Fantasy Draft - Isotope VS Kazi

Who will win based on the players peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He would do the job here, I don't have much doubt in it. As I said he's so complete that he would play in most roles and do well, just that you won't get THE Batigol who was that complete powerhouse. In particular his impact when he dropped deep, whether bring others into play or surprising the keeper with that absolute rocket of a shot he had, like he did to Schmeichel.

I'd say a bit similar to Ibra. Not many would have a problem with Ibra as a lone striker, but if you want to impact the game with all his skills it's much better to have another striker alongside him who occupies the penalty area most of the time and gives him the freedom. That was one reason I was excited about the Cavani transfer.
Couldn't Bale play that 2nd striker role? Especially in transition out of that 442ish defensive shape, that Kazi mentioned in his write-up? I can see it work here in a counterattacking set-up, in a more open game, I'd agree that it could be a bit of a problem, but then I'd say he would miss someone like Rui Costa more than a 2nd striker.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It's a bit of a double whammy though. With Rijkaard being there, there is not a single no.10 bar Maradona and may be Platini who would get any credit in this match of making any kind of impact. That's how drafts work.

Moby

Dick
Couldn't Bale play that 2nd striker role? Especially in transition out of that 442ish defensive shape, that Kazi mentioned in his write-up? I can see it work here in a counterattacking set-up, in a more open game, I'd agree that it could be a bit of a problem, but then I'd say he would miss someone like Rui Costa more than a 2nd striker.
I think it's better for both him and the team that he stays out wide and keeps Angloma occupied allowing Brehme some freedom like anto mentioned in which case the german can make some serious impact. Iso's central core is quite strong and I wouldn't expect Bale to do much from there. Apart from a crazy long shot that he manages to hit perfectly, I can't see him given much space to run through on goal or around the box. And the long shot being covered by Buffon also makes things in Iso's favour.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just worth to mention how 'average' Bale in big game against decent defence.

Kazi

Just worth to mention how 'average' Bale in big game against decent defence.
He's played two huge games in his career. Scored the winner in both.

Also scored against United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal (twice) in the league during his last season with Spurs. Let's not forget his hat-trick in the San Siro either.

Moby

Dick

Also scored against United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal (twice) in the league during his last season with Spurs. Let's not forget his hat-trick in the San Siro either.
FWIW he was absolutely anonymous the one time I watched him live. :p And it was a pretty important game as they were trailing and needed a draw to go to the next round.

But yea, after this season with Madrid it's harsh to fault him of not showing up in important situations.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Interesting that most here consider Batigol as an ideal man in a 4-5-1 to play up front. I mean, I consider him one of the most complete strikers and love him to bits but I don't remember him being a lone striker, say someone like Drogba. Usually played at his peak alongside someone.
You know I don't rate him as the sole frontman either, but I can see him getting at the end of those crosses. Your point is valid in that he won't be fully utilised, Vieri would be more effective, as would Drogba or anyone else who can exert aerial dominance. A bit one dimensional as a use of Batistuta, and with a Ferrara-Hierro partnership Kazi would look pretty toothless, but Sanchís makes it far more vulnerable.

Kazi

You know I don't rate him as the sole frontman either, but I can see him getting at the end of those crosses. Your point is valid in that he won't be fully utilised, Vieri would be more effective, as would Drogba or anyone else who can exert aerial dominance. A bit one dimensional as a use of Batistuta, and with a Ferrara-Hierro partnership Kazi would look pretty toothless, but Sanchís makes it far more vulnerable.
I don't know. I think I'd stand a better chance with Batistuta as a lone striker than Vieri or Drogba. He's the first forward I thought of when I was constructing my team. Maybe I was too focused on using a TP striker, but he's definitely the best one of the TPs for my system.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

When he scored against Barca, he was against a naive wet behind ear right back. Not to mention the Gk Barca had (Pinto). Now he's against Angloma and Buffon.

He was pretty wasteful against Atletico, and pretty average throughout the game. And that's with Madrid had all the possession, which is he won't have with your team.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I agree with most of this. Becks or Brehme to Batigol is imo the best route to a goal and I can't see Isotope coming back into the game if he concedes first.
How? not enough goalscorers and playmakers in my team? Why do you think Kazi's would outscore mine?

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Toure getting a bit undersold here. antohan is right that Rjjakrd simply won't allow him to exert any influence in front of the box but he is still not a passenger in that MF. He will compete with Ballack and Hierro. I also don't think his level is that far off from Ballack infact it can be argued which one was the better player.
Kazi has an unattractive but a clear route to goal with anyone of Becks, Ramos or Brehme supplying a ball to Batigol to latch on to.
What mate? I can't take this seriously. Sorry. Do you think Yaya Toure can arguably be better than peak Ballack?

Last edited:

Kazi

When he scored against Barca, he was against a naive wet behind ear right back. Not to mention the Gk Barca had (Pinto). Now he's against Angloma and Buffon.

He was pretty wasteful against Atletico, and pretty average throughout the game. And that's with Madrid had all the possession, which is he won't have with your team.
But you cannot deny his record. Has played in two huge finals and his record stands for itself - he's a big player. Against Inter Milan, he came up against one of the best right backs and goalkeepers in the world at the time (if not the best) and destroyed them both.

What mate? I can't take this seriously. Sorry. Do you think Yaya Toure can arguably be better than peak Ballack?
I don't think Yaya Toure is better than Ballack. But what he is, is a unique midfielder that Rijkaard and Hierro may not have ever come up against in their careers. Not often do you get such an impressive athlete the size of Yaya in midfield that is so dangerous with the ball at his feet.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
But what he is, is a unique midfielder that Rijkaard and Hierro may not have ever come up against in their careers. Not often do you get such an impressive athlete the size of Yaya in midfield that is so dangerous with the ball at his feet.
Frank Rijkaard would laugh his bollocks off if he ever read this. Hierro, fair enough, he could struggle to keep up with the pace, but that is not his job here anyway. Hierro and Ballack supposedly have to "worry" about Makelele and De Rossi.

I think it's crystal clear iso has more of the ball and controls the game, it's not even up for discussion and I'd suggest if you go through you really improve that midfield core. You do have excellent delivery from Brehme and Beckham and that may prove enough to nick it here.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
But you cannot deny his record. Has played in two huge finals and his record stands for itself - he's a big player. Against Inter Milan, he came up against one of the best right backs and goalkeepers in the world at the time (if not the best) and destroyed them both.
Was it against Inter that never pass the group stage / playoff16 since Mou left?

I don't think Yaya Toure is better than Ballack. But what he is, is a unique midfielder that Rijkaard and Hierro may not have ever come up against in their careers. Not often do you get such an impressive athlete the size of Yaya in midfield that is so dangerous with the ball at his feet.
That is just rediculous in many level :lol:. Sorry. I don't even think Yaya is the best midfielder in the City.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Since Yaya turns into 'arguably better' than peak Ballack (3 times Germany Player of the Year, European Midfielder of the Year, and German NT captain), I realize that I need to increase my attack.

Here comes Spanish NT all time goalscorer, Dawid Biya.
And Hierro is back with his long-time partner, Sanchis.

Last edited:

Kazi

Frank Rijkaard would laugh his bollocks off if he ever read this. Hierro, fair enough, he could struggle to keep up with the pace, but that is not his job here anyway. Hierro and Ballack supposedly have to "worry" about Makelele and De Rossi.

I think it's crystal clear iso has more of the ball and controls the game, it's not even up for discussion and I'd suggest if you go through you really improve that midfield core. You do have excellent delivery from Brehme and Beckham and that may prove enough to nick it here.
Maybe. But tell me a player that Rijkaard has ever come up against similar to Yaya?

I've already said I expect Isotope to have more of the ball, but that doesn't mean he'll win. Honestly can't see his attacking midfielders finding a route to goal, while my route to goal is very clear. Even more so with his change of formation, one less midfielder to bypass on the counter.

Last edited:

Kazi

I've sent my pens to crappy, I think I'll wait until the afternoon to see if I won the lottery that is pens. Good luck Isotope.

Anti-DNA

I always thought the defensive ability of Rijkaard was over-rated. He was a complete midfielder with a lot of offensive ability, contributing often around 10 goals a season with both goals and assists.

Rijkaard was not a better holding midfielder than Desailly, not just because of the team but because of the player he was. Rijkaard had a very strong partnership with Ancelotti, two complete midfielders where each could cover in play for the other. But with Desailly, he was called the "padlock" because of his style.

A very good deep playmaker and strong defensive capability, but I do not think he would be as good as an anchor. He was at his best in Milan as the interno.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I always thought the defensive ability of Rijkaard was over-rated. He was a complete midfielder with a lot of offensive ability, contributing often around 10 goals a season with both goals and assists.

Rijkaard was not a better holding midfielder than Desailly, not just because of the team but because of the player he was. Rijkaard had a very strong partnership with Ancelotti, two complete midfielders where each could cover in play for the other. But with Desailly, he was called the "padlock" because of his style.

A very good deep playmaker and strong defensive capability, but I do not think he would be as good as an anchor. He was at his best in Milan as the interno.
You meant Albertini?

Agreed that Rijkaard is more than a pure DM. But that midfield trio supposedly interchangeable with Rijkaard took the more defensive role. Pirlo positioned as deep-lying playmaker (at DM spot), but he can also dictate the tempo in final third when attacking, with others cover for him.

Anti-DNA

You meant Albertini?

Agreed that Rijkaard is more than a pure DM. But that midfield trio supposedly interchangeable with Rijkaard took the more defensive role. Pirlo positioned as deep-lying playmaker (at DM spot), but he can also dictate the tempo in final third when attacking, with others cover for him.
The best of Frank Rijkaard in Milan came from 1988-1990. From what I know, Albertini had never played the full competitive match with Rijkaard at this time. Albertini was more of a Capello-player, often playing with Desailly. Ancelotti played several matches with Rijkaard from 1988-1990.

The picture you showed did not look "interchangeable", because Rijkaard was in a deeper line than both Hierro and Ballack. That picture suggested that Rijkaard was the defensive midfielder which brought my post, because I do not think Rijkaard was an outstanding defensive midfielder like Desailly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Will Buffon being Buffon or Buffoon? (ah.. cheap joke).

crappycraperson

Scout
I will clear this up first.

Yaya is either hideously overrated on here or terribly underrated by some. For the former, see people saying that he would make a mockery of Keane or Vieira, or in this very draft Kazi saying he would trouble Rijkard. For latter, you have yourself bizarrely claiming that he is not even the best CM at City. Fernandinho may allow him to play his natural game but better player he is not. Toure has obviously failed to make his mark in Europe with City and he deserves criticism for that.

As far as Ballack question goes, I would still rate him ahead of Toure but I won't argue with someone making a case for latter being better. Gap is not as big as you want to think. Ballack's obvious peak was 2002 with BL and Germany in the WC. He did not kick up a gear after that at Bayern. In fact his time at Bayern was exactly like that of Yaya. Dominance in the domestic league but no cigar in Europe, where he was even outclassed by someone like Lampard. There after at Chelsea, he was totally wasted and he has no one but himself to blame for that given he agreed to move there.

crappycraperson

Scout
Players gather at the half line ....

Toss decides that Kazi will take the first penalty kick