Fantasy Draft - Isotope VS Kazi

Who will win based on the players peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VivaJanuzaj

:lol: brilliant stuff so far. I think when Buffon saved that last shot he really stayed in the middle but Crappy only added that dive-last-ditch-save to the drama.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Kazi 6th pen

Bale shoots from a standing position ...Buffon is frozen...he does not even move.,. It's hit the post!!!!!

4-4

Last edited:

crappycraperson

Scout
Isotope 6th pen

Papin jogs in .. Stops... Continues.. Cech is thinking why way to dive and...

He puts it to the right. ..cech is rooted

Isotope wins 5-4

VivaJanuzaj

At least we know who is likely to be the best loser :lol:

Great work. @Isotope I think you would've had my vote if you were to start with that team, I think Hierro is important there in defense against that attack.

Kazi

Please don't show my sudden death penalties crappy :lol:

@Isotope Good game mate, probably right you've won on penalties with three Brits in my team

crappycraperson

Scout
Shooting
1. Batistuta - Centre
2. Brehme - Centre
3. Toure - Centre
4. Beckham - Centre
5. De Rossi - Centre

Saves
1. Cech - Right
2. Cech - Right
3. Cech - Right
4. Cech - Right
5. Cech - Right
Sudden death all center as well

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What do you think about the idea of giving goalkeepers a certain percent to make a save in penalty shoot-outs? To give them some kind of value in these drafts as that value doesn't exist for the voters.

So say you have Yashin and it goes to penalty shoot-outs, you'd get a say 33% chance of saving even when the opponent shot left and you stood still in the middle.

Would give some value to the goalkeepers without being too extreme as some people still take them in to account for the voting.
Or you can choose - either to play the ball/player or to gamble and choose where to dive before the shot - like in real life. And if you choose to play the ball you have a n% chance of saving it which can be decided for all the keepers or individually.

Anti-DNA

The best of Rijkaard isn't necessarily what we should judge the players of in terms of which positions they could be played in. Someone like Gullit was best as a second striker, but everybody knows he was a versatile player capable of more roles than so.

Rijkaard was even in his Milan time used in a more defensive role in Europe and for the Dutch national team. If he scored 11 goals in a season, 10 of those were in the Italian league as he just averaged one goal a season in Europe as they wanted him in a more defensively balanced role there.

Rijkaard of course further proved his ability in LVG's Ajax where he played as a DM in front of a back-three of De Boer-Blind-Reizeiger and he kept that balanced enough to win the CL.

So even if it is fair to say Rijkaards best years came in Milan, it is also unfair to say he'd be worse in the position he is played in here as it is a position he has proven himself in, both the purely defensive midfielder role and primarily the defensive box to box role.

For the dutch NT he scored 1 goal in 4 years in the peak you have mentioned which shows he wasn't used as an all-round midfielder but rather as a defensively minded one.'
I understand. But when Rijkaard was in Milan, he said that he did not like playing the role of "stopper" in the midfield. This was during the time where Sacchi was testing with the style of play in 1988-89. In the match against Torino, he was the stopper in midfield and by his own admission it was the worst match of his life.

Rijkaard would say that he was comfortable playing any role in midfield and defence but when he played rarely as the "stopper" in midfield, he would struggle very often. But he was very capable in central defence and in central midfield. One of the best performances of Rijkaard in defence was against Juventus in October 1998, where he was described as playing the role of "defender and regista" to the highest level.

Sacchi had realised that Ancelotti-Rijkaard was the right group for centre midfield and by February 1989, he said that his best team included the midfield of Evani-Rijkaard-Ancelotti-Donadoni. Maybe I interpreted the picture wrongly, because it is clear the position is of the "stopper" and that he had the role of "protecting the defence", which was not Rijkaard. Even though he was slow, he was a running midfielder very often. That was part of the pressing — I think of "protecting the defence" like Desailly, like Makélélé.

Rijkaard did not score many goals but he helped create them as well. Maybe ten goals a season from 1988-1990. The difference in play from someone like Rijkaard to Desailly was very clear. Desailly did not have any of the technical ability of Rijkaard.

Rijkaard was not the type of player to play very strict as the "stopper" in midfield because it did not fit his style, this is what I am trying to say. It is also notable that Rijkaard was playing in defence at EC 1988 and WC 1990.

Annahnomoss

I understand. But when Rijkaard was in Milan, he said that he did not like playing the role of "stopper" in the midfield. This was during the time where Sacchi was testing with the style of play in 1988-89. In the match against Torino, he was the stopper in midfield and by his own admission it was the worst match of his life.

Rijkaard would say that he was comfortable playing any role in midfield and defence but when he played rarely as the "stopper" in midfield, he would struggle very often. But he was very capable in central defence and in central midfield. One of the best performances of Rijkaard in defence was against Juventus in October 1998, where he was described as playing the role of "defender and regista" to the highest level.

Sacchi had realised that Ancelotti-Rijkaard was the right group for centre midfield and by February 1989, he said that his best team included the midfield of Evani-Rijkaard-Ancelotti-Donadoni. Maybe I interpreted the picture wrongly, because it is clear the position is of the "stopper" and that he had the role of "protecting the defence", which was not Rijkaard. Even though he was slow, he was a running midfielder very often. That was part of the pressing — I think of "protecting the defence" like Desailly, like Makélélé.

Rijkaard did not score many goals but he helped create them as well. Maybe ten goals a season from 1988-1990. The difference in play from someone like Rijkaard to Desailly was very clear. Desailly did not have any of the technical ability of Rijkaard.

Rijkaard was not the type of player to play very strict as the "stopper" in midfield because it did not fit his style, this is what I am trying to say. It is also notable that Rijkaard was playing in defence at EC 1988 and WC 1990.
I agree with this, with Rijkaard you have someone who can offer much more than "just" a stopper. He can keep the team well balanced defensively but still provide offensive capabilities and outbursts forward. Again I would have no issues with someone playing Rijkaard in his latter role as a real DM either though as he was brilliant there as well although not in his peak of course.

I do think the statement from Isotope is a bit generic to claim he is actually playing as a immobile DM who will just protect the defense. It seems more like he's saying he will protect the defense, which I agree that he will, but his role as a whole isn't really described.

If he's supposed to play the defensively minded midfield role in the Makelele way then it would be slightly odd indeed.