Fantasy Football 2015/2016

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I'm doing the all out attack (2-5-3) in first GW and using WC before GW2.

Team:
Ruddy
Targett-Huth
Hazard-Walcott-Cazorla-Sterling-Ritchie
Rooney-Lukaku-Benteke

With the new rules you have to use one WC before christmas anyway, and with this tactic I can get a flying start while also getting some more information as to who will actually play etc. Will also get in Aguero for GW2 without any problems.
Can you have just 2 defenders?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire

Thinking of going with this. I know Sanchez mightn't play so I might take him out for week one and put him in when he's back. I'm going to wait to see if he's any closer to starting.

Canuckred64

Can you have just 2 defenders?
You can use the option of 2 defenders once only. Not sure it is wise using it the first week though. Kind of think that all three of the new options are better used when a number of teams are playing a double gameweek.

kps88

Walcott and Giroud are messing things up for me at the moment. Would like at least one of them in my team but not sure if they're ever going to start at the same time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Would anyone be interested in playing for money? Like just a few quid entry fee and then split the money among the top 2-3 at the end. Might keep it a bit more interesting.

stretford_oslo

You can use the option of 2 defenders once only. Not sure it is wise using it the first week though. Kind of think that all three of the new options are better used when a number of teams are playing a double gameweek.
There will probably be a good double gameweek twice this season as well, like it's been the last few years. Will save the 'triple captain' option and the 'bench boost' for these.

Tarrou

Would anyone be interested in playing for money? Like just a few quid entry fee and then split the money among the top 2-3 at the end. Might keep it a bit more interesting.
I would, but collecting the money is a bit of a drag with these things. If you're willing to do that, I'm in.

coolredwine

lameredboots

Thinking of going with this. I know Sanchez mightn't play so I might take him out for week one and put him in when he's back. I'm going to wait to see if he's any closer to starting.
According to Wenger, Sanchez won't be featuring in the first 2-3 games.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thinking of getting in Chamberlain. With Sanchez definitely not playing in the first few games, he is nailed on starter and most likely to give points as well.

vodrake

Thinking of trading Rooney and Sakho (or a midfielder) when Aguero's back to get him in.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So after another few changes currently looks like:

Ive got 3.5mill spare for when Sanchez comes back, who will replace Depay or Walcott, coupled with changing Benteke for Kane after we have played them. Or i would bring in Aguero possibly if the team is getting points.

Gone for a cheap defence of full backs incase they get assists and two cheap goalkeepers because I don't think they make a huge difference most of the time - you can get lucky with cheap keepers.

TOP TIP: Im betting Walcott starts upfront for Arsenal so should get a fair few goals which would be very decent for a midfielder. Abit pricey though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Walcott could be a great shout actually. He's done very well for me (albeit very briefly) a few times over the past few seasons, and that's when he wasn't even considered for up top. You've just got to keep an eye on his injuries though.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I just don't know whether Giroud will start. Seemed he did more against Chelsea than Walcott did during the 90 (bar the assist). Maybe Wenger might go with the Frenchman.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I just don't know whether Giroud will start. Seemed he did more against Chelsea than Walcott did during the 90 (bar the assist). Maybe Wenger might go with the Frenchman.
Yeh but either way i think Walcott will start with Sanchez still out, i hope anyway. Ox looked good too but more likely to start as back up i think if its a choice between him and theo but i could be wrong. Don't think Wenger would drop Ozil so could be Cazorla who loses out perhaps if Giroud does come back in. We'll see.

Tarrou

I don't think I've ever spent this much time fiddling with my team preseason before. So many midfield options it's making my head hurt!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good idea, if you set it up I'd say a few people will join. Think everyone else is too lazy to deal with the money themselves.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I would, but collecting the money is a bit of a drag with these things. If you're willing to do that, I'm in.
Good idea, if you set it up I'd say a few people will join. Think everyone else is too lazy to deal with the money themselves.
Haha, I was kind of hoping someone else would take the idea and run with it themselves but I guess I could do it. Everyone can just send it to me on paypal or if a mod wants to hold the money. Should we actually run this by mods/admins before doing it?

Green_Red

Well up for that. How many people we got in the league? £10 sterling a head?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Was just looking through team names on the caf league, a lot of "who ate all Depays". The worst was "TopBanter#word"... please reveal yourself.

Anyway, my final team I think:

Surprised only 1.9% have picked Lloris when he's .5million less (5m). Might have to change him for De Gea should he turn out to be shit.
I've got a million spare so considering swapping Kane for Rooney, but could end up being a diabolical move. I changed my whole team around so I could have decent subs rather than the cheapest ones.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

I have no clue about what I'm doing, neither am I likely to change players in or out. :P

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
According to Wenger, Sanchez won't be featuring in the first 2-3 games.
Ah thanks for that.

For the first few games I could bring in Cazorla for Sanchez. This would leave me with enough money to bring in Rooney for Pelle too. Leaving me with this

Would it be worth making that change and forgetting about Sanchez altogether. Or is Rooney a risk? Considering Pelle has scored 6 goals in pre season to Rooney's one. I know, Southampton's opposition weren't great, but still.

So Sanchez and Pelle or Cazorla and Rooney? Which will get me more points?

Don't worry, I'm not in the caf league, so all advice is appreciated.

Guy

What's the league code?
It's in the OP:
How do you post a pic of your team? I'm an idiot.
I'd imagine most people are just screen-capping their teams and posting the image.

The easiest way to do it is to search for the 'Snipping Tool' app in Windows 7 onwards, or use Command-Shift-4 on OSX and select an area (the resulting image is saved to your desktop).