g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Draft - Isotope VS Kazi

Who will win based on the players peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
KAZI - FIRST PEN

Batigol hits it right down the middle while Buffon dives to the left....

Kazi - 1-0

crappycraperson

Scout
ISOTOPE - FIRST PEN

Rivaldo tries to slot it to his left but Cech moves to his right and saves it!

1-0 Kazi leads!

Annahnomoss

The best of Frank Rijkaard in Milan came from 1988-1990. From what I know, Albertini had never played the full competitive match with Rijkaard at this time. Albertini was more of a Capello-player, often playing with Desailly. Ancelotti played several matches with Rijkaard from 1988-1990.

The picture you showed did not look "interchangeable", because Rijkaard was in a deeper line than both Hierro and Ballack. That picture suggested that Rijkaard was the defensive midfielder which brought my post, because I do not think Rijkaard was an outstanding defensive midfielder like Desailly.
The best of Rijkaard isn't necessarily what we should judge the players of in terms of which positions they could be played in. Someone like Gullit was best as a second striker, but everybody knows he was a versatile player capable of more roles than so.

Rijkaard was even in his Milan time used in a more defensive role in Europe and for the Dutch national team. If he scored 11 goals in a season, 10 of those were in the Italian league as he just averaged one goal a season in Europe as they wanted him in a more defensively balanced role there.

Rijkaard of course further proved his ability in LVG's Ajax where he played as a DM in front of a back-three of De Boer-Blind-Reizeiger and he kept that balanced enough to win the CL.

So even if it is fair to say Rijkaards best years came in Milan, it is also unfair to say he'd be worse in the position he is played in here as it is a position he has proven himself in, both the purely defensive midfielder role and primarily the defensive box to box role.

For the dutch NT he scored 1 goal in 4 years in the peak you have mentioned which shows he wasn't used as an all-round midfielder but rather as a defensively minded one.'

crappycraperson

Scout
Kazi - Second Pen

Brehme up against .. Buffon....

He smacks it to the center again... Buffon goes to his left ...

2-0 Kazi!

crappycraperson

Scout
Isotope - Second pen

Pressure on Hierro...

He quietly rolls the ball to the center ... Cech goes to his right.. again

Pressure? What Pressure...

2-1 Kazi Leads.

crappycraperson

Scout
Toure steps up next... a lot of howling going on...

Isotope shouts from the dugout.. "You are not even as good as Djemba twins"

Kazi has arranged a cake for being bestest CM in the world for Yaya to motivate him in front of such derision.

Buffon's got to save this one surely?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

@Annahnomoss change formation, please.
Wait, what? You had an option whereby you could have played Hierro and Ferrara as CBs and you didn't use it? (not even here, benching Angloma instead).

Crosses flying in and you left your best header of a ball in midfield all game despite being able to bring him in. You are either mental or have balls of steel, not sure which.

crappycraperson

Scout
Kazi- Third Pen

Bam! Down the middle again from yaya.... Buffon goes to his left yet again...

3-1 Kazi leads.

crappycraperson

Scout
Isotope - Third pen

Another spaniard.. Villa steps up .. and scores.... rolls the ball to his right while Cech had already dived the opposite way

3-2 Kazi leads

antohan

Has Buffon ever faced someone like Toure in a penalty shootout? Has he? Has he?

Clearly not.

crappycraperson

Scout
Beckham steps up next... he is dissecting the penalty like anything... doesn't seem right.. Buffon is confident for this one...

antohan

I can sense a miss coming.

Edit: no shit Sherlock now I see the message above

crappycraperson

Scout
Kazi - Fourth Pen

Becks goes to hit.. but falls down!

Surely that's a miss .. but what's that Buffon has dived yet again to his left while ball meekly rolls into the middle of the goal.

What a howler!

Kazi leade 4-2

crappycraperson

Scout
Isotope- Fourth Pen

Savicevic smacks high into the middle as Cech had camped himself to his right.

It's on! 4-3 Kazi leads.

crappycraperson

Scout
Buffon is crawling to the penalty box.. he would up against his Italian team mate- De Rossi..

Buffon seems confident... Team Kazi is ready to celebrate... Champagne is well and truly on ice!

antohan

Has anyone noticed how no one ever misses the goal in these shootouts? Amazing. ;)

crappycraperson

Scout
Kazi - Fifth Pen

De Rossi marches and shoots towards the center again.... Buffon had already committed himself to diving..

but he leaves a leg in middle which stops the shot.

Finally a save.

Kazi still leads 4-3

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Wait, what? You had an option whereby you could have played Hierro and Ferrara as CBs and you didn't use it? (not even here, benching Angloma instead).

Crosses flying in and you left your best header of a ball in midfield all game despite being able to bring him in. You are either mental or have balls of steel, not sure which.
You know my style, anto. It's all midfield control. And with Ferrara (and Rijkaard could drop deep) there, also Buffon's ability on charging crossing, I think I have enough cover for a lone ranger Batistuta.

Annahnomoss

Has anyone noticed how no one ever misses the goal in these shootouts? Amazing. ;)
What do you think about the idea of giving goalkeepers a certain percent to make a save in penalty shoot-outs? To give them some kind of value in these drafts as that value doesn't exist for the voters.

So say you have Yashin and it goes to penalty shoot-outs, you'd get a say 33% chance of saving even when the opponent shot left and you stood still in the middle.

Would give some value to the goalkeepers without being too extreme as some people still take them in to account for the voting.

antohan

You know my style, anto. It's all midfield control. And with Ferrara (and Rijkaard could drop deep) there, also Buffon's ability on charging crossing, I think I have enough cover for a lone ranger Batistuta.
Sanchís is quite simply the wrong man to play in a game set up like that. Not his strongest suit at all.

crappycraperson

Scout
All on Ballack now.. score to enter sudden death.. miss and you are out.

Smart ploy to leave the last pen to a German? We shall see...

Annahnomoss

I think Hierro and Rijkaard in the midfield is as optimal as it goes in terms of adding to the aerial presence in the box.

crappycraperson

Scout
What do you think about the idea of giving goalkeepers a certain percent to make a save in penalty shoot-outs? To give them some kind of value in these drafts as that value doesn't exist for the voters.

So say you have Yashin and it goes to penalty shoot-outs, you'd get a say 33% chance of saving even when the opponent shot left and you stood still in the middle.

Would give some value to the goalkeepers without being too extreme as some people still take them in to account for the voting.
Have a keeper poll in the penalty shoot out among the managers playing. Margin of win decided how much advantage keeper has in saving the pens.

antohan

Could make the shootouts quite boring though. It's best not to have any expectation on misses. A 20% save chance would mean you can't concede more than four. Spoils the fun.

Annahnomoss

Have a keeper poll in the penalty shoot out among the managers playing. Margin of win decided how much advantage keeper has in saving the pens.
That is not a bad idea at all. Keepers should be valued on their whole rather for just their penalty shoot-out ability. Could give a huge bonus for a Yashin then over someone else which is fair enough.

If you spent 30 millions on Yashin you deserve some kind of benefit from it.