org/coins/

and flips a coin. Say if you get heads then the penalty stays as it was but if you get tails, he skies it.

Annahnomoss

That reads like we will need a rocket scientist to run your shootouts. I would stick to trippy and crappy instead.
Well it isn't that hard is it? You check the save compared to the shot, if it was a goal you use a randomizer with 5 options and one of them is save and 4 is goal.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Ya of course not in this draft. But I share the same feeling that we can make slight improvements on the current shootout format which is pretty much primitive and completely based on luck.

One small change that I would like to propose, in light of what anto brought up, could be that when the managers are submitting the list, they HAVE TO choose one name and assign an "PS" in front of him where PS stands for Possibility to Sky.

And then, when that player's turn comes in the shootout, the conductor goes to this site http://www.random.org/coins/

and flips a coin. Say if you get heads then the penalty stays as it was but if you get tails, he skies it.
Ffs, that's mental. I'm totally against it, do you guys know how often I have to suffer through this shit. Don't make it even worse. And how does that PS idea - sounds fun by the way - reduce the luck factor? :lol:

Moby

Dick
Ffs, that's mental. I'm totally against it, do you guys know how often I have to suffer through this shit. Don't make it even worse. And how does that PS idea - sounds fun by the way - reduce the luck factor? :lol:
:lol: Actually it wasn't to address the luck factor, that one is really tough. After all, real shootouts are largely based on luck (unless you have a mental fecker like Lehmann pulling out fake chits from his shorts to confuse the Argentine players :lol: ) so whatever solution is proposed for that one has to be careful and not make them predictable.

I was just trying to add a feature that would provide us with an occasional skier. That is something we do see from time to time in shootouts and this could be a decent way to add them.

antohan

I was thinking something similar in terms of running 10 values, 9 being ongoal and one being skies it. Wherever the skies it falls there's a miss whatever the keeper does.

It's still random luck though.

What you could do to consider keepers is run it in two sets of 5 as some sort of handicap against the rival keeper. E.g. Schmeichel is 40% and Cudicini 10%. In that case you would randomise 5 situations for Cudicini: 3 OK, 2 NOK. There would then be 2 penos (say, the 3rd and 5th, as per ordered result) in which even if Cudicini dives the right way he doesn't get the ball. The "random element" would be that those may well be wasted on shots where he didn't even dive the right way. For Schmeichel you would run 9 OK and 1 NOK. IF the NOK falls in one of the first five shots then if he saved that one he wouldn't reach it.

I think that allows for relative keeper advantage while keeping it unpredictable.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Isotope for the next six hours

Meh.. frankly, I'm just a bit annoyed that this game should even go to pelanty. But that's football. It's all about opinion.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
I was thinking something similar in terms of running 10 values, 9 being ongoal and one being skies it. Wherever the skies it falls there's a miss whatever the keeper does.

It's still random luck though.

What you could do to consider keepers is run it in two sets of 5 as some sort of handicap against the rival keeper. E.g. Schmeichel is 40% and Cudicini 10%. In that case you would randomise 5 situations for Cudicini: 3 OK, 2 NOK. There would then be 2 penos (say, the 3rd and 5th, as per ordered result) in which even if Cudicini dives the right way he doesn't get the ball. The "random element" would be that those may well be wasted on shots where he didn't even dive the right way. For Schmeichel you would run 9 OK and 1 NOK. IF the NOK falls in one of the first five shots then if he saved that one he wouldn't reach it.

I think that allows for relative keeper advantage while keeping it unpredictable.
Yeah nice option. Would need some preparation though. To start with you will have to prepare a list of keepers with the corresponding handicap, etc.

antohan

I was just trying to add a feature that would provide us with an occasional skier. That is something we do see from time to time in shootouts and this could be a decent way to add them.
The easy solution for those is claiming it was skied in one of those that it gets saved, just to mix things up a bit. I like the PS thing though, imagine being behind and your PS fecker comes forth for your fifth peno :lol:

antohan

Yeah nice option. Would need some preparation though. To start with you will have to prepare a list of keepers with the corresponding handicap, etc.
Yeah, that's the issue with all this stuff. Wasn't as difficult as expected with TPs. Same here, you would give a bonus for certain known better keepers, everyone else gets 0%, i.e. no advantage. People would pay more for the advantage in an eventual shootout (Balu would, surely) or just get any old keeper for a tenner and hope they never go to penos.

Moby

Dick
Yeah, that's the issue with all this stuff. Wasn't as difficult as expected with TPs. Same here, you would give a bonus for certain known better keepers, everyone else gets 0%, i.e. no advantage. People would pay more for the advantage in an eventual shootout (Balu would, surely) or just get any old keeper for a tenner and hope they never go to penos.
That could be brilliant as it would in a way elevate the value of those keepers who have a good % in their favour. We might see keepers not being completely neglected.

Kazi

feck sake. Happy I saw it went to sudden death before I saw how the penalties went. But did Buffon actually dive to his left for the last penalty or not?!

Who should I send them to, @crappycraperson or @Annahnomoss
Don't think we should do it until Isotope is online again anyway.

Btw, when I saw 'sudden death', I said it like how the ref said it in Dodgeball.

Annahnomoss

feck sake. Happy I saw it went to sudden death before I saw how the penalties went. But did Buffon actually dive to his left for the last penalty or not?!

Who should I send them to, @crappycraperson or @Annahnomoss
Don't think we should do it until Isotope is online again anyway.

Btw, when I saw 'sudden death', I said it like how the ref said it in Dodgeball.
If Crappy wants to continue he should, he did a brilliant job with this.

crappycraperson

Scout
Kazi who had left the stadium thinking he had won, hurries back in, calls bale over n whispers something in his ear.

Bale with collars up, brewing with confidence of his recent big goals, steps up to take the pen. ....